Kicked from Dungeon because of being on Oceanic Server!

That’s not how it works.

With latency your key presses are delayed to the server. You can combat that by pressing them early (before the GCD is finished) and still pull off a pretty optimal rotation.

What’s hard is interrupting 1 second casts (i.e. Reliquary of Souls) but there aren’t many fast casts in the game these days and casts longer than 1 second give you time to notice and send an interrupt key press before they finish.

We raided hard mode Ulduar with 300ms and it was OK. If you can’t do a dungeon with 300ms you got multiple problems and latency isn’t the worst one.

Besides, you only get oceanic latency if they are the group leader, if they’re in your group it’s just them affected.

because anything over like 90-100ms is easily noticeable and 200+ is nearly unplayable for a lot of people / specs.

You’re used to it. The vast majority are not. You may not need fast response time in lower forms of content, but it certainly makes it less enjoyable to be having 2+ second ability lag.

That almost makes it sound like it is there fault.

Why do the Aussies have to play with such high lag?

Would it kill Blizzard to set up a server or two in Australia?

Oceanic Servers are set up in Australia. Only thing is, people complain about high latency when queued up with Oceanic Players and some going to extremes now to remove them from there groups.

Yeah, but doing Normal or Heroic dungeons are not M+ or High End content. And same as the US Playerbase, the OCE Playerbase have every right to do dungeons without being kicked because of the region they’re playing from.

Unfortunately for OCE players, it’s not up to Blizzard to determine who players have to play with.

So, people have every right to abuse to the Vote-to-Kick system by kicking an Oceanic player because they’re Oceanic, and make them wait even longer to do stuff like dungeons?

Yes, because it’s not abuse. Nowhere does it say “Vote to kick exists only to kick players who are misbehaving in some way”. It’s there to get rid of members the group doesn’t want in the group. Period. Nothing else.

The only things I’d consider abuse are:

• Immediate kick just for fun, forcing the player to wait for their queue CD, not kicking for latency or anything else (unprovable)
  • Kicking right before the final boss with no reason (more obvious, but still not technically provable if it came to a GM decision)

This is why I didn’t join an oce realm. I get higher ping but my overall gameplay is still better due to server I’m in so people are less likely to boot me.

I get constant pugs saying they have over 500MS, recently had one of my M10 keys disband because all 4 of them were complaining about 500MS and after I told them I was OCE they bailed instantly.

There are those players who are nicer and realise they have high ping before we start and leave early, but there are still tons who just walk out halfway with nothing said other than complaints about lag.

I think it’s only logical that people be auto-grouped with other people from the same geographical area.

You’re an oceanic player paying your sub, I’m a US player paying my sub. You’re allowed to do whatever you want, have as much fun as you want to. Right up until you are hindering my fun. Then it’s no longer acceptable. And if your presence is causing my game to perform sub-optimally, then I’m going to be against your presence. It’s not some personal decision. It’s not like I don’t like you. In fact, on any given day, if possible, I’m going to do everything I can to not bother you or hinder your fun in any way. I try to treat all players that way.

But I’ve been doing online gaming since there was online gaming. And ping time/latency/bandwidth are very important to me. I paid a lot of money to put together a gaming computer and network. I pay a lot for my internet service. And I’ve paid for this game and it sub since the beginning. I think it’s only natural to expect that I will want an optimal experience.

I know how you feel. Being on OCE myself, I’ve tanked pugs for ToS keys and had people cry that the Oceanic ping makes the lightning maze “impossible” for them.

Needless to say I’ve joined just as many US groups without ever having the same issue.

That is the most arrogant thing someone can say on this topic. Just because YOU have had it good all the time does not mean you should be punishing us by walking out or forcing us to leave.

We over here have had to deal with choosing the best game based on what overseas server locations there are and in some cases have had to stop playing online due to MS being an issue.

We finally get our own servers and are having it good for awhile and than Blizzard introduce this CRZ thing and now all of a sudden it is our fault your gaming experience is not optimal?

How about you learn for once to play one 200-300 ping for once instead of blaming someone else.

It is players like you that make me hate pugs because you don’t realise what we have gone through and still have to go through in order to even get a group going, let alone finish what we started.

That’s because we are used to the higher ping and know what to do when we encounter it instead of whining and running away because it is not optimal.

3 Likes

Vote-kicking someone because of the region they’re playing from is abuse. For example, me and my warrior before created this thread, in queue for 30 minutes, dungeon pops up. All of a sudden, “You have been removed from the group.” Deserter buff goes up, I whisper and get the answer why I was kicked.

Kicking someone for the region/server they’re on without that person doing anything wrong is abusing the Vote-to-Kick system.

1 Like

Abuse or not, the reality is people chose to play with you or not. GM won’t handhold you and tell people to not kick a goblin because they felt like she would be a good asset to their group.

Not everything is fair, I’ve been removed over stupid reasons as well. Most people have been at one or another. But what you want people to do about it? Blizzard won’t force people to play with others.

You know, I was trying to be civilized about it.

So I guess I’ll just put it another way. If there aren’t enough Australians playing World of Warcraft to group up together, then that’s a you problem. Not a me problem.

I didn’t tell you cats across the pond to buy a game that has the largest population, and is primarily hosted in, the US.

*who once had the largest population.

EU > NA population.
WoW ain’t most played MMO RPG. Now 2nd.

Where’s your data? I’d like to read it.

The fact we have our own servers tells me we have enough now or have had in the past enough players to make our own groups, the fact that Blizzard decided to turn on CRZ is neither persons problem, but with you coming here and straight up blaming OCE for the high MS issues we all have to deal with tells me you are the one not being civilised about it.

Don’t come here and say “It’s your fault, why should I have to suffer” when it was never an issue in the past for either of us. It makes you sound like it is all about you and if you don’t get what you want than you throw the blame to someone else, makes you sound really entitled.

You don’t ever see OCE players complaining about when we get high ping when we join your groups do you?

So, based on our current conflict, you can understand why I support people being auto-grouped in the same geographical location only.

I believe that’s all I have to say on this matter.

And I can agree on that, I cannot sit here though and let you say it is all our fault and try to blame us for you having to deal with an odd group here or there at high ping, because there are still times when the servers are playing up and you get high ping, what do you do then?

Go tell Blizzard to get their act together, not anyone’s fault they are putting fixes in place to enhance players game play that does nothing but make it worse.