Kicked from BG while in PVP combat

I didn’t even see the cow debuff, but I was at horde Frostwolf GY on my healer while actively in PvP combat and healing my teammate who was our only tank. In the middle of capturing the flag I was sent back to SW saying I was removed from the group. I lost out on XP and got removed for NO REASON.

Edit: Just had a fatal crash after looking through my logs, I was top healing and with the whole group but for some reason my logs says I went AFK then immediately not AFK after I was removed. Not sure whats going on.

It’s possible that it didn’t even come up. My understanding is that if enough people report you AFK, you’re simply just removed from the group.

Unfortunately, there’s nothing that can be done about it by posting here.

6 Likes

Yeah, I was there with her. I was tanking some ads by the flag and she was healer on her priest. All of a sudden was removed. Just wanted to advise I was a witness to the entire thing. Not sure what happened. Any ideas?

1 Like

What doesnt make any sense to me is that I was actively in combat, top healing and capping flags. It forced me into AFK then non-afk when I was removed assuming by my logs.

Yes, that’s how the system is triggered, to my knowledge. If the report threshold is met, it completely skips over the one-minute grace period to remove the debuff and just removes you. The instant you’re recognized as AFK, you’re booted.

As for why the players in your game would decide to do that, that’s anyone’s wildest guess.

10 Likes

Yeah I guess so, I never once spoke in chat or s chat for that matter. I was in voice with Umbralian. Sucks but guess it was a premade group being trolls or whatever.

It certainly isn’t the best way to end the night, I completely agree. It’s just a social issue that can’t be mandated by Blizzard, and the silver lining is that it’s one that thankfully doesn’t happen very often to any one particular person.

Only thing I can say is just to wait out the deserter debuff and go it again next time! Certainly don’t let this get to you because of how outweighed it is by the greater experiences.

8 Likes

Thanks for the info and being kind! I will definitely keep this in mind as I do get quite frustrated constantly losing in these. Have a great night!

8 Likes

And the same to you! Best of luck!

4 Likes

I have seen in the Holiday pvp event entire groups reporting players afk just for fun. This function hets missused all the time. And Blizz has never done anything about it. My toon has been kicked a couple of times during pvp - all you can do is wait 15 mins and go back. It is part of the player mentality on wow.

If you feel that you have a way to improve on the system, Blizzard would love the feedback! You’ll want to use the in-game suggestion feature or you can also post in the PVP forums with your suggestion on improving how the reporting works.

Personally, I find it a necessary evil. Without it, there’s no way to kick AFK players. With it, there’s always a level of abuse possible, though in my own experience, those instances are few and very far between.

7 Likes

There is a growing number of players who are sick of losing the holiday event because people run off and do their own thing. Hang out in the mines, avoid combat and soak in the XP, etc. If they open the map and see two people out ahead, they might report it.

This doesn’t make them “trolls”, or any kind of abuse. They don’t want you in the group, and Blizzard isn’t going to force a majority to play with people they don’t want, just like in a 5-man dungeon.

Moving forward, try to stay with the group and follow the group’s general strategy, even if you disagree with it. Ironically, if you add your talents to their strats, you may find them to be more successful.

5 Likes

If you read what I had posted, I clearly said we were at Frostwolf Graveyard. You dont just 2 man that GY with the elites. I was healing while my friend was tanking, we werent going off on our own. And we were helping direct and push the group by not dying.

Don’t know if youre trying to be passive aggressive or what but it seems you took my words a different way. Yes, there were people by mines and staying back to defend, we were not them. We were with the group, so I am assuming YES they were trolls and it was abuse of the report system (That I agree is a lesser of two evils.) as I was top healer and active in PVP with the horde.

As for strats, I believe that you move with the group as I stated before and help lead them, exactly what we were doing lol.

I know NPC’s in bg’s are flagged for pvp, but I thought I recalled reading that they aren’t considered pvp combat in terms of clearing an inactive debuff. I’m trying to find an old forum post or link to verify, without much luck.

1 Like

Someone could have misinterpreted what was happening from somewhere else in the battleground. They would show you down there with the other player(s) not DPSing. They may not have looked at your healing numbers at all.

Once again (not trying to sound rude at all) we were with the group. 30 people around us…its not some random mishap.
What you quoted was me saying WHY you dont try to drive off to that GY with two people was BECAUSE of the elites, not that we were ahead doing so.

And directly fighting NPC elites and horde spawning to defend their GY.

I know this, but it doesn’t mean everyone in the group does. There are a lot of players who are doing AV for the first time.

One consideration missed in this thread - what time of day was it? If it was at reset time, everyone could have been kicked from the BG at the same time. It happens with raids and dungeons, especially ones through LFD/LFR.

1 Like

If you were removed immediately with no cow debuff, that generally means a group of people reported you as AFK. Either it’s a group of people who decide to randomly kick someone, or there was another player in the BG (perhaps with a similar name or the same class) who was the original intended target, and you were chosen by mistake.

1 Like

This could be part of the issue, as well. Trying to direct people to do things can irk people.

In the end, it doesn’t matter how well you were doing, how much healing/damage you did, how many towers/GY you capped or defended, or anything of that nature. The team as a whole did not want you in their group.

That is not “abuse” of any kind. If the majority does not want you there, then you’re gone. Blizzard is not going to force people to let you in if they don’t want you there. Period.

3 Likes

It was not during reset time, it was about 3 am CST (and my friend the DK in the thread was still in the BG after I got kicked, alas we still lost.) It was not a name situation and we weren’t actively saying in chat, just generally moving forward with the group.

I’m pretty sure it only takes 5 or so people to kick, but as I said it was very random to be just ominous. I’m not going to keep responding to a ‘what if’ and ‘you could have done’ situation. Take it easy y’all. <3

1 Like