Kicked from BG while in PVP combat

This same thing has happened to me, and it could have been pretty impossible for a group to /afk report me. Whether it’s a glitch or some GM, who can tell? But it has happened to me. The explanations here don’t explain the ‘quickness’ of it either.

It’s possible to be removed from the group regardless if enough people report you. If the report threshold is met, it completely skips over the one-minute grace period to remove the debuff and just removes you. The instant you’re recognized as AFK, you’re booted.

8 Likes

The /AFK report in battlegrounds acts the same as vote-to-kick in dungeons/raids. If the threshold is met you are removed. Being in active PvP does not protect you.

6 Likes

Now this is a thread necro…

and yes, as many other people have said: If enough people report you all at once, the system will skip the 1 minute “get in combat or get booted” debuff entirely and kick you instantly.

Source: A raid leader for Rath Strat AV’s used the reporting system to get rid of people that were purposefully trying to circumvent the strat. He’d tell people (over voice chat) to “Right click his party icon and report afk in 3… 2… 1…” and then the person he asked us to report went poof.

(…I miss Korrak’s Revenge…)

2 Likes

Orlyia, a forum moderator here, once explained some years ago that if you have a habit of being voted as AFK and develop a history of the behavior, you have earned instant kicks instead of a timer. Not so much the number of people at one instance, but that a number of people over many battles are constantly reporting you. It is a strong indicator one has a history of not being a team player.

So this means even if you are being active, you can be instantly kicked, because your past behavior indicates has shown that other players constantly think you are a detriment to the games you are in.

1 Like

She will certainly be surprised to hear that she’s no longer a vital part of this forum.

4 Likes

So: i never reported anyone, this happened, and it has happened before! If I die, and dont fight, it’ll happen. mostly, what i noticed was: all the people who say ‘give up’ or any other - chances are they’re upssetting people… Upsetting everyone doesnt happem immediatly. but you do. Basically - there is 2 ways to get kicked: mouth off, or sit and do nothing. You were doing one or the other. My guess? both. now: report those you on like.

Maybe put a counter on anyone who initiates kicks, same as you have for people who have been kicked multiple times, if they do it too often in a given amount of time they get a debuff themselves. Kicking good players for fun is also detrimental to the game, but there is no accountability for it.

1. This thread over a year old.
  2. They’re not going to put any such debuff on anyone for removing folks as it’s a majority vote. It isn’t one person removing someone.
3 Likes

It was the only way I could think of to slow down the custom group trolls who do it for fun, was replying to the Blizzard employee looking guy, but yeah see now this is an old as thread. (It came up in Google. Haha).

If a group is removing people from a PvP situation, then either 1) the player isn’t actively participating, or 2) enough of them reported to make it a majority kick.

In a regular dungeon, excessive vote to kicks will incur a longer and longer cooldown time. I’m not 100% if it works the same way in BG’s. But either way, if a group doesn’t want a player on their team (for any reason, or even no reason), they are not forced to keep them.

3 Likes

Just to clarify, I’m a player just like you and not a Blizz employee :wink:

3 Likes

You can only Q as a 5 man team for a random epic, out of 40 folks, wonder what the threshold for a kick is?

Oh gotcha, your different text + “Blizzard would love the feedback”, had me mixed up.

1 Like

If it runs by the same dynamics, it would be 21 people of a 40 man team. So if a 5-man team initiates it, then they still need 16 other people to agree.

Also know that there isn’t a popup box like in a dungeon. So 16 others would have to actually target to player, and report for AFK.

1 Like

Then I wonder if it’s a bug? Or a lot of people hate their top healers in Wintergrasp.

Actually, it would only take 20 votes to kick, since the person the vote is about has no idea about the vote, it would be majority out of 39.

2 Likes

Looks like this is still happening. I was literally in combat and got teleported out, receiving the afk debuff. However I also noticed I was randomly coming out of stealth as well, no combat, no bleeds, no DH around etc.

Please don’t necro three year old threads.

But yes, it’s still happening because it’s working as intended:

If you feel it’s not working properly, you’ll want to post in the Bug Report Forum, or the in-game Bug Report feature

If you have a suggestion as to how the system should work, you’ll want to leave your feedback in the PvP forum, or use the in-game Suggestion feature

5 Likes