Khadgar Missing in Dalaran

Can anyone help me with this? :frowning: I want to finish the order hall on my mage T.T.
Who will be the beautiful soul that will help me?

We can help each other fix his phasing. I also need a partner to party sync with to fix it.

i have my dracthyr level 70, we can try if u want, or i can create another character

Someone needs to get this information to the masses

Do you know if it has to be max lvl? trying to get the class mount on a warrior and we tried this but to no avail :confused:

I’m on right now if someone wants to try. I have a 70 that can see Khadgar and need help with an 80 that can’t. Sitting at Violet Citadel.

Just did this method with a generous helper. It worked for my 80 that had completed TWW campaign but it did not work for their 70 that had not completed the campaign, so it looks like you either need to be 80 or have progressed through TWW campaign a certain amount.

2 Likes

good to know, had already started doing the campaign, so good to know i wasn’t doing it for just completing the story

Yes, I had the level 70 that this fix does not work for. This level 70 is an alt so the TWW campaign is open-ended for them. I have no idea if not being max level or completing the campaign are required to make the workaround work. This level 70 character did complete both the prepatch harbinger questline and the intro dalaran questline for the TWW just past the dornogal unlock quests.

If anyone can confirm this fix for a character under level 80 or who hasn’t finished the TWW campaign that would be very helpful into figuring out why this works for some and not everyone.

1 Like

I also tried completing the intro questline again on this character through party sync and that did not help.

So I figured out the issue. Being level 70 creates a problem for the phasing in the game. Upon leveling to 71 Khadgar phased in for me and I could accept all the quests he offered in the violet citadel.

I hope this helps anyone who could not get this fix to work originally.

I have Level 71 and 72 characters and still cannot accept quests from Khadgar in the Violet Citadel (Uniting the Isles or Magic Message).

I’m gonna try to get to level 80 to see if it changes anything but still waiting for a hotfix for this. Bump.

1 Like

also could not access the quest even after being like 75, just going to 80 and hoping that works

That didn’t work for me. I just hit 71 and still no Khadgar. I’ve done all the TWW intro quests up to the Building Blocks and A Natural Remedy campaign quests but he’s still not in the Violet Citadel.

Ya know? Blizz could make this an easy fix if they just let you turn in the dang quest no matter where you find Khadgar. SMH

Did either of you three do the party sync TWW intro skip workaround that was referenced higher up in the thread?

I still had to do that workaround to get khadgar to phase in. It’s just that leveling allowed it to work.

I have the same issue. Can see the quests in Dalaran, but no Khadgar. I used the archivist in violet citadel to get the WQs to pop-up. I have completed the Hunter Class Quest and received the title, but can’t go any further.

what worked for me was i just completed the war within campaign up until the quest “Surface Bound” and then after completing that i went to dalaran, did the party sync method and he phased in for me, was lvl 77, so you do not have to be lvl 80

Unfortunately don’t have anyone that can assist with the party sync solution proposed here

I’ve been following this thread for a week or so. I had big hopes today’s server reset would make him appear but it didn’t happen.

I have 3 characters affected. 2 Remix characters, both level 70. Lexicar (Emerald Dream) and Wutzuen (Emerald Dream). The third is time walked outside of Legion. Mornawen (Emerald Dream). All three I have pushed through TWW intro and Harbinger to no avail, Khadgar is missing from Violet Citadel and Krasus Landing.

I’ve done a lot of research and experimentation. I should be working on TWW but I’m obsessed. sigh Assuming you had a legacy character run through this content once, there seems to be 3 critical quests new characters need to get from Khadgar to unlock all artifact appearances and get the class mount. 2 are at the Violet Citadel as soon as you get to Dalaran and unlock the class hall: “Uniting the Isles” and “A Falling Star”. Pick them up ASAP before he disappears.

The third quest is “Armies of Legionfall” at Krasus Landing. I believe this quest is gated at a certain level because he does not appear for early level characters. My gut tells me its level 45, the current level cap of Legion zones. I’ll know for sure once I level my baby Warrior. This quest is the one that will kill your efforts because once you trigger the phasing for TWW intro he disappears. If I’m right that means there is a window between 45 and 68 where you have to get this quest from him if you have hopes of unlocking the class mount.

There’s also some weirdness in phasing picking up breadcrumb zone quests from the Scouting Map, such as “Azuna Awaits”. I’ve seen Suramar as the only zone selectable, and I’ve also had Khadgar not appear at Krasus Landing if you collected a bread crumb. I think these issues start to manifest at level 45 as well but that’s unconfirmed. Wowhead has a detailed list of quest steps that can be used to skip the breadcrumbs altogether.

If you are a brand new player and need Suramar… well thats a whole different quest chain I think you need from Khadgar at Violet Citadel. I honestly don’t even know if that ties into class mount and artifact skins. Thank the Maker I didn’t need it.

At this point I would just like an honest answer from Blizzard on their intentions of fixing these issues. I get there are bigger priorities with an expansion launch, but I just want to know if I should recreate my 3 characters and timewalk inside Legion. The real bummer is for any newcomers who hit level cap and learn about all the cool class stuff they cant get. They are hosed right now.

I just tried again with the party sync like others have mentioned, still not there. Been trying to finish class campaign since Remix ended and cannot find him. Put in a ticket, was told to wait till expansion launch. Still nothing. Was told to wait till official launch and not early access, still nothing. Been checking daily, done all the quests I could, I see uniting the isle quest on my map. I really hope they take another look at this issue.