Khadgar Missing in Dalaran

I didn’t think of doing newer world quests. Great idea. Still bummed that I can’t progress to Broken Shore / Argus.

Khadgar is still buried in the bottom of the map of Violet Citadel for me.

Note for Blizzard: Maybe next time you write a story or release an expansion, try to be original with where it’s all starting or taking place because you can avoid this problem entirely if you just didn’t use the Dalaran you already had as the launching point for the War Within, didn’t use Khadgar as the person that gave out a lot of the quests for War Within, nearly anything you did was just not well thought out here guys. This is lazy.

2 Likes

Still missing for me as well, and my friend who also has the Luminous Pearl quest still cannot see him either. He is now trying to start the Suramar questline, but cannot talk to Khadgar to start it. Lots of content being held up on this one NPC missin!

1 Like

Adding to this even tho it seems Blizzard isnt smart enough to fix this properly in a timely manner… But trying to do this quest to finish the mage mount questline and he is not at the staircase like he should be but instead shows underground… This is keeping me from turning in multiple quests but the burning within one is the most annoying

Why haven’t you fixed this, its so annoying, i just want my damn fishing pole

Still same issue. Its been almost a week

Im trying to progress my Legion campaign - I am a new player (noob) and I really want to get to Argus so I can farm the Antorus raid for the mounts. I progressed the Legion campaign until the quest “Khadgars Discovery” but hes underneath of the building. Does anyone know if there is another way for me to progress? Im confused on the entire process for unlocking the Argus zone and getting the raid. Im lvl 73

This is extremely frustrating. I even though maybe going to Chromie and switching timelines would work but thats not even an option either. She just tells me to go help with TWW stuff >.> I basically leveled up a bunch of alts during the Echos event for literally nothing because now I cant progress with Khadgar MIA…

1 Like

Just chiming in to say I’m having the exact same problem and it’s very frustrating. I’m also trying to complete the Paladin order hall campaign on my alt and am only able to progress to “Khadgar’s Discovery”. As others have mentioned the quest marker appears to indicate he’s below the Violet Citadel but he’s nowhere to be found.

I am also having this issue. Been trying to unlock Legion World Quests since remix ended (have tried on both a remix-leveled character and a boosted character - both 70). I haven’t yet tried a fresh alt since this issue started, but that will be my next step. Just seems weird that the quest “Uniting the Isles” shows up on the map over the Violet Citadel (where Khadgar should be), but when I go look he’s just not there. Hoping they fix this soon.

1 Like

Yeah, same issue as everyone here, I’m trying to start The Hand of Fate. I had one quest that pop’d him for it and was able to turn in 4 quests in the field, but he didn’t give me any that way. Wish they would just add a pillar or some stand-in for him to just use when he’s missing lol.

I submitted a bug report as well for this issue but adding to this one so they actually fix it. Their “hotfix” for legion quests clearly didnt work and obviously did not put Khadgar back in the Violet Citadel. I am currently stuck on my mage campaign quest “Burning Within” which requires me to talk to him in the Violet Citadel and he is not there

I just did this at 3:40am EST 9/1/2024. A friend who hadnt done the TWW intro party sync’d with me, i accepted the quest. Then when we broke the party sync he spawned in and i could turn in and accept the follow up quest.

3 Likes

Daym, not too bad. … the fact remains nevertheless that that’s a workaround, not a fix. Fingers crossed that an actual fix makes it through eventually.

I just tried it with a random he could see it he party synced me to his lvl and phase ect… he was lvl 70 and hadn’t started TWW maybe he wasn’t low enough level? but it didnt work I was on my lvl 80 Drawlf Pally and i even tried using a low level alt for someone else and it still didnt work for them.

Hey I was the other friend Cahliope mentioned. Might not be low enough; we’ve done it twice to verify, on horde and alliance. On horde, I was on a level 60 Belf I hadn’t touched since before DF. On Alliance, they were on a level 45 hunter. Both the max level characters we tested had finished the TWW campaign fully.

Step wise:
Lower level friend syncs party, max level character runs down to Khadgar in the portrait room (where he was for the prepatch event/starting the TWW intro), talks to him, and skips the TWW intro to be put into Dornogal. Immediately go back to Dalaran, have lower friend cancel party sync, and Khadgar phased in, right in front of us both times.

Haven’t verified this with the issues people are having with class hall progression, but it’s worked for us trying to turn in the luminous pearl quest to Khadgar in the Violet Citadel for the Underlight Angler.

Hope another attempt works for you!

14 Likes

Gah, that still means you need to have purchased TWW to make it work … oh well.

I followed those step and it WORKED! you just sealed your nomination for Duo of the year 2024 along side your friend!

1 Like

This worked for me as well, thank you!

Fix: I used my Warlock to summon my friend, who had this bug, to the Chamber of the Guardian, in the correct time phase. Khadgar was there and my friend could continue with the quest chain.

1 Like