Khadgar Missing in Dalaran

I can’t find Khadgar anywhere in Dalaran to do the quest turn in so that I can unlock the World Quests. I have already unlocked World Quests in Legion and do the turn in for Khadgar’s Discovery.

I did the quests to set up my Class Hall, and I’ve done the Radiant Echoes quests to get the new gear in preparation for the TWW expansion, but no Khadgar to unlock world quests in Legion for this alt. Khadgar is not in the Violet Citadel where he belongs to unlock World Quests.

12 Likes

I had a bunch of Khadgar phase issues recently, as there are now 3 different versions of Khadgar in Dal. I was advised that i had to do the intro event after the last update for the war within to allow all 3 phases to show. For awhile I could not see the version of Khadgar that offered A falling star. Finished the old Habinger questline, AND the new Harbinger questline with the waterlogged tome, etc. I was finally able to see and accept a falling star, completed it, and now when i go to turn it in, Khadgar is there, in the Chamber of the Guardian, and mini-map shows the yellow ? mark for turn in, but Khadgar doesn’t show a ? and won’t accept the quest turn in, and of course none of the others will either. I can’t complete my class order hall questline without it, and some other questlines seem to hinge on this as well.

3 Likes

you might need to do the magni intro stuff available for war within if you havent already. have you done the old hunt for the harbinger questline? A poor reception and the new vision of azeroth questlines apparently affect phasing in Dal between the different Khadgars.

1 Like

Same here. Can’t finish Fallen Star quest line to unlock the Order Hall. Did all Harbinger and pre TWW stuff. Khadgar seems stuck in TWW mode.

Same experience with A Falling Star currently. It’s definitely frustrating and I hope Blizzard can fix his phasing soon since I want that Ashbringer skin, it looks great. Right now, Khadgar has got 2 dialogue options after completing A Fallen Star and returning to the side room, or a longer Harbinger option, with Jaina close by. The indicator on the minimap and quest log both suggest I’ve finished the quest and am in the right location (I’ve even tried talking to the many Khadgar’s in Dal to see if I’m missing something).

My guess is it’s related to his phasing in prepatch activities… but it’s worth noting that the quest item from the water cave giant didn’t come into my bags upon looting, despite the chat text stating that I had looted it and the quest being marked as complete. I’ve even tried dropping this quest and picking it up, logging out and in or using /reload, none of it works.

1 Like

Were you in the Legion version of Dalaran?

Since the recent patch I couldn’t turn in “Memories of Adventures Past” (the one that sent you to Dalaran, then through a portal and back) until I did “Painful Lessons” (starts with the one you get at level 70 on login that has you to talk with Magni)

Yup, legion Dal.

I also can’t find Khadgar in Legion dal after doing the Tears of Elune quest line. The turn in question mark is viewable, but he is nowhere to be found.

Tried to start The Harbinger quest to open up Shadowlands using a character from Remix but no Khadgar in the Chamber of the Guardian. I have no other Khadgar quests.

Khadgar has to be the most incorrectly phased individual in the history of Azeroth.

2 Likes

The phasing issue is has gotten worse now that TWW Early Access has started. I’ve finished the entirety of the TWW intro scenario/gotten to the first major capital and he’s STILL missing, whereas before all you had to do was complete pre-TWW stuff. The only difference now is that he’s literally nowhere – not in Violet Citadel and not in Aegwynn’s Gallery.

Maybe a pre-TWW phasing NPC is needed for Legion Dalaran (i.e., Silithus, Darkshore, etc.)?

… sheesh. -_- Just going to hope for a Zidormi, then, and hopefully in time before I decide to get started on all of the Legion content I still haven’t done.

Same. I was wanting to go back and do legion content after finishing TWW. Khadgar is stuck by Jaina in the portal room area beneath Dal. I can’t get him to phase into the violet citadel.

Things I’ve done:
Legion Intro quest, Shadowlands intro quest, BFA intro quest, all of TWW, Echo of Memories event, The Harbinger, exhausted his dialogue, double checked Magni, went to mission board, basically tried everything I can think of and no class hall/artifact quest.

1 Like

Same.
I just want to unlock world quest for broken isles and get the whistle but I can’t find Khadgar in the violet citadel.
I’ve completed the harbinger line and the introduction quest for tww.

1 Like

There is a bug with Khadgar, they supposedly hotfixed it but it is still occuring for many people. They referred me here as well. I was having this issue during pre-patch and was up to date on all the quests before yesterday dropped. He still wasn’t in legion Dal all weekend. It’s def a bug and not something doing quests will fix.

Oof, I did see the mention in the support article that it was hotfixed, but good to know it’s still an issue.

its not only kadghar its magni too

The actual heck. … noted.

Also having an issue, cannot turn in the “Luminous Pearl” quest to Khadgar in Dalaran.

2 Likes

Same here, can’t progress “Burning Within” for the mage class hall mount because Khadgar’s been ghosting me all weekend