Keep the Mage Tower (and its' Druid forms) exclusive

yea my opinion is for all the forms to be accessible. Druid forms should not be exclusive. Color options, sure, but what we are talking about isn’t a color option.

5 Likes

I suppose we could keep speculating, can’t really know for sure.

I can just imagine if they released the tower without the form. People would lose their minds.

I suppose it doesn’t matter to just you, which is completely fine. If you don’t care I guess it doesn’t affect you. :slight_smile:

Yep.

Why would they? I don’t know how much ‘work’ it would be for them to bring it back in it’s original forms with the same power levels and balance, but unless they can do it in that way I can’t see it happening.

Tbh they have a bunch of options and this is one (two if you count feral) form. It won’t be a big deal.

I do get this, really. But this is Blizzards fault in how it was implemented and the thing is it is a big deal for those of us that covet it. See:

You’re quoting this person but you’re missing their point. The point was “there’s no reason to gatekeep. Nobody sees it and thinks about how awesome you are. They don’t pay attention at all.”

They were making the point you should give it to other people and let them be happy

6 Likes

I see. If that’s true I definitely misunderstood his point. In that case I must say that I respectfully disagree.

I’m quoting someone from the other thread:

I bolded and underlined the important part that I stand by, for emphasis.

1 Like

I just don’t see the big deal in letting others enjoy the fun.

2 Likes

On a similar note let’s make balance of power account wide.

7 Likes

I don’t see the big deal in telling players to enjoy the skins they have.

No, it objectively doesn’t matter. Under any circumstances a slippery slope argument is 100% irrelevant bs. It is literally taught in school as the shining example of a worthless argument and one to be avoided. Guess you missed that day. Good thing about not knowing something is you can still learn!

3 Likes

It’s a flamebait thread that’s here for no other reason than to gloat.

You’d be wrong. I’d love my purple and green sparkle kitty unlocked. And I don’t give a hoot about the furbolgorilla, which looks to me like it was designed by someone who didn’t like bears and thought druids were tired of them too.

2 Likes

Hey mon, I’m aware of the fallacy present in a slippery slope argument but if you get your rocks off teaching, more power to ya.

Good to know. Shame, though.

Ion said the Infinite Corridor in Torghast will reward mostly cosmetic stuff, so let’s hope it becomes “Mage Tower 2.0” and give us completely new forms (and maybe alternate unlockable tints from the Mage Tower models).

3 Likes

Oh, ok. So you just pretend to not know something for a while but secretly the jokes on me cuz you knew it all along…mmmk /gentle pat

5 Likes

Your words, not mine. Hope you find someone to argue with on Christmas! :upside_down_face:

Promising news indeed. New forms would be welcome.

As an avid supporter of bringing back the MT skins (unless they come up with something cooler), I’ll bite.

As many others have stated, nobody cares if you have the MT skin. I see the skin and I want to use it myself. I don’t see someone else using it and say “Oh they must have been a good player.” Especially since the challenge was trivial near the end.

Not sure what your point is here tbh. Are you saying that since we have other forms we don’t need the MT skins or are you advocating for new skins instead? The latter I agree with.

Like sin said, please don’t use the slippery slope argument.

This is one of the biggest reasons against bringing back the MT skins IMO. Rebalancing everything would be a decent task, not to mention hold no benefit for people that have already done the challenge. I would suggest to create a new challenge with new skins with the possibility of acquiring the old ones instead of the new ones if you choose. I challenge Blizzard to make new druid forms cooler than the MT ones.

Try to stay civil people :laughing:

2 Likes

Right, except I care that I have it and others that didn’t earn it don’t. I’ll quote

Whether you see it or not my point still stands. It was a challenge to some.

Why not? Are you unable to counter or answer what I’ve brought up regarding that.

There are other cool forms to choose from. Yes, it sucks that you just want this specific one that happens to be unobtainable but it’s really too bad and it’s not a good enough reason to bring it back.

I very clearly do.

Agreed.

Disagreed.

Well said.

Agreed.

Laughably easily, actually. It’s categorically and unequivocally wrong. Just because they bring back one piece of code in no way shape or form necessitates bringing back another. CAN it be? Sure. Would it make some people upset if they didn’t? Sure. Do they HAVE to? No. Hence the uselessness of slippery slope arguments.

It’s common sense.

Stopped reading at slippery slope.

We can agree to disagree there.

I agree with most of the bottom half of your post. :+1:

^ I’m afraid this is, to use your own words,

The only way they should bring the mage tower druid forms back is if they

• return all mage tower appearances for all classes
  • make every limited appearance/item in wow available to obtain again

Try and see what kind of response you get from the majority of the playerbase if you propose that mage tower appearances and all limited appearances in game be returned.

Saying ‘no’ is just your opinion here. I’d be interested to see how many people are in favour of bringing just the druid forms back while keeping everything else unlocked.

The reason the ‘slippery slope’ argument is seen as wrong by you is because you’re looking at it from a purely selfish standpoint.

Regardless, all these points are of little consequence anyway as

I’m afraid the Mage Tower appearances are best kept unobtainable as they are.

1 Like

i’m also a supporter of keeping them unobtainable.

but i don’t think you have to worry - blizz isn’t adding them back :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Rather than adding exclusive forms backs, they should add a more dynamic system for animal appearance. It doesn’t have to be a recolor, just more appearances in general that isn’t tied to artifact appearance. It’s rather lame such a cool feature was mostly for an expac only.

1 Like