Kalimdor cup is genuinely a 10/10

Speaking of that, I just found out that Lord Andestrasz will let you pick which dragon you want to use during the cup races. I thought I was going to be stuck on the slow blue dragon the whole time (/s).

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1121552038845763675/1141084976851451934/image.png

6 Likes

“gnomes are the best for dragon riding because they are more aerodynamic, nerf gnomes!”

1 Like

You are a true hero.

1 Like

I just finished the Cup, couldn’t agree more.

So much fun, breathes much fresh life into these zones.

I can’t wait for Dragon Riding enabled everywhere, will love just flying around and exploring - can finally go for Loremaster!

Definitely would like to see the Cup events expand across all xpacs as well, but Dragonriding everywhere first would be ideal :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m doing my game chores before going to do the kalimdor cup, but now I’m regretting not doing it first thing.

Update to this last post, the timekeeper assistant at each race will also let you switch your dragon mount.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1121552038845763675/1141095826660274206/image.png

6 Likes

I can’t wait to try this! I love dragonriding. I want to see a BG based on dragonriding - something resource-gathering based where you fly around and gather resources, but can engage in pvp as well to get more or prevent the other faction’s acquisition. :metal:

1 Like

My experience with Kalimdor Cup so far:

I hate trees.

20 Likes

Except for Un’Goro Crater.

4 Likes

Yeah, so far, that has been the worst one. Way too many tight spaces.

Yeah, it’s super fresh to fly through some old zones. :dracthyr_comfy_sip:

1 Like

i think i love you

Thank you for this. Everything doesn’t need to be a murder your pals into the ground competition. We need to have more “PLAY” time. As in, time spent able to just goof around and play. :slight_smile:

Omg. I was already looking forward to them and then I started goofing with them and my Vanilla Vet’s heart is just purring with happiness! :dracthyr_heart: :dracthyr_heart: :dracthyr_heart: My main has never once changed all the way from 2004. Taking her back to the zones she “grew up” in (even if the Cata versions) to participate in dragon zoomies, which I completely adore, under the star in the sky from Legion, one of my top favorite expansions…

Maybe I’m the only one, but I wasn’t ready for the amazing feels. :dracthyr_heart: :two_hearts:

But but but but… The blue one can have ALL THE FINS and ALL THE SPOTS!! :smiley: It’s all about the fins and spots. :smiley:

For more serious, I was super happy they let you pick which dragon you wanted to use. :slight_smile: That was a very good attention to player desires. :slight_smile:

I saw the teal scales listed for one of the dragon types… I hope they’re going to open teal scales (and other options) to all the dragons!

Only thing I’m disappointed with is the selected mount not carrying your chosen customizations. I like my infinite highland drake! Races themselves are great though.

9 Likes

Why did they choose the two most hideous looking drakes to give rewards for?

I agree, great content. I’m glad they didn’t make them steamroll like some of the dragon isle ones.

Now that they’ve given us a taste of dragonriding in the old world, it needs to become the new norm. Give all flying mounts the treatment, would love to see flying carpets zoomin around.

1 Like

They actually added dragonriding animations to a ton of old mounts (including basically all the old/previous drake mounts) already, but haven’t allowed them for dragonriding use because, uh, reasons, and also none of our customizations for our drakes are used in the Kalimdor Cup versions because apparently also reasons. :stuck_out_tongue:

This would definitely be a perfect world event if they’d gone to the trouble of allowing us to fly everywhere on our customized drakes instead of only in very specific circles on default drakes. Or even just done one of those things instead of enabling the barest minimum allowance.

any advices to get gold on advanced ones? have been doing my best and yet i end up +10 seconds late

1 Like

Nice things it should have:

• Cheering fans.
  • Stadium type spot to being the event / buy the mog
  • Fireworks.
  • Music for the event.
  • New dragon mount for finishing all the things.
    :beverage_box: :dracthyr_comfy_sip: :sparkler:
2 Likes

Using skyward ascent when available over the dash helps out a bunch. If its level or a bit under you can always fly a bit under a ring and then look up and fly up. Then after that pull a down on your mouse. You will get a nice burst of speed for a pretty decent amount of time.