Kalimdor cup is genuinely a 10/10

This is the most fun ‘casual’ content implemented in the game to date. This should be expanded to all continents and iterated upon. Seriously, it’s phenomenal. I hope the devs see how great it is and expand its scope to the rest of the world and add rewards.

28 Likes

I like Dragon Races in general. I just wish they would have done more with competitive dragon racing.

6 Likes

what do you get for participating?

1 Like

Currency for a mog set and dragon customizations…and achievements.

3 Likes

Its dragon riding. Haven’t done it but don’t expect much. You fly through rings and get a reward. Don’t get me wrong it could be fun but it isn’t really anything new.

Maybe I just don’t have the same enthusiasm for Dragon Riding that others have.

10 Likes

You get +14 gear

1 Like

About tree fiddy.

6 Likes

The only bad thing about Kalimdor dragonriding is still not being allowed to dragonride in Kalimdor. Races 10/10. Not being allowed to dragonride freely in kalimdor for 2 weeks 0/10. my old mounts feel like they’re standing still.

14 Likes

Yeah, to borrow a phrase from the old forums…its a slap in the face to make you fly on your slow mount to get to the next dragon race.

9 Likes

Most racers won’t drive the race car to the race track.

I had a look at the mog set and other rewards. I’ll pass.

Good that those whom like dragon riding get something fun to do though.
Good luck, I hope you all do well.

1 Like

/moo :cow:

1 Like

Can’t dragonride in old zones yet? I sleep.

3 Likes

Respectfully, we have enough competitive “sweatiness,” as some would say, in the game already.

13 Likes

But the competitive races are already in the game, they just didn’t add any reason to do them. Its silly to implement a system in the game and never add any rewards.

1 Like

Agreed, I’m having a TON of fun with these. I can’t wait until they do similar events for EK, Northrend, Outlands, etc.

4 Likes

while true, this hasn’t anything to do with class baalance. Who am I kidding we’ll see posts about which dragon is the best, even though they all go the same speed.

2 Likes

Speaking of that, I just found out that Lord Andestrasz will let you pick which dragon you want to use during the cup races. I thought I was going to be stuck on the slow blue dragon the whole time (/s).

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1121552038845763675/1141084976851451934/image.png

6 Likes

“gnomes are the best for dragon riding because they are more aerodynamic, nerf gnomes!”

1 Like

You are a true hero.

1 Like

I just finished the Cup, couldn’t agree more.

So much fun, breathes much fresh life into these zones.

I can’t wait for Dragon Riding enabled everywhere, will love just flying around and exploring - can finally go for Loremaster!

Definitely would like to see the Cup events expand across all xpacs as well, but Dragonriding everywhere first would be ideal :slight_smile:

1 Like