Kaldorei Revenge:How long?

but this thread is about the kaldorei revenge, getting spotlight or well, damaging the horde in a eye for an eye.
was lordaeron their revenge? no,when the kaldorei burn a capital with all of their civilians inside while stomping everything in their path then we are talking of what they deserve.

so.. are we going to have it when, in 6 or 8 years from now?

Uh, 8.1 when you get your warfront and Night Warrior stuff. You get to raid yet another Horde capital as well so you're looking pretty good on that revenge front. Or is revenge actually code for destroy the Horde and delete Horde PCs, and you're just not being upfront with what you want?
Given that the Devs prefer writing Horde stories that feature Horde characters such as Sylvannas and Saurfang and the occasional Human, Night Elves have always been ancillary foils for more major characters since the days of the RTS.

Anyone expecting a change on this has little to base their hopes on.
2 Likes
11/13/2018 05:43 PMPosted by Okagha
but this thread is about the kaldorei revenge, getting spotlight or well, damaging the horde in a eye for an eye.
was lordaeron their revenge? no,when the kaldorei burn a capital with all of their civilians inside while stomping everything in their path then we are talking of what they deserve.

so.. are we going to have it when, in 6 or 8 years from now?

Uh, 8.1 when you get your warfront and Night Warrior stuff. You get to raid yet another Horde capital as well so you're looking pretty good on that revenge front. Or is revenge actually code for destroy the Horde and delete Horde PCs, and you're just not being upfront with what you want?

That's not revenge for the Night Elves though, the race hit the worst in this war by far. The Night Elves lost their capital, have their people killed/raised/side with the Lich Queen, get the "honor" of having a warftont that they will never win rage in a zone that was their's a few months ago, and Tyrande gets the "Night Warrior" thing while not achieving anything after getting it. The Horde accomplish everything they set out to do, Nathanos and Belmont get away, and the Horde just has to hold the territory.
1 Like
11/13/2018 05:51 PMPosted by Unholyfear
That's not revenge for the Night Elves though, the race hit the worst in this war by far. The Night Elves lost their capital, have their people killed/raised/side with the Lich Queen, get the "honor" of having a warftont that they will never win rage in a zone that was their's a few months ago, and Tyrande gets the "Night Warrior" thing while not achieving anything after getting it. The Horde accomplish everything they set out to do, Nathanos and Belmont get away, and the Horde just has to hold the territory.

The Night Warrior stuff and the Warfront has been revised to be much better for Tyrande and Malfurion. The only remaining complaint is generally the idiocy of raised Night Elves which, unfortunately, isn't going to go away, and absolutely nobody wants it on either side.
1 Like

So, your answer for bad writing is more bad writing? What the nelves need is a solid story, going back to their roots and strike back at The Horde yes, but in a meaning way not by doing the same that has being done to them.
If what Blizzard keeps telling us about the narrative being worked out in its entirety for the expansion before it ever launches - along with the cinematics and trailers - then I don't see how community reaction would affect any of it other than a shift in tone such as what's happening between the initial debut of the Night Warrior scenario and its current iteration.

The Night Warrior stuff and the Warfront has been revised to be much better for Tyrande and Malfurion. The only remaining complaint is generally the idiocy of raised Night Elves which, unfortunately, isn't going to go away, and absolutely nobody wants it on either side.

But the revisions don't make any of what Unholyfear wrote untrue.

They've altered the degree to which Tyrande and the Night Elves fail.
1 Like
11/13/2018 06:15 PMPosted by Rhuna

The Nelfs are succeeding the same way the Horde did in BfL
11/13/2018 06:24 PMPosted by Okagha
11/13/2018 06:15 PMPosted by Rhuna

Evacuating their civilians to safety and blowing up their own land to try and kill opposing faction big wigs?
1 Like

uhm, i literally just said that this thread is about kaldorei REVENGE not raiding and killing a military target as rasthakan and the zandalari from the alliance.
i am not seeing tyrande killing horde civilians for fun
i am not seeing jaina one shotting babies or freezing every men,woman or child to death as she smirks.
i am not seeing the alliance obliterating a city to exterminate the horde but rather taking out only military targets and get out.

that is not revenge. and much less from/for the kaldorei.
1 Like
11/13/2018 06:27 PMPosted by Rhuna
11/13/2018 06:24 PMPosted by Okagha

Evacuating their civilians to safety and blowing up their own land to try and kill opposing faction big wigs?

Just change blowing up the land to getting worthless power ups and you got it
That's part of the complaint. The power up is worthless.

Destroying Lordaeron was a Horde objective, one which they accomplished.

The Night Elves have accomplished nothing. Nathanos was right about that at least.
11/13/2018 06:00 PMPosted by Jellex

Speak for yourselves. I find it absolutely hilarious that the so-called guardians of nature have so much hatred inside them that they can be turned so easily on their own kind. You brought this all on yourselves when you sided with the Humans of Stormwind.
Regarding the discussion last page.

Taran Zhu yells: I see now why your Alliance and Horde cannot stop fighting.
Taran Zhu yells: Every reprisal is itself an act of aggression, and every act of aggression triggers immediate reprisal.

Will never stop being accurate, especially in regards to the fanbase.
1 Like
11/13/2018 06:29 PMPosted by Etheldald

uhm, i literally just said that this thread is about kaldorei REVENGE not raiding and killing a military target as rasthakan and the zandalari from the alliance.
i am not seeing jaina one shotting babies or freezing every men,woman or child to death as she smirks.
i am not seeing the alliance obliterating a city to exterminate the horde but rather taking out only military targets and get out.

And what does the Horde get in your revenge fantasies? Or is it just going to be dump all over the Horde for an entire expansion so Alliance players can feel good about themselves? No thanks because we've already done that in MoP
11/13/2018 06:53 PMPosted by Okagha
11/13/2018 06:29 PMPosted by Etheldald

And what does the Horde get in your revenge fantasies? Or is it just going to be dump all over the Horde for an entire expansion so Alliance players can feel good about themselves? No thanks because we've already done that in MoP

They'd get the same thing the Night Elves got out of the War of Thorns?
2 Likes
And what does the Horde get in your revenge fantasies?

I don't know, what did night elves get from the War of Thorns?
2 Likes

can you please tell me what makes you think that i am talking about what the horde wants?
i just want to talk about the kaldorei and what i think they deserve as a faction, an eye for an eye, if the horde players would want that is irrelevant to this topic (of course not)because nelfs players were treated pretty badly, they pay for this game just like anybody else and they deserve to get something in return.
11/13/2018 07:06 PMPosted by Anyaceltica
And what does the Horde get in your revenge fantasies?

I don't know, what did night elves get from the War of Thorns?

About as much as the Horde did. Ashes and disappointment.
11/13/2018 07:09 PMPosted by Solythn
About as much as the Horde did. Ashes and disappointment.

https://youtu.be/CX11yw6YL1w
11/13/2018 07:09 PMPosted by Etheldald

can you please tell me what makes you think that i am talking about what the horde wants?
i just want to talk about the kaldorei and what i think they deserve as a faction, an eye for an eye, if the horde players would want that is irrelevant to this topic (of course not)because nelfs players were treated pretty badly, they pay for this game just like anybody else and they deserve to get something in return.

To commit genocide against a Horde race in return? Is that what you mean?