Kaivax, we need a clear answer on the WoW Token

So banning gold buyers is impossible, just because you say so.

More hyperbole. I don’t care if you take me seriously or not. It’s not impossible to permanently ban someone. It happens, though not nearly frequently enough.

Re read what I said. It’s really easy. I don’t need a 4,000 word post to drive the point home.

Blizzard has access to technology to ban gold buyers. The proof is that people have received light punishments in classic for doing it, usually having the gold stripped from them.

So instead of that, they should just lock those accounts. Period. Thanks for your talk of impossibility and threatening to not take me seriously-but it seems to me the infrastructure for banning gold buyers for good exists.

If it happens, the deterrent becomes far stronger than people are willing to risk.

I’ll try to simplify for you.

1. I buy a token
  2. I sell the token on the AH
  3. A Player buys the token with gold, then uses the token to buy a month of game time.
  4. I have his gold, he plays the game for free. Nobody gets hurt.

The current system consists of bots and farmers accumulating tens of millions of gold on every server. This gold is illegally purchased by MANY more people than you think. The token is a much better option.

yet again your second sentence has absolutely nothing to do with your 1st list. RMT is absolutely a problem. what does token change? players are buying gold from blizzard AND cheaper gold selling websites instead of just the gold selling websites.

it does nothing to combat botting. nothing to combat RMT. in fact it legalizes RMT. even though its basically legal now since blizzard doesnt enforce it. its really simple, ban gold buyers and sellers. thats the solution.

I have a sneaking suspicion that, if the token is introduced, Blizzard will suddenly figure out how to combat botters in Classic. At least much better than they have.

There’s a guy on reddit (Zud - look him up) who has leaked a lot about Classic TBC. He said the recent ban wave was specifically because they are introducing the token.

Tokens will significantly harm the black market gold sellers. They want USD, not WOW bucks.

Gold buying and selling is already worthy of a ban, yet millions are bought and sold every day. You clearly have no idea how easy the process is. You sound like Nancy… rather than deal with the problem, tell them to “just say no”.

1 Like

I’ve given you strong points as to why it’s impossible, you have just chosen to ignore them.

So why don’t you explain what exactly permanently locking those accounts will do to stop the problem?

Yeah… Token will do it.

The token de-values gold hurting everyone playing the game. It makes the cost of some items out of reach for people who wish to earn gold by PLAYING THE VIDEO GAME instead of spending real world money.

1 Like

havent in retail

enforce it

ban them

This is objectively false. The money never leaves the economy. It goes from one player (who wants to play for free) to another player in the same economy. Retail has tokens and most items are dirt cheap.

No you haven’t. You just said that it’s impossible, which is flat out inconsistent with punishments handed out to various players over the years.[quote=“Ederick-ashkandi, post:35, topic:983531”]
So why don’t you explain what exactly permanently locking those accounts will do to stop the problem
[/quote]

I already have. You are the one who is choosing to ignore posts. You think you’re arguing with me. You aren’t. You are flailing about on the forums defending blizzard’s inaction regarding gold buyers.

“Most” of the items are not valuable or desired, that’s why they are cheap.
Are you forgetting the WoW token will decrease running costs of botters, because they will be able to pay for their subscriptions with the gold they farm? With a 58 boost + token, I would expect an increase in botting.

Except when I try to explain something you accuse me of writing a novel that you can’t be bothered to read.

And no, you haven’t explained how that would do anything. I’ve already pointed out that an offender can simply open another account and get back into the game, so what does it solve?

Alright. Explaining this to you like I would to a small child, then I’m done responding to you.

Blizzard bans gold buyers

Potential gold buyers don’t buy gold

Because

Blizzard bans gold buyers.

Not impossible to ban gold buyers

Because

Has happened before.

The end. Good bye. You are attempting to split hairs and present me with “GOTCHA!” and it honestly looks like an attempt to reassure yourself that you personally won’t be banned for buying gold.

2 Likes

its a shame you couldnt use smaller words, he’ll only understand half of that

1 Like

Running away because you can’t answer my question? We both know you will read my reply.

Blizzard bans gold buyer
Gold buyer makes a new account and continues to buy gold.
The end.

Impossible to ban gold buyers to an acceptable degree of accuracy

Because

Blizzard has tried it before, and banned many legitimate accounts in the process

The WoW token doesn’t remove the bots. It just shifts who’s using them. Instead of the RMT sellers botting gold to sell, it’s the lazy players botting to ‘earn a free sub’ via buying tokens.
Not to mention, in some of the countries of origin of the RMT botters, the significantly reduced price because of the token is still… well… free money that’s considerable in comparison to wages otherwise. Since they’re botting it anyway. They already have the software, so that cost is moot.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/welcome-to-the-burning-crusade-classic-discussion/880383/3

Not only this, but this is also another thread (spam).

This is a false dichotomy. They could appropriately staff their live service game with enough of the right people to support the product such that black markets aren’t ruining the game experience. It’s true you can’t catch everything but that was never the point anyhow.

They could raise the sub price to cover a slightly higher return than the wow token profit + new staff and then staff the game correctly. Call me crazy but wouldn’t that meet your imaginary criteria for a number 3 and keep the integrity of the game?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.