Kaivax, we need a clear answer on the WoW Token

“Most” of the items are not valuable or desired, that’s why they are cheap.
Are you forgetting the WoW token will decrease running costs of botters, because they will be able to pay for their subscriptions with the gold they farm? With a 58 boost + token, I would expect an increase in botting.

Except when I try to explain something you accuse me of writing a novel that you can’t be bothered to read.

And no, you haven’t explained how that would do anything. I’ve already pointed out that an offender can simply open another account and get back into the game, so what does it solve?

Alright. Explaining this to you like I would to a small child, then I’m done responding to you.

Blizzard bans gold buyers

Potential gold buyers don’t buy gold

Because

Blizzard bans gold buyers.

Not impossible to ban gold buyers

Because

Has happened before.

The end. Good bye. You are attempting to split hairs and present me with “GOTCHA!” and it honestly looks like an attempt to reassure yourself that you personally won’t be banned for buying gold.

2 Likes

its a shame you couldnt use smaller words, he’ll only understand half of that

1 Like

Running away because you can’t answer my question? We both know you will read my reply.

Blizzard bans gold buyer
Gold buyer makes a new account and continues to buy gold.
The end.

Impossible to ban gold buyers to an acceptable degree of accuracy

Because

Blizzard has tried it before, and banned many legitimate accounts in the process

The WoW token doesn’t remove the bots. It just shifts who’s using them. Instead of the RMT sellers botting gold to sell, it’s the lazy players botting to ‘earn a free sub’ via buying tokens.
Not to mention, in some of the countries of origin of the RMT botters, the significantly reduced price because of the token is still… well… free money that’s considerable in comparison to wages otherwise. Since they’re botting it anyway. They already have the software, so that cost is moot.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/welcome-to-the-burning-crusade-classic-discussion/880383/3

Not only this, but this is also another thread (spam).

This is a false dichotomy. They could appropriately staff their live service game with enough of the right people to support the product such that black markets aren’t ruining the game experience. It’s true you can’t catch everything but that was never the point anyhow.

They could raise the sub price to cover a slightly higher return than the wow token profit + new staff and then staff the game correctly. Call me crazy but wouldn’t that meet your imaginary criteria for a number 3 and keep the integrity of the game?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.