Kaivax, we need a clear answer on the WoW Token

Are we getting a TBC Classic WoW Token or not? A yes or no answer would be much appreciated. This was not introduced in TBC and we should not get it, however I have less and less faith each day that TBC Classic will stay true to the original expansion. Please give us a concrete answer. We deserve this. Thanks.

9 Likes

And vulpera death knights. Thanks.

the funny part is he probably wont answer either way, and if it was getting introduced, he wouldnt be the one to announce it. so the thread is kind of a lose lose.

1 Like

People like you just don’t seem to understand. We have two options here.

1. Black markets operating in the background. Which are very successful by the way.
  2. OR wow tokens.

Which do you think is better for the game? I’ll give you a hint. It’s not number one.

Trying to pretend there is a third option is ridiculous because blizzard stands to make too much money by doing anything else.

5 Likes

we’ll probably get it. people begging companies to let them spend money on stupid sht always win

8 Likes

Asking for a company to communicate their plans is never a lose lose. Unless they planned on betraying their consumers in the first place. Should be easy to come out and commit to no tokens for TBC.

They made a commitment to no boosts for Classic. Could just as easily do that here for the token.

yeah but its a lose lose since we know they wont communicate either way

1 Like

There’s no way Kaivax will answer this, but yes, we are getting WoW tokens.

If we don’t get a response then I’m assuming the answer is that they are betraying us as well.

They basically make every single player into a potential gold seller. This drastically lowers the value of gold since everyone has a way to easily streamline the conversion to something worth real money (such as the game time added by the WoW token).

This massive increase in the amount of competition means that more gold is needed to meet the value you would receive by just selling WoW tokens. Thus driving the value of third party website gold into the gutter.

There will still be bots and there will still be gold selling, but it will not be anywhere as lucrative or logical to run as they are without the WoW token.

1 Like

Naw, man.

The WoW token is awesome.

Kaivax does not know and will not know until someone higher up the food chain tells him. He is not part of the game strategy or planning teams, he is a community manager he posts what he is told to post and when to post it.

And why do think there is even an answer to be had? Blizzard is not going to say no, because they do not want to paint themselves into such a corner in case they later change their mind, and they are not going to tell you yes until they have made a decision and only when they feel it is appropriate.

Just as a reminder, the players do not run this game, Blizzard does.

3 Likes

Additionally with the WoW token, the game can essentially become F2P after the initial buy-in. Which kinda brings forth the idea…if you are not farming your game time, are you paying to win by paying a subscription lolz…

And Kultiran druids.

OP, assuming this isn’t a Sunday thread, if Blizzard was going to intro WoW tokens for BC classic, they would have done it already. I think if Diablo Immortal isn’t a huge hit, then Blizzard will be under pressure to monetize all its ip even more and that’s when they might include the WoW token in the classic series.

1 Like

How does them committing to Tokens or no Tokens serve them? There is zero benefit to them committing and zero downside to saying nothing. Why on Earth would they talk lol

We are getting TBC Tokens and I’m glad that we are. I am starting TBC fresh and have no gold for anything.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter if they answer or not because their word is worth less than dirt. They could say “we’ll never do that” today and it wouldn’t stop them from doing it tomorrow. That said; I’d rather have had tokens than the boost they did go with. Of all the things they could have sold… they went for boosts; probably the worst thing beyond downright selling boss drops.

1 Like

Pretty much every mmorpg on the market with a subscription has its own token that can be sold for in game currency. Makes no difference to me if WoW wants to have one in tbc, honestly I welcome it.

One of my friends back during the original launch of the game lost his account because he thought buying gold was safe. Which led to him quitting the game. If he would of had the option to buy a token back then he never would of lost his stuff.

If they think WoW tokens will be a selling point for TBC then why wouldn’t they announce it? From their point of view, what would the suspense of will they or won’t they accomplish?

But if they think it’s that big a negative, then they definitely shouldn’t intro it at launch. If they do intend to put it in the game, then do it like WoD and implement it later in the xpac.

Add also the Auction Deposit changes as well , not getting a full return deposit on Auctions sold.