Kael voice

Its wrong.

This is Classic, add the original voice.

17 Likes

they changed it because the original VA was accused of sexual harassment or something but he was innocent. but blizz dont care

9 Likes

Yes, but it is CLASSIC.

People have been requesting the original VA since beta.

3 Likes

encounter starts
alt tab youtube and play the OG Kael speech
sometimes you gotta do wha you gotta do

1 Like

Change it yourself, it isn’t against TOS to change sound files

Edit: In BFA they made it against TOS to change sound files. Sad

3 Likes

He got #metoo’d, and guilty or not, doesn’t matter. This is 2021. And Blizzard management is dealing with their own #metoo problems atm, so doubly unlikely that they’d even acknowledge this issue.

2 Likes

If anyone’s able to make an addon for this be sure to share it around.

Why did they change it in Classic? This is a retail change, so idk why they pushed it to Classic when we still got the terribad Vanilla Lich King voice in Naxxramas.

also didnt the case get thrown out as the person who accused him of this was a serial stalker who has harassed and threatened his family? Dude had to get a restraining order on her.

1 Like

Oh yes, and get a nice ban to boot. Nothing and they mean NOTHING is allowed to manipulate blizzard game files including audio.

(Shakes head) My God, just how stupid are people these days?

Lol at least make a Paladin forum alt to fit your crusade. There were plenty of addons that manipulate sound, such as changing the gun to the old noise, dbm, etc.

Care to rethink that?

Why are you just assuming I want people to break ToS…??

Ego much??

I would assume that a clever addon creator would just use something to “mute” the dialog sound during the encounter and play the originals through an addon layered over top, similar to how DBM can tell you to run away etc.

curseforge oldgunsounds

Been up for two years, thousands of downloads. Again, dbm has customs sounds it uses, and almost every raider has that addon and wasn’t that even the one Blizzard donated a pc and some money to?

Kael addon would be fine, I personally don’t care so I won’t use it, but it isn’t tos.

And it does not replace or modify a single blizzard file.

You really should learn about something before you talk about it.

I can make an addon that plays it’s own sounds all I want. Heck I can even make an addon that plays default games sounds. What I cannot do is change game sounds by altering the sound files or replacing them.

This guy here with the real world solutions.

It’s kind of funny that Blizzard punished someone for being accused - and later acquitted - of sexual harassment, but they are guilty of sexual harassment and are trying to avoid the repercussions of it.

4 Likes

Corporate executives are paragons of moral courage and integrity, natch.

So this guy was accused but was innocent and Blizzard keeps the changes even though he did nothing wrong… Yet… Blizzard employees are actually guilty of wrong doing and all they see fit to do is make pointless changes to the game that just screw with us.

This makes no sense to me.

1 Like

Good lord people, it is just a voice in a 15 year old game. Give it up already. This game has bigger issues than what stupid voice actor is spouting off stuff most players ignore anyways.

Find some other soapbox to stand on.

Talk about mountains out of mole hills. Some of you just like to complain for the sake of complaining.

Actually from info I’ve seen I believe the VA doesn’t want his voice back in the game because he was bitter about Blizzard removing it.

So this isn’t just blizzard, the actual owner of the voice doesn’t seem to want it back in either, so let’s just respect his wishes.

1 Like