Just when you thought the lore couldn't get worse (Sepulcher spoilers?)

i totally agree with you , sadly the forums have only yes man as mvps or council members basically noone that represents the real issues we all have being talking about and blizzard decides to ignore , the poor choices flow like a river and it unites all the hamsters in its current.

3 Likes

I’d be interested to know in what way he (or anybody) found it brilliant. If anything, it was the only season that wasn’t brilliant.

IDK about that. Dorne and Arya in Braavos seasons were pretttttty bad, with some cringey dialogue to boot.

Dany torched a city of innocent people after 7 seasons of defending them, AFTER she won the war.

2 Likes

A lot of it was just ripped off Tolkien. That kinda makes sense as a lot of the latest wow stuff is ripping off Marvel.

I’m not saying Season 8 wasn’t bad, probably the worst. Just that there were other seasons that were also far from “brilliant”. Even Season 7 right before it was … ugh.

Those seasons might not have been brilliant beginning to end, but they at least had some amazing episodes, like Hardhome or Cersei getting her revenge in season 6. Every single episode in 8 made me swear at my TV lol

You forgot Budd and Topper McNabb!

Behind the goofiness lies the sinister true selves :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ll be a big advocate for things like the music in some of those scenes (e.g. Cersei and the Sept), or the costuming, or the acting by certain actors. But as story arcs? Even some of those were pretty damn bad when you think about it even a little.

Nowhere as bad as Season 8, where all the set-up from the prior seasons was just thrown out the window and things like incurable Grey Scale, which hardens organs, was somehow cured by an untrained maester that read a single book other, fully trained maesters had read and did some skin grafts. And the guy that did those skin grafts was the clumsiest, most nervous character on the show who would get Grey Scale with the slightest error.

You know, I’d believe Budd was a Dreadlord in a heartbeat. Look at what that guy has been through… and survived! He’s taken more punishment than a mere mortal should be able to!

And? It’s not like the bar for being brilliant like “better than Season 8”. There’s no reason to make them sound better.

PS: The greyscale plotline was in Season 7.

Weren’t 7 and 8 the final season in two parts?

And I have an opinion. I don’t need it to sound better, and I don’t need it to coincide with yours either.

I wonder what Chris Metzen thinks of all this. To create this entire lore and fantasy and now to watch it tossed utterly in the trash. That’s gotta bug him on some level.

2 Likes

I didn’t say you did?

How you want to count it is up to you I guess, but you were counting Season 7 and Season 8 as being 2 separate things just a few posts up ^. Which makes more sense than lumping them together; movies or seasons that are split into 2 acts aren’t really " the same", especially when they’re released a year or so apart and end up having different influences and attitudes.

Anyway, to reel it back to the topic a bit more, I wouldn’t put TOO much stock on what anyone (even Danuser) says on the bird app. People like to meme, or support friends on there.

Further proof community council is a joke and full of copium.

3 Likes

A whole lot of whiskey helps.

3 Likes

It was definitely implied by stating I needed to make other seasons sound better. I thought they were better and gave examples.

What was implied (well, more than implied) is that calling then “brilliant” just because they’re not season 8 is an attempt to make them sound better. No one’s disputing that they’re better than Season 8. But especially from a story PoV, they have hugely lacking areas, and you even went on a rant about a Season 7 plotline, so :man_shrugging:

I’d imagine anyone leaving their creative work behind has to come to terms with the idea it’s going to be ruined or not go as they envisioned. For that matter, holding onto control isn’t even necessarily the best way. J.K. Rowling and George Lucas stand as shining examples of that.

Or you could actually pay attention instead of reading some knee-jerk angry forum post and then getting angry at nothing.

Long story short: No, those NPCs were not Dreadlords when we encountered them. Mal’ganis and Kin’tessa are just mimicking appearances in that moment.