Just verifying GDKPs aren't against Cataclysm Terms of Service

Everyone already knows

Youā€™re projecting

I mean I know but I didnā€™t expect you do be so upfront about it, good for you for finally putting it out there.

1 Like

Do you two gnomes ever go outside or is it just sadness and forum trolling all day?

No, itā€™s scary outside.

It has been great watching you take L after L today tho.

Canā€™t wait to wake up and do it again tomorrow.

Obviously while inside.

Iā€™m outside all the time, just yesterday I was flying around in Stormwind then flew out to Blackrock Mountain to take down Nefarian again. Pesky lizard just decided not to die I guess.

watching the raids of the archaeology trolls who ā€œdonā€™t need epics to prog nerfed raidsā€ getting pummeled into the ground by halfus heroic is more dopamine than i can take

what a great start to cata

people talking about shard of woe outperforming tyrandeā€™s doll and then not being able to clear normal modes is top tier stuff

Tbh I wish pro gdkp folk would just behonest and say they are cool with botting and rmt.

2 Likes

Expecting people with low impulse control to be honest is a lot to ask :skull:

Same for people who use the AH.

Lol L take keep up your gold buying

Lol this is so wrong itā€™s not even funny everyone knows you gdkp boobs all buy gold cause you are too bad at the game to actually farm

You make gold by spending hours upon hours farming in the open world, I make mine by flipping what you put up and relisting it at a higher price because you listed it at half the market value.

I donā€™t GDKP, I donā€™t buy gold token or otherwise.

And to answer your statement, I buy everything I need because Iā€™ve made enough gold through flipping in TBC and WotLK that I donā€™t have a need to. Needless to say though, whenever I come across a mining node Iā€™ll mine it, if I kill a beast Iā€™ll skin it provided that itā€™s on the character that can. Itā€™s not hard to make gold in Cataclysm, Tol Barad alone nets you ~600g per character.

I went into Cataclysm with 216k gold and went down to 53k after getting 4 professions to 525, buying the caster DMF trinket for 60k, buying herbs for my potions and flasks and finally gems.

I had 53k gold 3 days ago, I now have 107k... I have no need to farm, I know how to make gold and it's not hard to do.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/643477883859238924/1247196280065622037/image.png?ex=665f258c&is=665dd40c&hm=f1a76986a867deef6947cd2e64433cf939f32cd60f0345db84ecefc06c5f76b4&

Still in the red but Iā€™ll get out of it eventually, Iā€™d say most likely during this raid tier.

Even my gdkp killed heroic halfus and magmaw kekw.

We did have bad strats tho.

I did like 2m damage to the parasites on Magmaw and the strat now seems to be to kite them.

Market value isnā€™t some absolute objective number, not in the real world and not in the game. I put up items significantly less than ā€œmarket valueā€ because I donā€™t enjoy the AH mini-game and want it done quickly. People like you take that mini-game and make it a business using your skill but mainly your interest in that game to manipulate the market value. That hurts all the other people who just play to have fun. Itā€™s ethically wrong when done in the real world. Itā€™s one way the rich have consolidated their power at the expense of the poor and middle class, in America but especially in third world nations. Itā€™s ethically suspect in a game. But itā€™s just a game and too trivial to really care about. /shrug

Brother youā€™re really having a cry about the ethics of using the AH to make gold, the Auction house? market value isnā€™t some crazy hard thing to understand in the game right now 99% of things itā€™s literally the price itā€™s listed forā€¦

Making it a ā€œbusinessā€ for me involves whenever Iā€™m playing to log in every now and then when I have spare time to relist and check a handful of shopping lists. 2-3 minutes just whenever you have time can literally make you 100,000k gold in a week over launch if youā€™re playing around peak raid times every night. itā€™s not some massive lock in and grind attitude itā€™s literally as simple as do you think more people buy consumes at raid times? huh crazy.

Also the absolute idiocy of even making the illusion to exploitation of the third world when talking about the subject is insaneā€¦ Why bring it up if you even have to backpedal that hard that you basically admit your whole complaining is nothing but moral crybullyingā€¦

Jesus manā€¦

Market value is just the average price of X item across 2 weeks

Putting up items for significantly less than the market value is pointless tbh, you might as well vendor the item. It doesnā€™t take long to just post it at the same price as other people even if you donā€™t have a profile on TSM or whatever, just undercutting by 1 copper is enough.

Unless you donā€™t have an auction house addon and if thatā€™s true then you really need to get one.

All I do is buy low and sell high, or at least higher than what Iā€™ve bought it for. I use TSM and if I see something with a blue percentage (below 50% iirc) Iā€™ll likely buy it provided that itā€™s not too cheap and it actually sells.

Me doing this doesnā€™t take long, Iā€™d say Iā€™d do it once or twice a week each time taking roughly 20 minutes. Disenchant search that TSM has is also very good for flipping as itā€™s a simple click, buy, DE, sell; or you can just save the materials and use them for yourself because you effectively bought them cheaper than whatā€™s on the market.

I am playing to have fun, when thereā€™s nothing else to do other than leveling (like now for example) Iā€™m on the AH buying and selling items. Gold is easy to come by in Cataclysm and the fact that something is a little more expensive isnā€™t going to break anyones wallet.

If someone decides to put something up at 999% of market value, letā€™s say something that costs 10g, so now itā€™s 100g. People know that the asking price is bad, people wonā€™t buy it unless they either A). Really want the item and canā€™t wait at all so they actually do buy it, B). Wonā€™t bother with an item thatā€™s so clearly overpriced, or C). They decide to farm it.

Good thing this isnā€™t the real world then.

No, itā€™s completly fine, no ones life gets ruined if they donā€™t have enough gold for X item.

Iā€™m sorry but why even bring it up at all then?

Some do. Many do not. Very few people have the means to spend 20+ dollars on a single item. Most accrue funds over the course of several lockouts to be able to start bidding higher. I donā€™t do GDKPs but I think itā€™s really silly to be mad at people who do if you arenā€™t involved with them. They literally do not affect you if you donā€™t take part in them. If you think getting rid of GDKPs gets rid of RMT and botting,then you are even sillier.

I havenā€™t really looked at economic data for some years but Iā€™d guess most people could spend $20 to $50 to buy something in game. Iā€™m retired on a fixed income and I dropped $40 on tokens without worry just to save me a bit of farming.

Two tokens is 12,000 gold. Youā€™d be lucky to get an item with that gold. Is one single item that will last one phase worth that to you in your retirement? Now switch that thought into the perspective of someone who isnā€™t retired with a fixed income, which is, I would assume, most of us.

1 Like