Just verifying GDKPs aren't against Cataclysm Terms of Service

Verifying that Season of Discovery is the only version of Warcraft in which GDKPs are against the Terms of Service.

5 Likes

Yes that is correct. I quit sod because if that decision and i will quit cata if they do it here. The ppl that dont like gdkp have a choice. They need to quit whining about hiw other players choose to use foe the loot system.

15 Likes

It should be. GDKPs = RMT and are a destructive element to the whole point of “Classic”.

36 Likes

My realm Windseeker had practically no GDKP raids for its entire life, proving that there was no need to make Blizzard ban them. We, of our own free will, simply didn’t do it. I don’t know why this obvious choice eludes the people complaining about GDKP. When we were forced to merge over to Mankrik, a pro GDKP realm, we still didn’t do it. Mankrik actually had raids with and without GDKP, so we simply threw in our lot with the non GDKP side. If there was no normal raids, we still would have been making our own, just as before.

Bottom line is that GDKP really isn’t a problem. I’ve been saying it for years… simply don’t go to those raids. But someone else will have to carry the torch (axe) now, as I’m expiring in a few days and not renewing.

Edit: The people awkwardly welcoming me back need to read the underlined text above. Furthermore, any concerns about whether I play or not would be better put in my own thread about it, not in other unrelated threads.

It’s not ruining squat. Clowns are the people pretending it does and trying to tell others how they can play. If you don’t want GDKP, then simply don’t go to the raids. That should be simple enough that even you clowns can understand it.

What’s pathetic is the amount of people that can’t read simple updates, even when I point them out or underline them.

You don’t seem to know the difference between fact and opinion, but fine, believe whatever you like. It doesn’t change reality.

6 Likes

RMT was worse on SoD when they banned GDKPs, more people were buying gold because of it

5 Likes

For real. Being on Mankrik since TBC, I have not set foot in a GDKP. I know players that do it all the time, but very few of them join other raid teams after getting the gear. They tend to stick to the GDKP circuit because it fits them… play when you want, buy what you want, quit when you want.

3 Likes

It’s not really because of the GDKP ban though, I’d say that was more to do with the next two phases having professions being a lot harder to get materials for and the crafted items having limited raid drops leading most to spend everything going for the crafted epics.

People are spending 100x the gold on professions and crafted items compared to buying Itmes in BFD for 30g when quests gave 2.5g at the time.

1 Like

As opposed to the wow token, which is Literally legal RMT in the game GDKP can be paid for with gold earned in game.

1 Like

Yes it can. I ran gdkps in wotlk and i Never bought gold or bought a token. I played the game. That is how i made gold to spend in gdkps. I never left a gdkp with more gold than i started so i didnt make gold from gdkps. If anything i spent what i made from the same gdkp so i technically got it free which is EXACTLY what non gdkp is. But mostly i lost money. Money that i made from playing the game. Not like the raid logging non gdkp player that whines about gdkp because they want to log and not have to play the game except the once or twice a week and get a lucky roll or better yet, have the raid leader just give them gear because " its a bigger upgrade for them." Play the game, earn gold, then you can reap your rewards u earned by spending it in gdkp.

Welcome back!!

GDKP’s are against TOS deal with it quit buying gold with your parents money

5 Likes

So glad to see you back, Drain! :heart:

1 Like

Who are you talking to? I’m addressing someone else… I’ve made no statement about GDKP

It really is. It’s the main driver in classic for RMT. People who say otherwise are being willfully ignorant. Anyone who is honest about the topic and sees what happened to the game because of GDKPs knows otherwise. It offers a shortcut for BiS which people are taking and others are siphoning off the RMTers because they don’t want to farm gold. Then the bots move in to supply the demand for gold and ruin the economy for everyone but those buying gold and taking part in GDKPs.

It’s not in the spirit of classic. It’s cringe degenerate behavior and it should be banned.

Weird how the mention of GDKPs summoned you back from “leaving”.

Here comes Holyseizure with a hot take while being in one of Whitemane’s top RMT guilds.

6 Likes

GDKPS do increase peoples desire for gold. But getting rid of GDKPS will simply make something else the “main driver” Time to ban that as well!

The game has become much more fun, and opened the door for people to play alts rather than a single character. THat’s a great thing.

Simply an opinion.

Here comes Williamferal with a peabrained take about rmt. Pretends to know things but just make things up on the fly to try and prove his garbage points. Just quit the game, I imagine anyone playing with you would realize that your presence makes the game worse.

1 Like

Laws don’t work, may as well not have any! :clown_face:

I knew the second I saw you typing I’d lose brain cells.

3 Likes

Impossible to lose what you don’t have.

1 Like

It’s really weird how the handful of you are always here to defend RMT in game.

6 Likes

I never defended RMT. I just enjoy gdkps. Which are two very different things, unless you are being dishonest.

A dkp loot system that you can take to any raid that you want and be able to use what you have earned for loot. DKP that follows you no matter what character you are on, you can earn more of it the more raids you can attend.

We don’t defend rmt we defend gdkps

Those 2 aren’t the same thing.

5 Likes