Just verifying GDKPs aren't against Cataclysm Terms of Service

They are not. If GDKPs were, then they would be banned in every game format. GDKP’s are the most fair loot system next too Master loot. The Devs can’t ban GDKP in Cata especially when it’s a core established part of the game and there are WoW tokens. (The Devs already said this in an interview FYI)

SOD wanted to experiment with no GDKPs since there is no WoW token and it’s a seasonal realm. Sadly they lost a lot of players so that choice seemed like a bad one.

2 Likes

GDKPs wouldnt bring carries if gold buyers didn’t buy gold. GDKPs are RMT no matter how badly you try and lie about it.

3 Likes

you shouldn’t be able to buy BOP items… but whatever I’m not playing cata so

1 Like

GDKPs have changed since the days of buyers and carries.

Everyone is now expected to bid on upgrades.

Everyone is now expected to perform well.

It is a fact that GDKPs will remain successful in the absence of RMT. But we will never know, because imbeciles want to make posts to ban things people spend gold on, instead of making posts targeting gold buyers/sellers and bots themselves.

This isnt how my gdkps are, youre used to foreign trade chat gdkps.

Try joining the discord communities, they bring good players who have gold. If you dont perform you dont get a cut, if youre wiping the raid and being carried you get replaced.

Youre being stubborn and disingenuous about your argument.

These new heroics arent easy, they will have the lowest clear rates of all classic raids out this far and you think gdkps are just bringing people who buy gold and afk at the entrance lmfao.

Wake up.

4 Likes

GDKP’s ruined the game. Forced gold inflation from the very start. The culture was and still is swipe to win. Regardless of how you play the game.

4 Likes

Nope turns out it was a lie that GDKP’s were driving botting and RMT so banning GDKP’s never made it past SoD.

1 Like

You all say this but cant ever say what exactly was “inflated”.

Eventually youre going to realize supply/demand dictate prices.

1 Like

Botters increased production to match with people buying gold? Inflating gold because robot hours went into it instead of people? Botters couldn’t even keep up in TBC. Every GDKP i saw was accepting paypal lmao. which is probably why you guys defend it. Cause you still are :joy:

3 Likes

Yeah you dont have a grasp on how it works.

Bots increase supply.

Players who use consumes are the demand.

Supply is higher than demand.

Since Supply is higher than demand prices stay low.

Which is exactly why it was cheaper to raid in WOTLK Classic than it was on SOD, even tho wotlk classic has had 6+ years of gdkps.

You could go get a 20k+ gold payout from phase 1 all the way to phase 5 and then buy 120g worth of consumes to raid all week.

Gdkps dont inflate anything.

1 Like

Regardless of anything you said, i didnt read a single word. GDKP is a method in which players exchange money for items in game. Its just so convoluted you get to benefit from it which is why you’re here on the forums saying keep my GDKPs

5 Likes

Ofc you didnt read it, its actually what happens and reading it would ruin the little grasp you have on how things actually work.

If anything you should be arguing that bots ruin the economy because it makes it so players who farm the materials for those consumes are paid less because bots over supply.

But you arent that smart.

1 Like

Didn’t read this one either

2 Likes

Thats fine, its there if you want to educate yourself later.

Maybe read it while you color at your desk.

1 Like

I’ll wait for him to explain why prices are already dropping after Cata launch despite “muh inflation”.

“Player emergent behavior” as my credit card emerges from my wallet

Yup, everything is down.

Truegold was like 4k on launch, its now 800g.

Hardened Elementium bars were around 400g, they are now 120g.

They have 0 idea what they are talking about.

Cata will be cheaper to raid in than SOD phase 4.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

It’s like people forgot the main reason for GDKP being banned in SoD, it wasn’t RMT. RMT was a secondary edit to the blue post announcing it.

“Erosion of traditional raiding structures”
If anything the only way it helped against RMT was removing the multitude of gold transactions in dungeons so there wasn’t as much to wade through to find the actual RMT players.

RMT is going to happen GDKP or not, just like people still rob banks and buying drugs. This just makes the actual RMT crowd more visible in SoD (hopefully).

Also, even though I dislike GDKP, it’s not and was not a cause for inflation nor is the token. Supply and demand.

1 Like

Nothin like a GDKP full of competent players.

Gambling, actually downing the bosses on heroic, the thrill of watching a bid-war on that fat melee trinket, being a low loot-comp class and getting your gear for minimum bid, and of course the big payout at the end.

Imagine getting blue-balled in a frustrating ms>os pug and not even getting anything out of it after 4 hours. Couldn’t be me.

“Time’s change.”

Classic felt like the wow of old for basically the first two weeks of molten core. This whole “GDKP is bad because muh game purity” is frankly a little baby soy-boy opinion. Like dude, the world has changed since 2005. You aren’t 12 anymore and WoW is not magical anymore. And the reason WoW does not feel magical anymore is not because of GDKP, it’s because you’re 30.

6 Likes

Right back at you I guess. Times changed. Calling people names online won’t get you the thing you want.