Just logged in for 35 min. . . then logged out in disgust

You’re off on both points. You implied just doing a +10 each week guarantees 415 and 400.

It’s actually 410 and a 40 to 60% chance at a 400.

So you going to fix your post or

Haha I love the forums. Reminds me I’m doing perfectly well in life when i see posts like this.

1 Like

I mean, the reason why people remember certain vanilla items was because gearing was awful and only specific items were decent. Dungeons and PVP rewarded jack squat in comparison to the raids, which made the items more memorable.

Nowadays, you can get endgame gear from all three routes, and all the pieces are within like 10% of each other damage-wise.

1 Like

You CAN get endgame gear from all three routes, and about 99% of the pieces are completely worthless, side grades/ repeat items/ non-upgrades.

Item’s haven’t been “iconic” in a long time. People have always chased after whatever either produced the most stats they desired, or was the highest level, or was a legendary.

It’s an MMO, the game will always chug on, no “Noteworthy” item will stay noteworthy, it will eventually be over shadowed. Maybe an item will look nice enough to be a good transmog item, but no items are as noteworthy as you seem to think they are.

It’s all replaceable unless your brick wall stopped from progressing.

I think it’s partly because we cycle through gear so much faster now that we don’t get to stop and enjoy our progress for very long (if at all).

At least that’s part of what killed my desire to do the whole “gear progression”.

1 Like

Well it doesn’t help that people blast through content in literally days in some cases, and then complain there’s nothing to do.

But it’s been like this for a long time. I think the last time I actually hit a gear wall was wrath, and that was only a short one while I grinded badges.

Why did you even reply? You must be trolling to be so utterly useless.

M+, PvP, and raid gear are all good in both PvE and PvP.

You mean… you logged on to an alt for half an hour did some solo world quests and didn’t get 4 upgrades? You expect to get an upgrade at an average of 7-8 minutes at roughly heroic/ normal raid level…?

From doing solo content? That respawns daily?

You are right. There are people that quit the game over stuff like this. Please join them. They don’t belong here. Any attempt to cater to players that frankly are this dumb just ruins the game. Please stop.

2 Likes

I’ve not gotten an upgrade in what seems like 6 months. Great game.

1 Like

No it wasn’t.

Players used to be able to save up conquest (arena) points and buy gear slowly over the course of the season. Early on you could save up honor/arena points and buy a bunch of gear all at once at the start of the next season. Eventually Blizzard gated this system to a weekly cap.

Regardless, you could PROGRESS by earning points and buying gear over time.

What sounds better?

Option 1: Earning points over time to spend at a vendor to get a specific piece you need.

Option 2: Opening a weekly chest and getting the same 390 ilevel gloves you’ve received 3 times?

The RNG system is TERRIBLE. It is terrible because it WASTES YOUR TIME. Bad RNG can make an ENTIRE WEEK’s worth of effort meaningless. That feels terrible.

I’d rather save up points for a whole week to get 1 piece of gear I need than this system of getting gear easily. . . but that RNG gear can be gloves you don’t need over and over and over and over and over.

IT ISN’T ABOUT EASY GEAR. . . IT IS ABOUT THE EFFORT BEING MEANINGLESS

RNG sucks. Blizzard refuses to accept this.

2 Likes

Yeah, no, I have no interest in discussing pvp.

so you’re complaining that in 35 minutes you had 4 legit chances at upgrading gear? sure it sucks it didnt work out but i mean, this expansion throws gear at you. there are so many things to be disappointed with in this expansion, and the speed of loot is not one of them.

1 Like

I feel the exact same way about raiding/m+. Stopped raiding in lich king, didn’t really like m+ as they felt like stupid speed runs instead of the fun dungeon crawling of classic/BC. Having to log on at set times to beat your head on a wall, I’d literally rather stare at a blank wall for 2 hours.

They know RNG sucks, but like every little aspect of the game nowadays, its designed to nickel and dime you out of your time.

Every extra yard you have to travel to get somewhere you go repeatedly multiplied by how many times players go there adds up very quickly. Makes investors gain hadrons.

Well that is YOUR preference. . . but the reality is that the gearing system used to exist and it was far superior to forcing RNG garbage on us.

You see, RNG works for Raids. 25 people working to kill a boss makes it so that everyone understands they might not get gear. However, SOMEONE will get gear and this will help the raid group overall. This is obvious to raiding guilds.

When you do SOLO content. . . this benefit doesn’t exist. This is why having RNG rewards for solo content (or PVP content) doesn’t make sense. This is why we run into a system where it is possible to earn 500 points for the week and get your weekly reward. . . only for it to be the same 400 ilevel gloves you’ve received before.

Justify why there is a system where an entire week’s worth of effort can be utterly wasted? Why is there even a weekly cache system at all? Why do we have loot boxes in WoW?

It isn’t fun and nothing you can say can change that opinion for the people that hate the RNG system.

Why do you even oppose our arguments? If you like RNG, raid. Raids will always be RNG.

You don’t seem to understand.

I, don’t, care, about PvP.

I

Don’t

care

about

PvP

I literally never commented on PvP. What the hell are you talking about.

IT. ISN’T. ABOUT. THE. AMOUNT. OF. GEAR.

IT. IS. THE. RNG. SYSTEM. MAKING. IT. POSSIBLE. TO. WASTE. YOUR. TIME.

I could easily have said that the last SEVEN WEEKS of weekly pvp chests have given me gear that I already have or have better than.

SHOULD WE BE WASTING SEVEN WEEKS OF EFFORT?

R E A D I N G
C O M P R E H E N S I O N

1 Like

That’s ironic.