Just Let Everyone Get The Mage Tower Appearances

I sure hope you’ve never farmed any old Mythic raid transmogs or mounts… Literally the same thing.

M … The status that this ring gives is more or less the same?

The burden of proof isn’t on me, it’s removal was already done and proved it. The few articles left from many years ago is fine, too. If you can’t accept that, again, that’s a you problem, not me. I was around for Legion and did the things I wanted, got the things I wanted.

Yes, the Mage Tower was a feature in the Legion expansion that ended I believe in 2018? It was a solo challenge. If you went into the tower and defeated the boss you earned an Achievement called A Challenging Look. They said (as you can see the other poster helpfully provided a link) that it would be permanently removed so you had to make sure you got it done in time before the prepatch of the next expansion launched (BFA). So the reward (unique appearances tailored to your spec) is from a time-locked achievement.

It seems they will be bringing back a version of the Mage Tower again so people who didn’t get to experience it the first time can. But it seems achievement and associated reward with the original tower is not returning.

No, not even in the slightest. Your logic is that because someone won the World Series in 2017 that no one can win it in 2021.

Now it’s about status? I don’t know about you, but I don’t consider winning the Mage Tower super prestigious. Don’t conflate reward with prestige.

You literally can’t win the 2017 WS in 2021. Sorry. Just like how you can’t get AOTC for BFA now. Let’s make a thread crying about that too, shall we? MUH SHADOW DRAKE!!!

Literally not, we’re talking about “rewards” from time-locked achievements and “drops” from raids. Literally not the same thing.

In all kinds of sports competitions, the status of “Winner” is important, not the award, right? The shape of the cup doesn’t really matter.

I have decided that since I didn’t get the War Wolf from MOP AOTC I will cry to Blizzard and they will give it to me when I solo SOO next time. I think we are all winners here.

You said Blizzard promised, so it would, indeed, on you.

It proved it was removed, which no one is saying it wasn’t. We’re asking for when they said it was never returning not when they said it was being removed. I’ll even accept a post from Blizzard saying permanently removed.

Articles not from Blizzard are not proof of Blizzard saying something, just because you read it on the internet doesn’t mean it was true, sorry.

You saying Blizzard said x, without providing proof of x, is indeed a you problem not a me one. Your argument is Blizzard said x, prove it.

So was I, and so did I. Now I want others to have that chance.

What? I do not understand.

So you got the Mage Tower back. Cool. Stop complaining. It’s not about the shape of the cup afterall.

I provided a link in my previous post. It was a from a website that tracks every single Blizzard post on the forums.

The CM at the time, Yith, said they would be unobtainable after prepatch. I think it’s better to request recolors.

Honestly just put them on the BMAH like the tier 3 and other unobtainables.

No, in the Tower of Mages, the conversation is precisely about the shape of the cup. There is no other cup like this to be obtained anywhere.

But you can complete the mage tower apparently in 2021 or whenever Legion timewalking is out, so I still fail to see your point.

This isn’t a thread about asking for achievements back.

“Crying”. I’m not against people getting the shadow drake either, and I have that too. I never even see anyone use it anymore lol

Jesus man… as if doing something had anymore meaning simply because there’s a silly achievement banner for it. Your “time-locked” achievement is not more meaningful than someone’s Mythic raid set or Mythic mount. You only see it that way because of a silly achievement banner.

In this particular situation, it is very much the shape of the cup (or bear) that matters. The reward for druids were very distinctive cat and bear forms that don’t really have a counterpart in game today.

So you just want the appearances and don’t give a single f about the Mage Tower.

We already knew that.