Just Let Everyone Get The Mage Tower Appearances

Are you assuming I don’t have an issue with this? Because I do. This forum is about the mage tower appearances though.

Did you write it? Maybe they assumed it would be gone forever, you have no idea.

No news article has been wrong about anything ever. Gotcha.

Fixed it for you.

Its funny. I know it will never be linked to me directly from Blizzard, because I know they never said it (I was watching when BfA was announced and they never used the terms "gone forever, never coming back, or we promise), but even if they did say these things it wouldn’t change my views on it. I’d say it was wrong for them to do such a thing.

Ion texted me and said, “Xanny is right. We retired the Mage Tower artifact appearances only for BFA. We had every intention of bringing them back for 9.1.5 from the get go. Oh, does Xanny need the MOP CM dungeon sets? I bet he’d like those too. Oh, and just for him I’m reactivating Legion Legendaries to synergize with BFA Corrupted gear. That’s coming back too.”

1 Like

If this is what you have to resort to to make yourself feel better or like you’ve “won” go ahead lol

I have every MoP dungeon set I’d like except one though. And to be honest I’m not personally bothered by that. None of this has been about me. I want OTHERS to have the same chance that I did, nothing more.

Only thing about me this entire thread involved Vanilla Naxx, which would be a discussion under a different forum topic.

Which one? We gotta make sure you get it so you have everything.

I name call when it is warranted. If I see someone being crappy, I will call them crappy. I am quite blunt and do not care whether I hurt your feelings or not, not my problem to care.

You are still acting like a “kid” so yes, you are still “kid” to me. You’re acting like a 5 year old. They hang on every word you say, too. Nonetheless, I don’t get satisfaction from telling others no, I just don’t care. I do, however, care about them crying and getting things they want, like a kiddo when they’re crying and the parent just gives them whatever they wanted to shut them up instead of just sticking to “no” and letting them throw their tantrum.

Because they did say it back in Legion for the BFA prepatch.
I am not the one throwing tantrums, though. I am saying no, this is what we were told, this is what they said, and this is not gonna happen. The others are whining because they can’t get the skins they want. I have the ones I want.

No, it was there, said, and done. Reading between the lines comes from you being unable to understand why that news article was worded the way it was, not about whether blizzard actually said it.

I’ve written articles before, yeah. They weren’t assuming anything, they were taking a quote from blizzard and ran with it. You don’t get to assume things with stuff like that. Professionalism is a thing, and it demands sources, sources, sources and fact checking over and over before being posted.

Cool.

Don’t misquote me, or I’ll start doing the same for you at every post.

That’s fine, your views are your own. My views are my own. I’d still tell others “No” for it coming back with the same exact skins as before, too.

The druid one. I’d only want it if I could earn it though. Would prefer to not have it in my mailbox upon login thanks.

I think I know why it’s so hard to find a blizzard post confirming that the appearances were a one time thing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/8raj3x/so_when_is_mage_tower_being_removed/

This is a reddit post during the final legion days with links to various blue posts stating when the challenges would be removed. IIRC, the wow forums had a major overhaul and the said blue posts in the old forums were not archived.

From the wow website:

Edit: I’ll add, that I went over a several announcements from WoWs news section and it was very much marketed as going to be a solo challenge with distinctive appearances to afford players “bragging rights”. And this isn’t the only time they said, hey time is running out. When BFA prepatch happens time has run out.

1 Like

Well it never is. Its childish and just a form of bullying.

I haven’t been but ok.

I’m the same way. I never said I wasn’t. I never said I cared either. And trust me, my feelings aren’t hurt. Yours seem to be though at me calling you a liar. You continue to insist your right without any proof.

Asking for proof of a claim is childish behavior. What?

I’m hanging on you saying Blizz promised. They never promised, I’m saying your wrong. Prove it to me that Blizz promised. I don’t think Blizzard has ever promised anything in game, ever.

So like the people who want to keep their special pixels all to themselves then. Are they not “crying” too?

I wasn’t raised that way. I have thrown a tantrum twice in my life, when I was less than 10 years old iirc.

The one throwing a tantrum here is you. “Blizzard did promise! I don’t have to prove it to you, you just need to believe me! See? Some website said it on the internet, it must be true!”

Just because you keep saying that doesn’t make it true. Provide proof please.

Except they never said that. So you weren’t told that.

Fine, your not throwing a tamper, your lying and making up things Blizzard never said. There. Are you happier now?

So do I. But I believe in equal opportunity for everyone, regardless of age or when they chose to play a video game.

It wasn’t. Your a liar.

Are you admitting that Blizzard never said it? This seems to imply you don’t care whether or not Blizzard said it, just that Icy Veins said they did. Now your moving the goal post. Again.

Most articles I read have links when they are quoting. Icy Veins has no such link. It wasn’t even in quotation marks. Its literally just Icy Veins’ assumption it was never returning. Hence why they don’t provide a link or say “Blizzard promised/said they are never returning.”

No one is arguing that they weren’t removed. They obviously were. The question is if they promised they’d never return.

Of course, it’s about the “Druid” stuff, at the end of the day, it’s the bear and cat forms.

Honestly they should just let people get the MT appearance, be it hard or easy it is just a cosmetic. Titles too, idc if 10000 people will become scarab lords lol.
I have all the paladin ones but i don’t give a damn if someone just 1 shot a mob to get it, i mean i got sulfuras like two years ago and GM items this year. Even the pvp titles were exclusive till cata.
It is just false prestige.

2 Likes

Directly from that link:

If you haven’t yet earned your Artifact Challenge appearances for your class, you still have time. To help aid you on your quest, the Mage Tower on the Broken Shore will offer the quest 24/7 from now until the release of the pre-patch.

To get started on your classes’ Artifact Challenge appearance quest, you’ll need to visit War Councilor Victoria at Deliverance Point on the Broken Shore. The first time you take on the challenge is still free, but it will cost you Nethershards for each following attempt.

Once the Artifact Challenge quest is no longer available, if you’ve earned the base challenge appearance for your class specialization, you’ll be able to continue earning the three alternate tints for that specialization’s Artifact at any point thereafter.

To gain access to the Artifact Challenge quest, you’ll need to be level 110, have earned all 35 Artifact Levels for your weapon, and have completed the quest line to unlock access to the four new traits that became available with Patch 7.2.

End link:

At no point does it say it will never return. Still no promise of it never returning found. Keep looking.

“Once the Artifact Challenge is no longer available” is the closest thing. But it hasn’t been available in 4 years, and “no longer available” does not mean “never coming back”. I can see the implication, but Blizzard never stated flat out that they’d never return. The best argument you have is that the post was misleading.

Edit: It says “Artifact Challenge QUEST” not challenge or appearance. So nevermind, its not even implied that it would never return. Its just late and I miss some words.

No, because people are complaining? I think new forms, new challenges are in order, not abrogating on a time-locked achievement from 4 some years ago. It’s not fair to the people that heeded the call and did the work when it was current.

1 Like

Should have played Legion, get rekt nerd.

1 Like

Great argument. 10/10

Who knows? They very well may have said that they would be gone forever. We are just going by with their original intention of them being exclusive and no longer available. Regardless, “The Sky’s the Limit” is never really a good argument either way.

1 Like

I was following it at the time, because even back then I hated the idea of removing content and was already wondering since timewalking was a thing if Legion timewalking might add the mage tower as well. At no point did I ever personally read Blizzard saying it would never return. There were implications at best, and those implications were on the tower as a whole, not the appearances, and here we are 4 years later with the tower returning.

Since you can’t prove they promised though I’d appreciate it if people can stop saying they did. Because saying so without proof holds no value.

You weren’t being childish when you were conflating the argument about people who didn’t want the artifacts coming back because “MUH PIXELS?”

Ok, dude.