Just Let Everyone Get The Mage Tower Appearances

So those people only “worked to get it” because it was a shiny they thought nobody else could get? Are you saying if they had an infinite amount of time to get it they wouldn’t bother at all because they don’t really care about the appearances? That sounds like a good argument for bringing back “time sensitive” rewards for everyone to earn then, because the people who would do it are those who actually value the item and not just hoarders who want to sit on things they don’t even like just because someone else can’t have it. Catering to selfish, gatekeeping elitists who represent a minority of players is bad for the game.

3 Likes

The opposite is true - exclusivity is a powerful incentive. Moreover, since it’s been a component of game play since the beginning, removing it now would create far more problems than it would solve, particularly if it was a retroactive removal.

As for the elitism and all that - I think 30% of players got appearances in MT - that’s not a small clique. And as for hurting the game, the number of items that are not obtainable now pale in comparison the vast array of items that are, remain and will be attainable for all. I don’t think that is hurting the game in a fundamental way, it’s hyperbolic to suggest that in my view.

1 Like

To a minority of players. For the type of player that makes up the majority of this game, having a bunch of content unavailable to them isn’t fun. Especially new players. How many people do you think want to even begin playing a game that’s new to them only to realize no matter how much time, effort or skill they put in, they can never earn a lot of the cool stuff they see other people with?

Nothing has an innate value. All value is subjective.

They aren’t hurt. Not getting what you want is not the same thing as harm.

Because for the umpteenth time value is not objective and does not have to be agreed upon. Really not sure why you have such a hard time with those two concepts.

And once again value isn’t monetary nor is strict ownership required. I don’t own my car as I lease it from the bank but it still has value.

Blah blah, repeating for the millionth time yadda yadda, doesn’t have to be monetary.

It’s not a “bunch” of unavailable content. You’re free to do most content, the vast majority, and of all the things say available in Antorus, you can achieve most of it, get 99% of the items offered - you can’t get the AoTC mount now but that’s it. The mount, the title. Is that really a bunch of items contrasted to allllll the stuff you can still get. The list of unobtainable items is really small, and it’s not game breaking or unfair.

1 Like

Can you link your poll?

As someone that did ALL 36 they better bring back Challenge mode than cause its not right i farmed all of them when it was current. and will have nothing but the date of the achievements to show for it.

1 Like

108 unobtainable weapon skins isn’t exactly a small amount.

… So? Nobody actually cares that you did it. A person’s opinion of you isn’t going to change based on when you got MT artifact skins.

Again, you were active throughout legion - you want it all opened up as a special accommodation to YOU. I’m not looking for special favors here, I accept how it works - you’re looking to be treated special as in, the rules are changed to suit you. I just don’t think that’s fair. It’s that simple. I just don’t.

I wasn’t active throughout Legion, actually. But that’s really besides the point, because it shouldn’t even matter.

I don’t agree with removing content from the game. I never have, and I never will, so I will absolutely fight to get content that was removed put back into the game. I’m not looking to be “treated special”. I think removing content from the game is a dumb paradigm and we need more evergreen content, less FOMO.

2 Likes

I apologize to you, I confused you with another poster.

The MT is coming back, so you get the content back (if the datamining is true) but the reward from the original achievement does not appear to be coming back.

And yes, who wouldn’t want more evergreen content. But if a company markets something as time-limited, get it now before its too late - and you do it, I think bringing it back later, especially just for the MT appearances - is wrong.

I’d personally view it as a “We realize we made a mistake removing it, and we’re sorry. So here, it’s back.” I don’t think admitting mistakes is wrong at all.

FWIW, I recognize neither of us are going to convince each other of our desired stances. xD I hold no ill will toward you, and I really hope that whatever cosmetics we get from the returning Mage Tower are A) really awesome and B) not removed forever from the game after the 2 week event!

2 Likes

While we are at it, may as well bring back Naxx 40 so people can get T3, Corrupted Ashbringer, then Scarab Lord Title, The mount. Do you see how this would start? The answer is for Blizzard to create and introduce new challenges and new rewards consistently. There is nothing wrong with limited-time rewards that reward a player’s effort.

1 Like

I did every mage tower back in Legion all 36, and I don’t really care if they bring back the Mage Tower with the same rewards personally, but I think a recoloured mage tower appearance would be preferable, in my opinion.

That way people that did them already can get something new, too. But at the end of the day, I’m not bothered.

Though I can see why other people in my situation or similar wouldn’t want them to come back.

3 Likes

I didn’t get the mage tower appearances, but i hope they don’t bring back the originals.

new tints/rewards however, that’s cool :slight_smile:

Returning the Mage tower with the skins provides more content than returning it with recolors of a tier set.

Original Artifact Skins: 3 per class (2 for DH and 4 for Druid), with each one having an additional 3 color variants besides the one it came with to unlock as well. With 4 color options, it gives the most likely chance someone will like at least one version while also having activities to do to unlock them in the first place.

T20 Recolor: 1 per class, with only 1 color. Not only is it a tier set that some may not like the look of, it having only 1 color means some will likely refuse to do it simply because they either don’t like the set at all or because the color of it isn’t what they fancy.

5 Likes

Just imagine if blizzard did this for druids epic flight form when originally bc was out and only could get it if you did the quest for it? This is JUST A GAME if people epeen depends on it they need to seek help.

1 Like

the same can be said of the people who are asking for time limited things to be brought back.

3 Likes

Disney does it all the time with movies .

on the contrary. Disney says “This is going away to the vault, and won’t be released again for 20 years”

then they don’t release it again for 20 years. because that’s what they said they were going to do.

they don’t pull a blizz and come back 5 years later and be all “haha just kidding”

1 Like