Just Let Everyone Get The Mage Tower Appearances

Correct, it’s “hey we found these unlinked armor sets in the game files, maybe it’s for MT but we don’t know at all” currently.

Given how the current makeup of the game is, those lost players can be, and will be replaced with tokens.

Blizzard is making more money from tokens than with just pure subscriptions.

We do not know what the reward will be. That said it is very fair to speculate a few things from what has been leaked. The MT will reward some kind of appearance item as it did originally. The fact they did not mention the artifact skins along with there being no data mined info supporting the skins (or recolors) it is pretty safe to assume the MT reward will be something else. The t20 recolor needs an avenue to be earned by the players. All of these things lead me and many others to believe the reward for the MT will be t20 recolors.

1 Like

I hope the new Mage Tower is scaled to be fun.

It seems like it is going to be easier than the original. According to Wowhead a few things have been nerfed.

It doesn’t because every person would overcome the challenge

Except

1. You aren’t an Olympic athlete, this is a video game meant to spark joy
  2. This is more comparable to you getting the gold medal 5 years ago and you’re mad that since you’ve retired they kept doing Olympic Games and other people are getting the gold medal

Surprise, Olympic Games are twice a year and everyone gets a chance at the gold medal each time there’s Olympics! New people getting gold medals, even some people who only got silver or bronze before, doesn’t diminish the previous person who got a gold medal!

Are you daft?

3 Likes

But Mage Tower skins aren’t something you can put a money value (or even a gold value) to. They’re literally just cosmetics, and people don’t want them as collectors’ items to gain monetary value. They just want the skins, because they want to use the appearance for customizing their character. It’s a completely different situation.

Precisely they’re not even worth anything

One day this game will be shut down and all your precious pixels will turn into nothingness

Why not share the joy and open the challenge :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The only value I care about is the ability to use the skins.

2 Likes

This is a funny one.

Your Olympics response is very poor. If you want me to explain why, I will, but I think you know it.

Next, Olympic Games are every two years.

The “Are you daft?” rhetoric comes of badly as a result of the first two facts. It is both aggressive and self-destructive, which turns it into comedy.

Your lobbying for MT appearances is better when you are more gracious.

The answer to a question I never asked

I wish a lot of these people would be more gracious and be okay with others having the appearances.

5 Likes

I’m satisfied with the changes coming!

Finally there will be a reason to build the MT and the rewards for those that had completed it in the past will also be preserved. It had always felt weird to be able to build the others but not it.

Thank you for the changes.

That is completely beside the point. You missed the point entirely

No, I didn’t. You were attempting to directly compare MT skins with rare and monetarily valuable items IRL. They’re simply not comparable. Any skins you have don’t have resale value. Folk don’t want them because they’re rare and they want to collect a rare thing that has high monetary value; they want them because they look cool. It’s just not a good comparison.

2 Likes

Yea you 100% did. If you had read and understood the conversation up to that point you would know that I had in answer to another poster put forth that the values some people place on those skin is its exclusivity. I was using that example to demonstrate how exclusivity can raise or lower the value of something. You seem to be stuck on the idea that value has to be monetary which is objectively false. Therefore the fact that one value is monetary and the other is simply aesthetic value is completely irrelevant to the point.

That so-called exclusivity value is not innate to the item, nor universal across people. It’s not measurable and transferable. The whole concept doesn’t work the same for cosmetic items in a video game. You can claim an item has value because it’s exclusive all you want, but that means literally nothing to the people who place no value on exclusivity whatsoever.

Nor does it have to be. Value is always subjective and differs from person to person. Just because you don’t agree with a measure of value that someone has placed on an item does not make it irrelevant.

It does when we’re talking about video game cosmetics we don’t actually own. No one is hurt by other people being able to work toward MT skins.

They are if it debases their efforts. The Mage Tower as it was back in Legion cannot and will not be replicated perfectly to match the conditions at the time. I think it is a foolhardy suggestion to request that it be and a great waste of valuable resources.

You are yet another player that is requesting people be given a chance to earn it, however, looking at your achievement history you were active during Legion - you did in fact have a chance at earning it.

I think new rewards for the new Mage Tower is appropriate, fair and preserves the good faith relationship between players and company.

1 Like