Just give the alliance high elves already

And then there was love at first sight, i think i found it. I completely agree with this post by the way in case that was in doubt.

Fan service IS a thing, although i think Blizzard is just discovering that with the loot and gameplay…now if only we could get them to discover it in all aspects of the game.

2 Likes

they’re also culturally different.
kul tiran have their naval based culture.
highmountain have a mining culture and weren’t nomads like their mainland cousins.
void elves carry over the old bc era blood elf mindset which has been excised from quel’thalas somewhat, but they are still quite similar.
mag’har don’t carry the cultural weight of corruption the azeroth orcs have.
and mecha-gnomes are more isolationist and take the mechanical side of gnomish culture to its extreme.

I still don’t know why half of the Kul Tirans use the human model and the other half the Kul Tiran model. None of the faction leaders of Kul Tiras use the Kul Tiras model. It seems like Kul Tiras race was a last minute thing, since Humans models are everywhere and they call themselves Kul Tiras.

It seems like this Kul Tiran/Drust hybrid idea came in at the last minute.

1 Like

Valid criticism if you ask me, although I’d argue that Void Elves were overall a bad deal for both sides of the debate

1 Like

A lot like most Alliance Allied Races, so far.

1 Like

They’re genetically big while being the same biological race out of the blue. High Elves could be genetically different while being the same race out of the blue as well.

Plus, Kul Tirans are also skinny and normal, they’re not only big.

1 Like

Impossible. For you see I shall always be objectively right when discussing with a High Elf supporter. Which means that you shall always be wrong. Unless of course you then agree with my totally arbitrarily correct facts. Then for once you may be objectively correct. But for now this is just how it is. I feel it is my duty to spread the objective truth and facts.

I say Alliance should get Forest Trolls as recompense for High Elves. If Blizzard can invent lore in WCIII to justify why High Elves would want to join their enemies (the Horde), then they can invent lore to explain why Forest Trolls would want to join their enemies (the Alliance). They can say some Orc commander sent the Revantusk on a suicide mission. So now the Revantusk hate Horde, and have nowhere to turn but the Alliance.

1 Like

Nah, high elves are still blood elves. The green eyes are basically the result of second hand smoke from the demon cigars the leadership were forced to resort to in order to sustain their society and rebuild what parts of their city they did. Now they have golden eyes to represent the holy energies of their restored sunwell and I guess the gift of the Naaru’s light? Blue eyes are simply representative of arcane magic, which was the High Elves initial source. Blood Elf society is in a place to go back to that source.

And there are no skinny female humans (their arms get any thinner and they’ll disappear) so skinny, anorexic humans are still as unprepared as a playable race as the Sethrak. Mind with how skinny the males are, I’m tempted to say they have a lipid disorder.

Also, to the people arguing about lore as if it matters. You should know by now that Blizzard doesn’t give a damn about lore. If they decide to give High Elves to the Alliance some time in the future it will happen regardless of the lore.

2 Likes

Not true: This explains it well.

h ttps://wow.gamepedia.com/High_elf

However, a few high elves did not rename themselves blood elves. High elves and blood elves are physiologically the same race, and the difference between high and blood elves is only political.[10] When Quel’Thalas left the Alliance, some high elves chose to remain with their allies over their kingdom, and to this day still support the Alliance.[7] Some high elves were exiled from Quel’Thalas after the Third War.[11] Other high elf remnants have chosen to rejoin the Alliance in recent years, arriving to a cold reception.[2] Modern high elves are a rare sight, and are commonly mistaken for blood elves.[12][13] In consequence, there are very few high elves left on Azeroth today. High elves did not gather in any significant numbers and are a very small group of individuals. Indeed, modern high elves cannot even truly be said to have a culture—only a past filled with glory and regret.[2]

As a people, the high elves are all but extinct: the remnants of the remnants of a fallen race.[14] Though without any official leader, Vereesa Windrunner leads one of the few organized high elf collaborations, the Silver Covenant, as its self-styled Ranger General. Auric Sunchaser, a captain of the remnants of Alleria’s ranger cadre found in Terokkar Forest, serves as the high elven representative at the restored Sunwell in modern Quel’Thalas.

Honestly, it sounds like there may only be as many High Elves left as Void Elves… but they do still exist.

They don’t even have to go that far:

Give Blood Elves a blue eyed option. Give VE a cleansed blue eyed option.

Or just have a new AR be the Silver Covenant, which are High Elves that do not allow Blood Elves in their military, while giving BE a blue eyed option. There’s obviously enough within the Silver Covenant to be an ally, as they’ve already allied for wars in Northrend, Pandaria, and the Broken Isles.

Just do something, Blizzard. This topic needs to go away lol

You’re literally already playing a high elf. Blizzard already established their fate 13 years ago with the launch of burning Crusade. Where were you? It seems you don’t understand the race you are currently playing

2 Likes

They established a group of High Elves became Blood Elves.

In Wotlk, they also established there are other High Elf groups, like the Silver Covenant.

Then in Legion, we saw another High Elf group turned Void Elves in Surumar.

If anything, this debate is Blizzard’s fault for having so many damn High Elves running around. Were these people rabbits?

2 Likes

No one is saying that Blood Elves and High Elves are different races. That doesn’t mean they can’t have a different model, just like Kul Tirans have not one or two, but three different models representing the very same people of Kul Tiras and being the same biological race as Humans.

There are no reasons stopping Alliance High Elves from being playable with a different rig or model - the only one, the only one that really matters, is simply because the majority of devs are against it. Period.

4 Likes

Yes. I adore snakes. :frowning:

And there are dozens if not hundreds of others who want Sethrak.

1 Like

Anti’s: “You shall be always incorrect with your facts while my facts exist”

3 Likes

This is correct. All your facts are obviously incorrect and to be honest are objectively not facts. Because I said so of course. You are wrong.

“Blood Elves used Demonic Energy to help keep there city together.” Oh right, I’m wrong about that, considering it was the devs who said that.
“There is High Elves within the Alliance, and have been within the Alliance longer than Blood Elves longer than the Blood Elves being Horde.” Oh right, I am wrong about that too.
“Kael’thas Sunstrider proclaimed the Blood Elves as no longer High Elves the day they became the Sin’dorei in the Rise of the Blood Elves.” Oh right, I am also wrong about that.
“The Blood Elves and High Elves are recognised as 2 different groups and factions within the game.” Oh right, I also forgot, I am wrong about that.

1 Like

The only thing that will save the Alliance population is a Thalassian elf option that is equal or better than BElves in generic attractiveness.

The min-maxers who rolled BElf for the OP racials won’t be swayed, but the casual folk—the people who originally switched sides back in BC—may switch back to their original faction.

Blizz tried to correct the BElf-induced population imbalance by hastily tossing in VElves, but VElves are obviously not enough. Either their implementation as an AR is too onerous, or they are not attractive enough to counter the BElf imbalance, or both.

There needs to be a knockout, exclusive Thalassian look for the Alliance, and guess what? It already exists in the Silver Covenant NPCs. Keep the blue eyes on the blue side. Red, gold, and green for Horde side. Keep their looks distinct, don’t homogenize (or straight up swap over) the faction motifs/themes.

2 Likes