High Elf compromise

Then I guess you two can just put a helmet on a Void Elf and call it a day?

That’s an argument where nobody gains any ground.

4 Likes

No that argument does gain ground because people were against it for the fact of looking the same but that fails when you do with armor on. So that would mean if they get different skin tones then it still wouldnt matter in the end. So give them skin tones.

1 Like

The Alleria Stronghold elves?

I don’t know. I still think this weights more towards a no reason to update a model to have the gold even though they should. (or green as the case may be).

I can see the theme being used to further justify not doing it though.

It was a ritual to steal the void btw, just like blood elfs because they were blood elfs they both stole the power of the light and the power of the void. So you once again have a weak argument for why void elfs shouldnt have the same skin options as the race they truly are and that includes the shadowlands options. With the exception of golden eyes. Just like bloodelfs couldnt be purple.

4 Likes

Okay, and a lot of people will hide their helmets. However, if you just want to role play a high elf, as you pointed out, they look the same with helmets on. Do that then.

2 Likes

It’s funny. Now that Horde is the overwhelmingly popular faction, all these people who probably never touch the “ugly” races except as alts are trying to rewrite history. Alli had HElves first. I say give them back and let’s see who the real Horde players are. :tea:

BElves were literally only shoehorned into the Horde to fix the severe vanilla population imbalance. Time for another population fix.

Blizz could get creative with the pale/blonde implementation of HElf colors for VElves:

• Keep the voidy tentacles, but as highlights for blonde/lighter hair colors.
  • Have a pink, HElfy skin-tone, but with voidy creeping tendrils/markings/tattoos at the neck/wrists/ankles/midriff/etc.
2 Likes

No, he´s saying their actions came in a different moment in time when the elves were in a different mindset, and this obviously affects the way those actions are perceived by the elves.

I´ll quote myself from SF and repeat here: you people LOOOOVE to pretend the elves were in the same mindset in both events, but guess what: you´re WRONG. The elves in the Third War were grossly OVERCONFIDENT in themselves (the morons believed themselves untouchable), and oh how low this notions ended up falling (Arthas basically made these pretentious individuals learn and recognize how weak and pitiful and pathetic they were in truth). After Arthas, the elves lost 90% of their people in VERY traumatic circumstances (some had to kill their former loved ones regardless of their lack of military skills like Liadrin for example), had lost a huge portion of their territory and were still being accosted by Amani trolls wanting to exact revenge for centuries (Zul´jin) and Scourge wanting to finish the job (Darkhan); also they had famine problems too. After Arthas, the High Elves from Quel´thalas that survived the zombie apocalyse were DESPERATE and humbled (they stopped believing they were the best thing ever). Under all these DESPERATE variables, the most heartwarming thing they could have gotten was simple support to survive. And then Garithos and worse, the betrayal of Dalaran happened. While the rest of the Alliance stayed AFK. Taking into account ALL of the above, the “desperate times are worth of desperate measures” thing became very much a thing for the elves.

Sooo… how to explain the allegiance with the Orcs? Yes, the Orcs invaded… when the elves were at 100% strength and didn´t had big loses in the polically influent population (basically the Old Horde incursion was bad for Farstrider families and towns living on the edges of the territory like the Windrunners, but was irrelevant for Silvermoon per se. So while they did cause loses, those loses were only in the lower classes and not in massive quantities -most of the population was deviated to hide behind the big bad magical shield… and this worked-). Why do you think only Alleria decided to maniacally persecute the Orcs? cause she had personal issues -the Orcs killed Lirath after all-. Orcs too were fierce warriors that proved a force to be reckoned with, VERY attractive as military support for people barelly hanging out. And more important: the Orcs post third War WERE NOT the same genocidal demonically controlled a-holes from before (even Chronicle aknowledges Lor´themar had VERY good chemistry with Thrall, Cairne and Vol´jin; they were pretty decent people in comparison to Garithos genocidal racist tendencies coupled with the indulgence of Dalaran, Ironforge, Aerie Peak and Stormwind -who still were AFK btw- and the downright hostile violence of the Nelves).

Now in regards to the Trolls… the Trolls that were part of the Horde WEREN´T the same Trolls the elves had fought for centuries for starters (as a matter of fact these were a completely unknown tribe); so there was no reason why the elves would have balked at working with them (especially under the conditions they had to, remember: the elves were DESPERATE for support, especially of the military kind). And this paradigm was proven right when in Cata Vol´jin was CRUCIAL to defeat the Amani menace threatening the elves for centuries!!!. Go Horde Trolls!!

Las but not the least: the Undead. Regarding the Undead -and contrary to your erroneous belief- the elves were VERY wary; extremely so of Sylvanas & Co at the very start. She basically had to prove her goodwill with the whole Anveena bussiness (fun fact: Lor´themar and his closest friends were 100% aware Anveena was their Sunwell reincarnated, and Undead Sylvanas helped them protect her while at the same time keeping the secret as shown in the Sunwell Comics). And instead of acting like cretins (like Dalaran and the Nelves did), the Forsaken ACTUALLY commited to military support. They proved with actions they were interested in defending the elves at the time. And this is very important in regards to building comradery and trust.

In short: the Horde was the Terminator II version of the T-800 to the Blood elf´s Sarah Connor version (the Alliance was the Police btw; mostly useless if not downright antagonistic). The Horde were the former enemies that proven true allies in the Belves´ darkest time, ergo they won the elves gratitude. Meanwhile, the Alliance even after a supposed “friendship” of milennia were either absent, indulgent with the violence of their inmoral military commanders or downright hostile, and this done precisely in teh darkest time of the elves, so no wonder the elves are ANGRY towards them (the few Alliance units that decided to contact the elves did it to end up kicking those very same elves were they were down in the ground; no wonder the elves resent them and hate them).

2 Likes

High Elves were so desperate they allied with the Naga before the Horde.

1 Like

Are you really equating them ripping the essence of a naaru out, to analyzing and studying thr power of the void, then saying that weakens my statement?
Laughable. Doesnt even need a counter argument since its just word mash

Ok since you seem to not understand one I’m an orc. Two I want people the have the right to show the diversity they deserve. Being full plate and hiding your face and skin tone does not show the diversity they want. What you are saying is play a voidelf have a helm on to hide your skin and act like you are a different color.

Hence why that argument gives no ground either way dude.
Void elves are voidy. Purple and blue.
Not being voidy takes from their design.

Nice headcanon tho.

1 Like

Ya I am because they are one in the same the blood elfs ripped the essence of a light narru out and studied it while void elfs read some books and studied it.

That’s nice, I’m a human. I kid, I also play an orc.

Great! Blood Elves and the other human equivalents are getting that. Void Elves aren’t a human equivalent, they’re their own thing. Maybe they can get some violet, indigo, and gray skin? Unless you are just using this as a football to imply people who disagree with you online are racists?

No, I’m saying that claiming we shouldn’t have a problem with their skin color because they look the same as Blood Elf with a helmet on neutralizes the need to make them look like a Blood Elf by giving them Blood Elf customization options. If you want a human equivalent high elf, a helmet is waiting for you, or the Horde is waiting for you.

What are you talking about, my point was bloodelfs could have red skin because they could just say some of the outland blood elfs you know illidans non demon hunter followers could be red and rejoined the blood elfs after the fact. That isnt head cannon that is something blizzard could give to make the bloodelfs have an even bigger story and regain more people they thought where lost. Nice try though.

I just assumed because some forgot to put on sun screen at the Sunwell.

Uhhh no.
They ripped it out of a naaru and used it. They didnt need to study the light because they had priests already.

Felblood elves are entirely different from blood elves. They also got popped

I understood the Naaru was a willing participant. Am I wrong on that?

It was willing, though they didnt know at the time