Just give the alliance high elves already

i thouroughly believe that the horde will get out of the villain spotlight after shadowlands when they can reform thier leadership

Not the same alliance but good try. Also I’m talking about things the player character has participated in.

it was the exact same alliance lol
and in that case my point stands the player character is by far not evil and is depicted as a hero by both sides no matter which side you play on

Wait, wait, wait.

Pick a stance. Either factions can be picked up on things their predecessor governments did in the past or they can’t.

9 Likes

pffft ty exactly, this persons just full of it. the typical alliance fanboi

1 Like

Well, in this specific case you reference, the “predecessor government”, and the soldiers involved, are one of two things:

-dead

-dead and part of the Horde

1 Like

So you’re saying there’s no one in the Alliance who was part of the old Alliance?

No one who in any way could control what was happening in Lordaeron at the time.

Meanwhile, on the Horde side, every single orc could control where the Horde goes. He just had to throw down and make it so. The Horde governmental structure made everyone involved inherently responsible for their own actions. If they did not like it…Mak’gora. The Alliance, to this day, has no such legal mechanic.

PERSONALLY, though, in regards to BFA:

My ideal solution to the final quest would have been a Mak’gora. And the champion of Azeroth fights it, regardless of faction.

1 Like

Nah my stance is consistent the alliance referenced contained soldiers that are either a. dead or b. dead and raised as part of the horde. The horde on the other hand Saurfang was part of that horde.

Only people full of it are the ones who are trying to claim the horde isn’t evil.

1 Like

no… anyone who is intelligent knows the horde arnt evil and never have been. ive only ever seen 8 people legitimately argue they are like you

You know the Mak’gora has rules right? You can’t just rock up and fight the Warchief for his title. He’s free to decline frivolous challenges.

also thrall has cheated 2 times during his mak’gora fights and never been punished for cheating so if your allowed to just cheat thats some bs

1 Like

I would not call a challenge about, say, Tel’drassil ‘frivolous’. It calls into question the entire course of the budding war. So, you either make an example of the challenger in the Mak’gora, or you decline and live with the loss of face that will be just as damaging in the long term as what Saurfang goaded Sylvie into saying in their duel; it’ll just take longer.

2 Likes

Well now you’ve completely changed topics.

1 Like

Not at all. Anything that is a big enough deal to call an atrocity, and thus make the Horde be seen as “evil”, is by definition not frivolous. Saurfang should have thrown down the gauntlet at that moment, for example. Not months later.

2 Likes

wait but you just said earlier that its ok to somtimes back down and be the hero. what if your warchief isnt actually a bad guy you just dont like how hes running things but he chooses to let you live and be stupid than slaughter you
thats loosing face by backing down?

Then he’s displayed mercy and wisdom. There is no losing in accepting a Mak’gora over an issue for the person in charge, outside of actually losing the fight.

Yes it is, we were talking about the Old Horde and how every orc is to blame for its every atrocity because they didn’t challenge Blackhand for leadership.

The governmental structures were the same, right up until the council.