Just give the alliance high elves already

yea see that literally confirms the time skip

If anything that sounds like they’re still deciding.

Which would make sense, it seems like they plan xpacs in pairs. Cata/MoP had a contiguous story, then WoD/Legion and BFA/SLs

What does that mean for the player? We’ll have to see when we come out the other end.

time skip confirmed right here

Correct, I worded what I said originally poorly. It confirms a time skip but doesn’t confirm anything will happen. It could be 3 seconds for all we know.

Yeah, this makes more sense when you said:

I mean I’m guessing they’d still be deciding on the xpac after SLs which is when the aftermath of SLs would matter.

but thats why we think its going to be huge (we as in players talking about it) because think of all the stuff going on in the game rn, and how honestly bad azeroith is.
the devs have also hit a wall when it comes to content. think of all the possibilities for not just story but customization with characters, classes, races etc that could happen due to a time skip.
ontop of the comic which you can go read, just type in anduin old man comic in google its the first result usually, im really holding out hope for an almost brand new world and events to explore come after shadowlands

1 Like

they work on two expacs at opnce. byt the time shadowlands is done, the next one will already have been in development for about a year before that

shadowlands has been in development for about a year or more now

There’s a lot more possibilies with a time skip, more depending on how long it is. I don’t see it being extremely long to the point of being a hard reset of Azeroth though. There’s still a few things they could do with the current timeline but their well is starting to run dry.

also the story for each xpac isnt written by the game devs it goes off a book series that releases with each xpac, but alot of details are often left out in game

the shadowlands book will be coming out soon

this is also why the game differs so much from warcraft 3, as it hasnt been connected to warcraft 3 in a long time.

My [game theory] is it would be like 10 years or something. Long enough that the current status quo in Azeroth could be settled (so we’ve been at peace for a while) and long enough to bring in some of the up and comers like Thrall, Moira and Vol’jin’s kids but short enough that all the characters in the current story would still be around.

1 Like

It’s less a confirmation and more a easy way out for anything they decide on for after shadowlands.

idk we can hope though. theres so much they could do with even just a 15 year time skip

i think though with the release of the comic supporting the time skip that it will be a significantly long skip

however blizzard has retconned the comic ideas in the past

That’d be a good way to give us some newer characters instead of recycling old ones constantly. I’d also be a good time to do something like clean up Lordaeron and have it be relcaimed for the Horde or Alliance. 10-15 years sounds best to me.

yes and think about teldrasil, a 30 year time skip could bring back life to that area maybe not the world tree but a blooming forest again

In 30 years almost all the iconic Warcraft characters will be dead.

1 Like

That’s not true at all. The expansion directions change dramatically during production and the novels and books aren’t usually commissioned until everything has been finalized.

I’m sorry dude, but Christie Golding is a wonderful writer, but she did not make the decision to do WoD.

3 Likes

this is why people are so hyped about the possibility, everything wrong with the game itself and azeroth could be fixed with just a single time skip