Just give the alliance high elves already

EU.

Learn how to look at WoWProgress.

it’s not off by 10%. You’ve invalidated literally anything you have to say on the topic until you actually go look at the numbers, thanks.

4 Likes

Kind reminded players that don´t raid also exist in the game. Using WowProgress is stupid simply because the tool does not take into ascount the actual 100% of the player population.

Statistics done over incomplete data are a waste of time and a scientifical aberration.

6 Likes

Given your history with flagging, I’m kind of surprised to see you accusing others if doing so.

7 Likes

Hey, another one I push for. Have a whole story figured out for why and how too…

Amani forest trolls.

They joined the faction with Darkspear jungle trolls. They’d probably never even heard of the Darkspear, and jungle trolls were less than a footnote in Stranglethorn to them.

That’s the orc theme, if even, certainly not the Horde’s theme. What have the Darkspear done that’s first war level of bad? The tauren?

False. Man’ari eredar are the top dogs of the Legion. And in the eyes of orcs, the Man’ari are the ones responsible for causing the destruction of Draenor, using the orcs for the Path of Glory, and using them to conquer Azeroth.

Do you mean fel orcs? The only fel orcs I could see as possible candidates are the ones in Outland, who are extremely corrupted and most have lost their mind and former selves to the corruption because of how bad the corruption is.

Except, the Man’ari willingly joined Sargeras and joined the Legion and stayed with him until he was imprisoned. Their fate after is unknown but there’s no way they’d join Azeroth, both out of nature and out of the hatred the races of Azeroth have for them.

2 Likes

Before they bonded with the orcs they were as savage and evil as the rest of the jungle trolls. They only abandoned practices like troll sacrifice (human sacrifice seemed wrong to call a problem) and cannibalism because Thrall made them.

Odd man out.

Of the original five Horde races (I would argue the most iconic), four of them were seeking redemption.

Yeah, they were. But I’m not sure I’d call put that on the levels of bad as the first war, but fair point.

Orcs I could see easily, forsaken as well. I could see blood elves as well. Trolls sort of but not as much as the other three.

Trolls looking to make something new and better was a much stronger theme in Classic. If you check out a lot of the Durotar quest text from back then they make it clear that they see themselves as very much part of the orcs’ vision. One troll also states that they see themselves as almost being one people.

Redemption as a concept isn’t purely a moral one.

My history? Where is the proof I have been flagging?

See the fun thing about deleting posts is that anyone who quoted them doesn’t disappear.

1 Like

I don’t think anybody at all thinks Blood Elves actually are part of the horde’s identity. Also, that already went out the window when they gave them void elves, they are literally the same exact model, how is that not “too visually similar”? It’s the same model with the hair being different.

Oh dear lord :woman_facepalming:

One post. Just one post. I did say I flagged that thread once. I did say also in the end I was wrong. I also did apologies for that.

2 Likes

Since when?

2 Likes

Blood elves are part of the horde’s identity.
Though that doesn’t dismiss high elves being part of the alliances’ identity, especially since high elves have been assisting the alliance more than cetain other playable alliance races over several expansions.

7 Likes

grouping all people of one race or even one faction into the same crime - et.al, gnomes, who didnt even exist in the game when garithos tried to genocide the blood elves, dwarves, who had nothing to do with what garithos did to the blood elves, stormwind humans, who had nothing to do with what garithos did to the blood elves and night elves, who actually tried to help the blood elves during the time garithos was trying to genocide them, are all being held personally responsible for what garithos did, not just by some players but in the post vanilla lore.

if blood elves are holding stormwind humans responsible for what lordaeron humans did, i figured they would view all trolls the same way and not want to join them either. same for orcs. but the inconsistency in character development is allowed because horde needed a pretty race, and the rest is history.

7 Likes

It really seems like you’re trying to equate blaming the Alliance for the actions of the Alliance and blaming one group of trolls for the actions of a completely different group of trolls separated by thousands of years of history.

3 Likes

If it isn’t reasonable for the Blood Elves to hold the Alliance of Stormwind responsible for the Alliance of Lorderon, then it isn’t reasonable for the Blood Elves to hold Dark Spear Trolls responsible for the Amani Trolls or Thrall’s Horde responsible for the Old Horde. Except for them getting together over 2000 years ago (before the fall of Rome in real life), high elves have shown no particular love of humans. Nothing has shown past alliances to be anything other than out of necessity. Even if after WC3 a few of them jumped ship and decided they’d rather be side kicks in the human potential story, that’s the exception not the rule.

8 Likes

of course it isnt reasonable but thats how the blood elves were written till the devs put them on the horde. then once they were on the horde, they still blamed all alliance races for what lordaeron humans and the council of six in dalaran, did. thats how the writers wrote them. so its not like they turned over a new leaf in that regard

2 Likes

That’s not how they were written, and in the days of WC2 the actual world was microscopic compared to what it is now or even what it was by the end of WC3. At that time Warcraft was a good RTS, nothing like what it is now.

High Elves choose their Alliances pragmatically, not because they want to hang out with a particular group. Remember, they joined forces with the Illidari and even the Naga, before WoW was even a thing. When Garosh was on his orc supremacy kick they were eyeing the humans again. They were considering joining the Alliance up until the Purge of Dalaran. You don’t want them to hold a grudge with the Alliance, but the Alliance can always put the Silver Covenant on trial.

4 Likes

so you believe if blood elves had encountered other troll tribes in the wild, they wouldnt have automatically treated them like enemies? hehe. okee dokee

2 Likes