Just give the alliance high elves already

the debate topic i’m having with ariel, is ariel’s idea the former eredar would be so unredeemable that they’d be a shoe-in for using as the bad leader must be killed horde trope. but the horde takes such chances.

1 Like

The issue I have with it is that the Eredar aren’t orcs or trolls or such.

They’re demonic Aristocracy.

Like… you might as well suggest faceless ones or the sha as a race for the horde.

they arent any more demonic than orcs were. they are draenei under the influence/corruption of sargeras. if they break away from that, they’re at least as redeemable as orcs.

1 Like

Actually, they’re far more; the eredar were rolling in fel energy for some 13 thousand years.

well their leader appears to be a little busy to lead atm. hehe

look at this (spoiler alert) :sparkling_heart:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/spoilers-female-blood-elf-customizations/532700/21

1 Like

I kinda wanna race change my rogue for that 3rd hairstyle now.

I wish I could get into Rogue. I just can’t still get into Rogues.

I wasn’t able to in the past either. Until they changed combat to outlaw.

Fulfills my pirate fantasy. Then again, he is still 116 atm, and i have almost 0 motivation to level him when my friends had stopped playing.

I do have a Rogue at max level, and it is Outlaw, but just can’t get into it.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/sargeras/saracalia

Tried playing it a short while ago while waiting to bring my Lock over to the server, but gave up. A Rogue is just not my kind of class.

1 Like

Ay look, the Minnesota viking is arcing up again.

Also hilarious considering vikings were famously incompetent unless they outnumbered their enemies.

2 Likes

Hey now, I’m all for mocking the MN Vikings, the horrible choke artists that they are.

But leave the Scandinavians out of this >_>

It’s not my fault they couldn’t beat Anglo-Saxons, the “this is my last day before I retire, I sure hope nothing goes wrong” guy of historical cultures, unless they ran away in boats and waited until they split their forces.

Well the dude ended up beein a xenophobe

2 Likes

Wtf are you talking about? The data shows that once blood elves were added to the horde populations basically equalized from a 20% delta racials like goblin jump and more importantly troll racial in tot caused a gap to grow but a single race equalized the factions.

4 Likes

And why couldn’t the alliance do the exact same thing? Also… I think it’s logical to assume that any society with magic use would shield vital areas from unauthorized Teleportation.

If anything the Alliance would have the advantage if they used your scenario since it’s been shown that void elves can pierce through teleportation shielding (alliance war campaign).

About the only reason your plan has any real merit in the case of the Horde using it is because such a tactic is largely out of character for the Alliance but not the Horde.

As to the Vindicaar… I’m not sure where you get the idea that its weaponry can only hurt Fel infused targets when we see the Light constantly used to beat the snot out of anything and everything via Paladins and Holy/Disc Priests. The idea that a nuke fired from the Vindicaar would do nothing to a structure unless it was fel-infused is laughable.

We can even see in game that using that nuke (the ability you get in the Argus campaign that fires the Vindicaar’s nuke at your target) against non-fel targets on Argus is just as effective as on anything else. Your imposed limitation is purely headcanon.

8 Likes

I did not like Outlaw when it came to be. Assassination and Subtlety were far more pleasant experiences for me on my rogue. I only wish I could play Subtlety better and that it performed better because the shadow thematics it has goes well with a Void Elf.

1 Like

It’s first target is debris from a naaru ship.

Also on Argus you can use it on anything. Fel infused or not.

4 Likes

It also ignores that “No holds barred conflict” means it starts immediately. By the time the big infiltrator ship is built, the vindicaar is already nuking Horde cities. They need a considerably better plan to deal with that.

That said, the blight could still come into play via terrorist actions, but by the time the Horde can viably deploy it on a scale that would actually have impact, their cities would already be craters. It does, however, exist and would have a fairly nasty retributive aspect…until the Horde runs out of blight, upon which time it’s essentially “exterminate from orbit, lul” time.

Also, that “big stationary cannon” I keep hearing about is pretty much a “big stationary target” in military terms. Kinda funny it keeps getting brought up. (Besides, do you even know how hard it is to hit something in orbit? GLHF!)

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t know where this other person is coming from. While people can wave their hands about lore all they want, the real reason belves went to the Horde was to give them a pretty race. www(dot)engadget(dot)com/2006-08-11-exclusive-joystiq-interviews-wows-jeff-kaplan.html

Tell us why some new races were added to World of Warcraft in the upcoming Burning Crusade expansion?

One reason for the Blood Elves choice was obviously looks. You’d be amazed how many people will not play the Horde based purely on the fact that they’re monstrous. So by giving an attractive race to the Horde, we feel like we’re opening a whole new part of the game to the people who wouldn’t experience that half of the game.

I can’t find it now, but I remember at one point even reading an interview where someone from Blizz specifically mentioned how they’d had complaints from people who wanted to get their girlfriends to play who were turned off by the Horde races. Back when Realmpop worked, we could see that belves made up something like 40% of the Horde population. Prior to Cata, people liked to claim that it was because they were the only Horde paladins, but tauren and troll paladins didn’t make an appreciable bump in their population. The migration of highly skilled end game players to the Horde was in progress long before Kil’Jaeden. That was more of the death knell for the Alliance than the cause of the shift. Having a pretty race ultimately changed things significantly for the Horde.

Giving the Alliance high elves wouldn’t have the same population effect, since the Alliance already has pretty races, there are more options on both sides, and the pendulum has already swung so far in the Horde’s direction that those concerned with high end progression wouldn’t be swayed by merely looks (or even seriously OP racials). I think it would make more people happy than not, but it wouldn’t do things like bring big guilds who might have once been Alliance back.

On another note, I’m really tired of being characterized as wanting a Legolas-looking elf because I want high elves. I don’t want that. I want an elf with silver hair and violet eyes like Vareesa that’s part of the Silver Covenant. It might be a silly stereotypical anime-looking thing, but hey, it’s what I want and it’s something that would be logical to exist in the lore considering there’s already a character that literally fits that profile.

11 Likes