Just give the alliance high elves already

It kind of made sense when the idea was that the catapults were full of Azurite payloads when it was supposed to be this super-weapon, and the whole burning happened basically on Sylvanas’ whim and wasn’t even remotely planned, leaving the Horde forces mostly sitting gobsmacked at what happened as it burned.

But then Blizzard just kinda threw that out the window and just made them normal payloads with Shamanic help, meaning Teldrassil could have been razed basically at any time with a clever enough naval attack. Also the spirit(s) of fire were okay with razing Teldrassil I guess?

1 Like

Minimize casualties? Please, that wasn’t happening even before the witch burned the tree.

1 Like

It was actually; during the horde quest line saurfang expressley sent you out to arrest civilians so that they could be detained away from the fighting in auberdine.

1 Like

That was after he wanted to congratulate the assassins who had done it when he found no one alive in Astranaar.

There was no minimizing casualties.

1 Like

And that leads me back to my thesis of

“The WoT was a poorly written mess”.

1 Like

your logic doesn’t have sense. Blood elfs are elfs

So is Night Elves, Nightborne, Void Elves, High Elves, Naga, Felblood Elves, San’layn and Wizards.

2 Likes

The point is there can be two playable races of the same race.

If naga are elves then you could say all elves are just trolls.

1 Like

Well, they basically evolved from Trolls, so guess we could say that.

Everything after it as well. That’s exactly my issue. I have a hard time playing my horde characters specifically because of how it’s written. I don’t want to follow orders and commit atrocities for garbage piles like sylv and her boytoy.

2 Likes

He expressley wanted to minimize casualties. That the player received contradictory orders from other parties is a moot point.

My main issue is that we’re not allowed to atrocitize back. It genuinely feels worse to me that we have to “forgive” a completely unapologetic Horde just because Baine and Saurfang are “nice guys”. The complaints about the Horde being the Alliance’s bootlick that go along with that are laughable. If the plot were in any way remotely realistic, we’d be putting the orcs back in camps, and the trolls and tauren right along with them.

Only this time, they’d be actual death camps, because reeducation clearly did not work.

Seriously, burning down Teldrassil and then expecting anything “lesser” in response is ridiculous. Horde players need to get it in their skulls that they can be glad the writers jumped the shark. Anyone competent writing this would have the siege of Ogrimmar end in a slaughter, because the alliance commanders could not pull back their very angry and bloodthirsty troops.

2 Likes

I mean after the WoT (which you can’t do anymore) I’m pretty sure there’s nothing too objectionable that the Horde PC does that’s not entirely optional.

Like, Brennadam is the main atrocity on the Alliance side and the Horde PC and his honorbound allies don’t know crap about what happened there apparently.

In both SoO cases the Alliance wouldn’t have been able to crack Org without a very significant chunk of the Horde defecting so uh, going full genocidal in those cases would have ended extremely badly for the Alliance.

Hell, there’s even a throwaway line just before the Mak’gora where the npcs doubt they’ll even be able to take org even with Saurfang’s defectors. The Alliance is in no shape to start genociding again.

y i k e s

It is very much so. The writers just conveniently ignore everything the Alliance can field, because it would allegedly unbalance the game and writing an actual winner or loser doesn’t fit with what they believe keeps a conflict alive and vibrant. Thing is, if we’re all superfriends at the end of every expac, the casi bellorum seem increasingly shoe-horned, random and frankly, DUMB.

That statement gets 0/10 for lack of creativity. At least come up with better trolling at this point in the conversation. Here, as an example of a troll statement from the pro side: most of the antis dont want alliance helfs introduced because they know belfs will go from 40% of the horde players to around 15 or 20%.

Strictly speaking, if both side fielded everything they have to maximum effect the alliance would be obliterated in about an hour flat.

Which brings us back to “Why don’t the writers make M.A.D. a theme?”, really.

And the dwarves are known for holding grudges for about 10 days past forever. There is a fairly high chance that a significant portion of them would join the Night Elves and Gilneans. Gnomes know all about losing a homeland, yet they arent on board with Tyrande and Genn? It makes no sense.

1 Like

Yeah, Anduin could promise peace all he likes. Realistically, after Teldrassil, all that should do is get humans kicked out of the Alliance.

1 Like