Just give the alliance high elves already

just sayin’, you can dispense with the - they aint traditional elves - concept, cause for the last 10 years, blood elves have been traditional elves on an untraditional faction. and this is the angle. not that they are different now, but when they were different they took a chance with the horde, and it mostly worked out for them. though the horde may be a bit too elfy now. haha

No, that’s just what you want to tell yourself. It’s true that they’ve been severely toned down, but if you think they behave like every elves in other franchise, then you’ve purposely been ignoring things.

1 Like

oh? how do they behave then? hehe

Just go ahead and quest in every spot where they are, you’ll see it.

The fact that they’ve chosen to side with the “monster races” over and above the “noble races” is actually a pretty signifigant swerve relative to the more traditional depictions of elves and forces people to re-examine not just the sindorei but also the horde itself.

Frankly, from a narrative standpoint this is probably one of the most brilliant decisions blizz could have made.

4 Likes

Wait a second… there’s a site that says MG is Horde dominated?

Lolwat?

I think this might be the same poll that said there was a total of 170k players on retail in total.

It was the site for that add on that bases its numbers off of /who now that the AH stuff isn’t available. realms maybe? I’m assuming it just means there’s more horde players with the add on on that server.

Eh, no matter what, if anything uses /who as a way to count for anything, they’re doing it wrong anyway.

Dude so are kul’tirans and humans, highmountain and tauren, lightforged and draenei, and mechagnomes and gnomes. The Alliance literally already has playable blood elves. No one wants Quel’thalas or some NPCs. They want the option to play visually and culturally as a character that has always been part of the Alliance. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that and it robs no one of anything other gatekeepers and arbiters of ‘uniqueness’.

1 Like

I’m just getting flashbacks to arguments with people who were convinced about how important the numbers were. Even if the numbers showed that the most populated servers had 0 population total.

1 Like

So much of this post just blithely ignores the distinctions between the races and their counter parts.

But hey if you want to play as blood elves (and I’m guessing you do given how you keep posting on one) then good news! They’re playable in game right now!

2 Likes

Even if you suspend the lore entirely; there is no reason why such a highly-requested race shouldn’t be considered. It would clearly enhance the game for very many players yet it would diminish the game for no one. Their existence robs no one of anything.

You don’t want Alliance high elves? Great; don’t make one.

2 Likes

And the little detail that all of those are in their respective sides anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I don’t think anyone would argue the Alliance got any allied ‘races’ that aren’t just reskins :clown_face:

oh i accounted for that. but they made that choice initially, when they were their edgier selves, before the sunwell was restored

They got less reskins than the horde did.

Ok, ignoring lore reasons the main reason not to do it is because it doesn’t actually add anything of merit to the game that a new race couldn’t do better.

1 Like

And thousands disagree, clearly. Just because you think they’re ‘meritless’ doesn’t make it so. Try harder to mask your gatekeeping pls lol

You don’t see an issue with copy/pasting a race that horde has had for 10+ years and giving it to the alliance?

Void elves and nightborne are both visually distinct from their counterparts. Blood elves with tattoos and blue eyes are not.

2 Likes