Just give the alliance high elves already

None of this counts as it is all pixels. Blizz can do anything they want up to and including “discovering” a heretofor undiscovered community of high elves allowing for the implementation of the playable race.

This is true but, blizzard need not do that to implement high elves.

Void elves, whose numbers are even lower than high elves, are currently playable.

1 Like

neither does the sunreavers, they have a few ranger types but people associate them with magister types. so much so lorthemar told rommath to fold them into his magister ranks after evacuating as many as he could from dalaran. likewise, people assoicate SC as mostly ranger types right down to their leader who calls herself ranger general

its just comical how that mechagnome tried to pretend SC has always been dalaran citizens. hunters are not known for their affinity for magic. there is no reference to the SC existing prior to the WOTLK, and their reason for existence is to oppose the sunreavers because of that factions newfound affiliation with the horde. the SC therefore did not spend thousands of years living alongside humans and working with them to explore magic. he clearly ran out of gas

And how many of them were there?

You assume that they don’t. And not that they do care but are taking more into consideration than one side over the other.

Doubtful, as if that was a no doubts completely safe way to increase revenue they’d be stupid to let it sit and lose more and more value the longer they leave it. This is just one of those things people say to keep their hopes up.

I agree completely. Unfortunately, the only reasons the anti crowd can come up with are strawman “lore” reasons. I did see one get honest enough once to admit that he was angry at the thought of him being less special if there were other non blue elves in the game and that he would unsub over it. Usually they try the half baked lore bs.

I… did not read anyone in our current discussion insisting about this…

Not all of them are, but there are no evidence stating all of them aren’t.

Because it was formed during wrath.

Unfortunately, this does not apply to the sunreavers as well because they are still a relatively new faction, albeit older than SC.

Although an anti myself, it is only for gameplay reasons. Lorewise, i agree that it does makes sense to be playable.

Jaina says that they were in the Purge storyline.

Oh really? I was always under the impression that some members of the high elves that taught the humans eventually joined the sunreavers, but not the sunreavers that taught the humans as a whole.

My googlefu skills showed me that the sunreavers were formed after the 3rd war instead of between wc2 and 3. Hence it would not be possible for the sunreavers as a faction to have directly taken part in the teaching of magic to thr humans.

I would gladly change opinion of this after being proven wrong on this.

Gimme a second to find the quote from the quest.

2 Likes

I stand corrected then

My googlefu skills had failed me big time.

why do you think aethas gets so offended at jaina when she tells him to leave

“this is OUR city too, proudmore(and he spits out her name like venom like his people have more of a history there then her)”

and then jaina used her goons to attack civilians

1 Like

In my opinion, before being corrected, i had assumed that it was because members of the sunreavers were also members of the kirin tor.

And they were members of the kirin tor before they were sunreavers.

Anyway, i stand corrected on this.

1 Like

they are part of the kirin tor

or were

Are, they were officially re-admitted in Lego.

4 Likes

…and still looking for justice in BFA.

2 Likes

At least they commented on it in BFA while forcing us to work with the butcher of Dalaran herself. So it’s not completely swept under the rug like everything else the Alliance does wrong.

4 Likes

Yeah, but in the form of an enemy. My cynical side is telling me there’s better than even odds that they’re gonna villain bat blood elves who are upset about that now that Jaina has had her kumbaya moment with Baine and Thrall.

1 Like

That’s the way it goes when you aren’t the writer’s favorites.

By all rights Genn should be dispensing purples after stormheim

2 Likes

You do get that races that horde players think would be cool for the alliance likely wouldn’t bring people back while high elves might.

So what you are saying is making high elves ears tilt downwards and give them a unique idle stance and you are fine with them.

1 Like