Just dropping in to see if Blizzard came to their senses

Everyone agrees that the sub how they have outlined it, is the best possible solution.

I’m not sure why the angst. The Classic forums were full of people saying they’d gladly pay for the game and a sub to play a Blizzard sanctioned (more stable) Classic WoW. You’ll only be paying $15 a month so long as you want to keep playing and, if the spirit moves you, you can give retail a try. Don’t say noone will, because I’ll bet there will be a number that do. After all, they are paying for Classic and get retail for the same sub :slight_smile:

Me, I’m a happy camper. I would have paid for Classic and for a separate sub, now I basically get it for free.

P.S. Maybe I shouldn’t have said the last bit. It is too late for them to change it now, right ?

4 Likes

Do you honestly think that Classic servers were going to be immune to the same population trends, especially since that has been going on since launch?

2 Likes

No, not since launch. First off classic will have no content drought because there is no new content.
There wasn’t another wow at the time where players got bored and went to the “other wow”.

We’ll have to see how this plays out.

with a shared account you can also bet there will be players just on classic for transmog gear…getting it and holding it “just in case” Blizzard changes their mind later on.

yes since launch, there have always been dead or imbalanced servers, or should I say ‘close’ to launch, meaning that sub trends are not a new thing, we just had more new players taking the place of leaving players back then.

Yah and those that are only interested in that will likely make their own guilds, but really there are not enough unobtainables that most would worry about it.

Now give me a one time token or something so i can not pay gold cap for BOE Thistle tea,lol(JK) , the only cooking recipe I am missing.

1 Like

People are delusional enough to use this as an excuse to ninja loot regardless of if the subscription is shared or not.

You are getting two games for one and you are whining?

2 Likes

This will probably piss some people off, but I’d gladly pay $50/month for legitimately-Vanilla Classic WoW. I’m talking no sharding and nearly identical to that launch experience. As good and better than what Nostalrius accomplished.

2 Likes

Since we already had this discussion and your attempted point is absurd, I am going to sidestep your mantra-like post and share thusly: :duck:

WADDLE WADDLE

No I am simply asking you a simple question, and lol no, it is not absurd, it is absurd to think that people leaving is something new to WoW.

1 Like

One solid 14 year old content game plus a steaming pile of :poop: =/= 2 games.

1 Like

Wrong. The sub fee has only EVER guaranteed you access to the servers. That’s all the sub is… your ticket through the front gate of the amusement park.

7 Likes

It is absurd as at no point in blizzard’s history did they gift an entirely different game to literally millions of players of another game, many (most perhaps?) that will find they actually hate the second game and leave in droves after having boated the individual server populations and leaving half full shells. But hey, since your opinion is that “has always happened” then here, here is another hot take:

(For those watching, I do not pick these at random. They are legit good videos. In fact Tina Dico is freaking awesome.)

Dood for once Blizz ISN’T asking for more money. Be grateful man.

1 Like

thats not what I asked though is it?

And no, people who do not like Classic are not going to waste their time with it anymore than you are going to with Current. You vastly overestimate how many people from current will try it at all, forgetting that there will be some who do like it and will play, and vastly underestimate returning players numbers in returning and overestimate out of those that most will stay.

1 Like

THIS! Oh and by the way…the chicken (BFA) went bad three days ago.

2 Likes

Also, it’s more like you’re getting a sub to two games, where one mandates the purchase of expansions every two years and is basically a downsie Pokemon game if you don’t – and the other is an MMO.

2 Likes

I have no problem with the combined sub model and don’t care if it’s a “money grab.” I want them to succeed with this, and in order to do that, it’s got to make them money. Fine by me.

You know there is a simple solution for this. Dont Play.

If 15 bucks a month is a problem for you you shouldn’t be playing anyway because you have much bigger problems than paying 15 bucks a month for old content.

whoosh!

No matter how many times you say it the retail folks just don’t seem to get it. That said, I’ll try once more:

The problem with a combined sub is not having to pay a sub fee, it’s all the drive-by trolling by bored retailers who have absolutely no investment in vanilla and nothing to do on live.

1 Like