Just a few words on the worst customer support system

It’s not a routing issue though, why keep pushing the lie?

3 Likes

Can you prove it otherwise?

Being in IT myself, I have seen routing issues happen. It even happened in this game when my provider could NOT get to WoW, but I had to use a VPN client to my work network to get around the routing problem with cox->blizzard.

Others are reporting that a different account with Blizzard works, but not their primary account. Routing isn’t simply from YOU to them, it can also affect how some of their account servers are connected to the servers as well.

But unless YOU specifically know what the issue is, you aren’t actually in a position to really thump your chest like King Kong either.

Lol you mention right in your response the very reason it’s not a routing issue. I’ll let you figure that part out.

I will also point out I gave EXACTLY the response you failed to understand how it can be a routing issue.

If it is a DISTRIBUTED SERVICE, it can reside in * GASP * more than ONE location.

Which means * GASP * not in the same data center.

Which can * GASP * involve routing information from * GASP * one data center to another.

You may want to consider what you are arguing with a person about when they do present the relevant information and you are too focused in your own rage to read or understand the information given to you.

1 Like

I know you think this somehow proves that it can’t be routing related, despite a VPN resolving it (routing around a bad network area).

The reason different accounts might work is likely because they are connecting to the Los Angeles data center, not Chicago. As in, LA works and Chicago had issues.

2 Likes

On my account, different toons on the same server are able to login (in Org) just fine, while my main toon was stuck in a dungeon and now can’t even connect.

Ouch. The way instance tech works, it can put in you in another data center when the group is formed and you are ported. This is also why sometimes you get crazy lag that is dungeon only. So that char is going to be stuck there until the issue is resolved :frowning: (Or so I think).

1 Like

So we get reimbursed right? A free day? My m+ chest that I was going to do. My M+ 11 key? These are things I was going to do today, but considering the circumstances I don’t think I’ll be able to.

And before you say “should have done it earlier in the week”, the week isn’t up yet, reset is tomorrow and I’m supposed to have until today.

It’s not Blizzard’s “issue”. It’s a routing issue. That’s in the internet between you and Blizzard. Blizzard can’t fix it as it’s not their issue.

They have. It’s in the thread in Technical Support that is posted in this thread.

Cite your source. I’ll add it to the hundreds of other reasons player give on “why subscriber numbers are plummeting”.

Someone posting the correct information doesn’t make them a shill, anymore than someone posting snarky comments like this is original.

If it were an issue with Blizzard, everyone would be having the issue. They aren’t. I’m not. I see a lot of players in the game. They aren’t. The most logical answer then is routing.

In other words, you don’t know.

Your instance server is not necessarily in the same data center as your home server. You can have your home server being in Chicago and join an instance in the Los Angeles or Australian data centers.

You would need to ask in General Discussion or through the Dev’s Twitter account. Customer Support would not have an answer to that until the Devs decide, and that decision won’t be made until the issue is resolved.

1 Like

I would not say something like that to you. You had no reason to think you would be unable to connect most of the day today. I would be frustrated too and poking at frustrated people never solves anything.

In the past they have done that when it was Blizzard’s fault and they were down 24 hours or more. That has not happened in long time though because most stuff gets fixed faster than that. I don’t know what the current policy is.

They will make a determination about it once the issue is resolved and the impact has been fully evaluated. They have never made a call about possible compensation during the active issue.

2 Likes

Small correction, Windows was released first. They were developed at the same time though.

No no no… Their customer service has gone down the drains. Back before I had quit (MoP) if you had an issue you could get to a person rather quickly. Now they want you to do this long loop of things to get a person to even respond to you, and half the issues aren’t even the issues you are dealing with… It’s become a “not a problem” way of things.

1 Like

Ah, well a lot of people like to do the opposite, that was so I didn’t need to reply if someone used that “logic”.

Xerox was before both of them as far as GUI operating systems are concerned.

1 Like

True, both companies stole the idea from them actually. Xerox felt it was a worthless technology. lol

The phone system was set up for Account Access, Billing, and Tech Support. Game Master tickets were set up for in-game issues as well as account action appeals. The forums and in-game submission box were set up for Bug Reports and Suggestions.

Unfortunately people would not use the proper channels. They flooded the call center to the point where if you got in at all, it was a 2 hour queue to talk to someone…someone who could not help you if you called for something that was not Account, Billing, or Tech related. It made the whole system unusable.

They had to find a way to direct people to the proper channels which is what we have now. If you have a Billing, Account, or Tech issue Phone Callback and Live Chat are both options.

For Bugs, Suggestions, appeals, in-game issues, etc - use the text ticket.

If you ever need help navigating the system or getting advice on what options to use, stop by the Customer Support Forum. People will be happy to help you as long as you share the nature of the issue.

3 Likes

As noted from a Blue…

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/8-19-stuck-at-logging-in-to-game-server/258618/1622

2 Likes

It is. The updated thread in Technical Support have gives that information.

While I can understand that this issue was quite frustrating, this is not the proper forum for this type of discussion, and it’s devolved entirely into fighting/name calling, which is not appropriate.

We did what we could to fix it, and things are improved. If you want more information on what was going on, check the blue posts on this thread.

I’m locking this thread to prevent it from getting more out of hand.

2 Likes