Just a few words on the worst customer support system

First off the problem I have right now is that I cannot log in to any game world because I get stuck on the loading screen.

But what pisses me off even more right now is the by far the most ridiculous and the worst customer support system I have experienced from any game support ever.

I was trying to open a ticket in order to see whats going on with this issue because I did my own research online before realizing there is no definitive answer to this problem.

So I go on the contact support and try to fill out the relevant information, however, the amount of information blizzard wants me to post before I even get to the technical support personnel is ridiculous.

First, it REQUIRES you to do a tracer rout with CMD program which is absurd. Not only is it hard for some people to even grasp the concept of command and its text-based commands the help page they give you DID NOT WORK. They want me to put in the right IP but they don’t have Eastern server IPs. What the hell am I supposed to do there?

Now I know some people will say L2Code or some smart a** thing like that. But my real problem with this entire support system is that it is gating their customers from reaching TECHNICAL SUPPORT that can sometimes be vital to enjoying their freaking game.

Blizzard, you just pissed me off to no end and I hope you read this

Sincerely, an angry customer

7 Likes

You should have just checked the Tech Support forum, there’s a thread over there.

6 Likes

THe information that they are requiring is what they need to trace the problem and your welcome no to do the trace thats your perogitive its not bad CS asking the players to help the the programers its a 2 way street.

3 Likes

Like I said I could not figure out how to do get the tracer to work because the relevant information is missing.

The right solution would have been for customers to actually contact technical support and help the customer do the tracer on the spot.

That’s why I said this is gating their own customers from getting the actual support that need.

Except the trace has to happen from your side, not theirs. Whether or not they can connect with you does not affect whether or not you can connect with them.

It’s not gating. You save time by doing the tracert before contacting them. It also means that Blizzard can help more people more efficiently.

By the way, connection issues should be posted in Technical Support. That is the purpose of that forum.

1 Like

That didn’t give you enough information?

1 Like

Tech Support is more than willing to answer your ticket and help, but when this is your specific issue, they need that trace route to begin the troubleshooting process. If you submitted a ticket, that would be the FIRST thing they ask you anyway. So having you do it immediately helps the process along.

As to that specific issue, there is a known problem today. They are working on it, last I heard.

3 Likes

There is no missing information. There ARE NO East Coast data centers for Blizzard. That is why there is no IP for them. The data centers are in Chicago and Los Angeles.

Depending on what server you play on, you will connect to one of those two locations.

Running the tracert is a bit different than what most are used to. Command line is how all computers used to work before Mac came out with the more modern GUI you are used to and then Microsoft released Windows, their version of it. Anything you wanted to do on the computer required you to type a line of …commands! Changing directories, running a programs, etc.

Command like is basically, primitive computer using like the very old days. To do it, just make sure you run CMD as Admin and follow the directions.

It is a routing issue, like getting stuck in a traffic jam on the road. Blizzard can’t update every single person in real time.

Follow the Tech Support and CS Twitter info.

1 Like

Hmmm two way street did you say? wow when did Blizzard start paying me to play?

I don’t pay a game to follow crap all day tyvm. They should be reporting to us the paying customer. I message in log would help.

He is saying that if players want technical support or assistance, they have to provide information for the techs to work from. They can’t do that in a vacuum. That is like going to the doctor and insisting you be fixed without telling the doc any symptoms or participating in any testing.

When people want things fixed, they do best by helping provide data for analysis.

1 Like

They’re not getting help tyvm. Read people are complaining they cant contact them for help either. Really.

And they wonder why subscriber numbers are plummeting.

2 Likes

There is no fix right now for this so putting in a ticket is not going to help. This is mostly likely a routing issue impacting a sub group of players. Blizzard does not own the internet and can’t just wave a magic wand. Just like the favorite store you want to go to can’t prevent or fix traffic accidents on roads.

When they have a solution, they will announce it! No gaming company enjoys having players unable to play.

2 Likes

It’s not a routing issue though, why keep pushing the lie?

3 Likes

Can you prove it otherwise?

Being in IT myself, I have seen routing issues happen. It even happened in this game when my provider could NOT get to WoW, but I had to use a VPN client to my work network to get around the routing problem with cox->blizzard.

Others are reporting that a different account with Blizzard works, but not their primary account. Routing isn’t simply from YOU to them, it can also affect how some of their account servers are connected to the servers as well.

But unless YOU specifically know what the issue is, you aren’t actually in a position to really thump your chest like King Kong either.

Lol you mention right in your response the very reason it’s not a routing issue. I’ll let you figure that part out.

I will also point out I gave EXACTLY the response you failed to understand how it can be a routing issue.

If it is a DISTRIBUTED SERVICE, it can reside in * GASP * more than ONE location.

Which means * GASP * not in the same data center.

Which can * GASP * involve routing information from * GASP * one data center to another.

You may want to consider what you are arguing with a person about when they do present the relevant information and you are too focused in your own rage to read or understand the information given to you.

1 Like

I know you think this somehow proves that it can’t be routing related, despite a VPN resolving it (routing around a bad network area).

The reason different accounts might work is likely because they are connecting to the Los Angeles data center, not Chicago. As in, LA works and Chicago had issues.

2 Likes

On my account, different toons on the same server are able to login (in Org) just fine, while my main toon was stuck in a dungeon and now can’t even connect.