Joyous Journeys – Summer XP Buff Event

Do you know how many people stand around waiting for a summon now? Lol.

4 Likes

In theory, your point makes sense. Yes, you could spam the LFG channel that you are LFG, but you might spend hours and no one will invite you. RDF gives you a guarantee that you’ll eventually get your group.

And if you want to have the best chance at getting a group… you’ll be spamming LFG but also keeping your eyes peeled on the chat to see when someone is LFM for your role/dungeon. Only to be told “Sorry, fully” even though you whispered them 3 seconds after they posted their ad.

4 Likes

I guess you could always make your own group then.

Anyway I’m out of this. I’ve seen this song and dance a hundred times and know what happens when I engage with angry mob when they are in table flip mode.

Logic > Emotion

Let the flaming and conspiracy theories commence. Good night. :kissing_heart: :heart:

4 Likes

Spend hours looking for a tank that doesn’t want all the enchanting mats or a fee.

5 Likes

Just had a random thought, what if Nocht, bloom, and zixby are the same person, and swapping characters/accounts and posting in these threads is a genius type of Psyops strategy that actually works in regards to influencing in game changes? Unlikely, but it would be pretty funny. Has anyone seen them in the same place? I havn’t yet…

^^This.

And then you just have like 5 groups of 3 DPS looking for a tank/healer for forever. It’s not engaging or fun.

4 Likes

If you’re not central, or at the dungeon you might as well be trolling.

Looking for Culling while in Borean tundra is basically trolling, you’re just asking to be lazy and be summoned.

And they can’t even blame the socialization anymore, the tool their putting in is just as anit-social as rdf.

1 Like

7 Likes

I have never understood the acceptance of the community behind this. If each and every person would deny such tanks then they would not do that anymore. Easier said than done, but I feel like especially on smaller server communities it could have been combated.

1 Like

Lol here we go again. The usual bunch of doom and glooms throwing everybody that disagrees with them under the bus.

Why take this out after the 8 weeks just leave it leave it in If people are lovely alt characters they want to get it done as fast as possible people do not like to level there is very few people and realistic.

There’s a good chance that the leveling spree is going to dry up very quickly In fact if anything I think it should increase Overtime so phase one put it at 50% Phase 2 put it to 60% And so on Realistically people want to get to the end game like it or not that’s how people play.

Or heck you could Make it its own character Achievement let people choose do you want a level at 1X or do you want a level with the 50% let people turn it on and off just like you can turn experience on and off.

And you could even make achievements around it Let it reward a rare mount or something like that And with the changes that you’re making the boosting it’s fine and make it so if you use the 70 boost it doesn’t count.

But seriously do not take this out There’s no reason to take it out That’s my 2 cents on it.

1 Like

At least leave it in place for level 1-70. That way it has no impact on WotLK content.

1 Like

This sounds wonderful.

Just in time to help me ding 70.

People give up on waiting and give in. That’s the problem.

RDF solves a lot of that.

3 Likes

When I tank, I don’t feel a need to shake my fellow players down for an extra fee for doing it. Too many players are just greedy.

1 Like

Dang, would have been great if the 50% XP bonus was permanent on fresh start servers. Then I might actually play on them

Heck with that I think they should just leave the buffin permanently and have it scale with the phase Or even per character People don’t like to level I don’t understand why this is something that people ei that people either one don’t get or refuse to accept.

Lovely and MMOS has never been fun There are things around it that can make it more fun in classic it’s the potential Interaction with a player.

If we’re talking wrath It’s better for sure But that doesn’t mean it’s actually great if you want to talk about final fantasy 14 well the story carries it It does have some nice outdoor avenge what’s are fun.

But these are all things around The leveling experience like it or not It just gets old So I say Keep the 50% experience buff in through the entirety and increase it by 10% each phase.

Yup. They can make the argument that there’d be fewer tanks overall, but RDF still manages to find groups.

1 Like

So 2 different boosts isn’t enough, now there’s a 50% XP buff FOR A MONTH.

We DO NOT NEED a “joyous journey.” We DO NOT NEED boosts either.

Terrible ideas.

“how does leveling faster bother anyone? actually blows my mind who enjoys leveling?”
-If you don’t enjoy leveling maybe you shouldn’t play a game with levels.

“Speak for yourself, I love the XP event for my alts.”
“Drain is all kinds of strange in the head.”
“Around a third of the time spent leveling is travel, so requiring fewer quests/mob kills also means less travel since you don’t have to go between continents as much.”
-Crusade already cut XP 11-60, and wrath cut it 61-70. Crusade already reduced mount from 40 to 30. Wrath reduced it from 30 to 20. Both made characters stronger, wrath more so than crusade. There’s nothing “strange in the head” about knowing all this. You’re just lazy because nothing is ever easy/fast enough for you.

6 Likes

Did you lose your axe?

3 Likes