Jonãs and Friends

Hey, everyone.

I figured I’d post this in this off-topic place because we got tossed out of the Lounge and kind of want somewhere new to hang out. And since we love talking about WoW (and also have lots of questions–including hardware stuff), we figured this would be an okay place to hang our hats for a bit.

Jonãs made many friends in the Lounge, and he’s been feeling a little lost since they removed all the people who were Beta-tagged from it. Neither he, nor I, really want to cheat to get back there; so, I hope you don’t mind if we put our thoughts and ramblings in this here thread for the time being.

Some of it may be off-topic, and some of it might be WoW-related, but this way we can all find each other and continue our friendships and comradery. If you’re looking for a friend, feel free to join us. But if you’re here to troll and just be a pain, expect to be ignored. This place is meant to be civil and fun–not a job, a chore, or a rigorous debate. If you want those things, please feel free to throw them into the General Forums or in a topic of your own.

Thanks for your time if you/ve read this far and also for your kind understanding. We promise not to take up too much space.

~~ Chani

6 Likes

Hello!

Nice to see you again. Hope all is well for you.

4 Likes

Hello, I hope all is well with you.

It’s a bit quiet in The Lounge. I stop by there every few days to see if there is anything new. These days, I mainly post in the Customer Support forum.

5 Likes

Love ya’ll. pharazon pointing with pink glow

7 Likes

Bought a WoW hoodie - gray with the logo embroidered on its front. in white. It cost $50.00 (or thereabouts) which was too much, I know, and She Who Must Be Obeyed liked to have hit yon ceiling when she saw me with it on, but all is well except a couple of slits in the arm sleeves I don’t understand.

Am I correct that my thumbs are supposed to slip into those holes , making a half-handed glove?

I did it and immediately felt silly as hell. Guess I better not use those slits, huh? <<Old man walking around looking like a skinny little girl with cold hands!!! Oh - wee! :roll_eyes::blush:

Well we’re fixin’ (“about”) to go to the market. Let’s see if anybody notices this thing, so maybe I can save a little face with She, anyway,:sunglasses::wink:

5 Likes

laughing It’s so good to see all of you here again. We sure do miss y’all.

As for me, my hand is recovering. For those that don’t know, I had a slip and fall in Lisbon and ended up in the Portuguese Trauma Center where I got several stitches. This happened about the third day we were there. Go me! laughing I always say that I have to get injured at least once on any trip, and boy did I do it this time.

Anyway…I go to see the doctor next week, and probably a hand surgeon just to make sure everything is all right. I also had a tooth extraction on Thursday…and my mouth still hates me. Kids–do the brushing and flossing and mouthwash thing when you’re younger. Trust me. It will save you a lot of pain and money later on in your life. I was dumb and didn’t do that a lot. Now we are paying for it.

Jonas–I love the idea of this hoodie of yours, but I think I need a picture with you using the slits for your hands. Just one. For posterity. >.>

What projects are y’all working on now? Vyanta, I know you were tumbling rocks and had a new robot friend. Phara, are you still working on your graphic art? Nightsong, are you writing anything new?

I’m getting ready to take a poetry class that starts on Monday–or at least I think it does. I’m really looking forward to that. It’s one whole month of just writing poetry and working with other poets online. Also, turns out my Mom got me published. >.> I have a poem published in “Times Remembered” through the Perky Poets Society of Bellville, TX. Dianna Norton is the editor, and I imagine you can find it on Amazon, and probably other places. I have one poem in there titled, “The Angels of the Seasons.” Still, I’d like to get published in some literary journals this year; so, I’ve set myself that goal.

I’m also trying to lose weight through Noom! So far so good. This is the first time I’ve been below 210 lbs. in a fairly long time–like…probably 2010 or so. My goal is to get back to around 120 lbs., and I believe I can do it. It isn’t going to happen overnight, but as I learn and establish good new habits, the weight will go, too.

And…I guess that’s it for now. I’m not real sure where you were going with that story, Jonas. Is it about enemies? What races are these people? Where is the castle? Is this in WoW? Is that guy that was speaking the spy? >.>

Well, I hope your trip to the market goes well, J. Cerril and I are going to see about getting some Hearthstone rewards. Wish us luck!

Cheers, everyone! Might have some music for you in my next post. :eyes:

5 Likes

You are correct! I love those little slits. I have several of those types of tops. Then again, I am a skinny woman with cold hands. That has gotten better ( cold hands) over the years. My daughter used to say, “Mom, cold hands but a warm heart.” I’ll take that.

The rocks are going well. They are very smooth and shiny. They’ve been tumbling for almost three months now. I’m planning to take a peek at them tomorrow, and I’ll try to remember to take pictures.

My brother stopped by today and helped me fix the door on one of my sheds. My daughter is dating someone. It’s her first time dating, and the guy is super sweet.

4 Likes

:blush: Actually, been working on a few things. Hit a writing block a while back but have managed to write a few things this last few weeks. None of it is WoW related though.

Actually, got into a DnD group… been kind of focused on that. Me and a few of the group kind of took over the discord and most weeks we do a lot of semi-free form role-play. It’s a lot of fun. One reason I’m not as active on the forums as I used to be.

Between DnD and writing I’m kind of running out of free time…

4 Likes

In 1979, one of my Creative Writing Profs noticed a pattern in my assignments: fiction and non.

What do y’all think it was?

4 Likes

I would have reread it to find out, but you smited your own post! :smile:

Your professors noticed you favored one of the two general categories of fiction and nonfiction?

I’m going with fiction…

2 Likes

laughing Uhm…you would often put a bit of one in the other and vice versa? >.> You asked me to guess!

Anyway…here’s a song for y’all:

Hello, My Friend, Hello

3 Likes

He liked where I was going with my use of colloquial language.

He also said he smelled a Steve King “wannabee” and I should find my own style.

3 Likes

I had the beta tag since like the BFA alpha/beta. I thought I’d have it forever.

3 Likes

I’ve been very busy getting caught up since I’ve emerged out of having covid last month. Plus, there’s been so much else I’ve been trying to deal with in life, and I have ended up with a lack of energy, creativity, and motivation. I have one thing in the works for someone, but I’m way behind. I feel terrible for it. I’m trying though.

3 Likes

If they are good for you to be around, they will understand. It’s the thought, and intention, that counts.

3 Likes

Phara!

Just keep at it. You’ll get there.

I’m sorry to hear you had COVID, though. That can be a drain on anyone; so, don’t beat yourself up too much about it. I’m sure you’re doing the best you can right now. big hug

While I do look forward to your creations, even your process is a thing of wonder and joy for (I hope) many of us, but I know it is for me. So even if you’re not feeling inspired to do something yourself, please let us see things that inspire you, too–even just screenshots! Or silly old gaming systems. Or a piece of bread. laughing The point I’m trying to make is that you’re an amazing person, and no matter what or how you’re doing, we’re here for you. :heart_hands:

Thanks for sharing how you’re doing, too. Sometimes it can just be nice to let ourselves talk about what’s going on with us sometimes. I often find that it helps me find clarity, or even just let go of the thoughts that have been stirring around in my brain pan.

Jonas:

I hadn’t really thought about that much, Jonas, but you’re right; you do tend to use colloquialisms rather a lot. That said, I feel like without them, I wouldn’t know how to write. I expect that will make some of my stories and writings age poorly over time–but even Shakespeare and several Victorian writers used the slang of their day, and we’ve got whole textbooks devoted to it. So maybe, several hundred years from now, they’ll be devoting textbooks to our weird lingo, too.

I guess time will tell!

Allendor

I’ve had a Beta tag probably since the friends and family beta before WoW went live, though I think it only stuck after the Wrath beta–which is around the time I think they added the tag to the forums and then transferred it over the years and forum changes to the Lounge.

I don’t know WHY they decided to get rid of that now, but maybe because it’s a new company starting a new journey with Blizzard, they wanted to have a clean slate–none of that old baggage that didn’t conform to the forum strictures hanging about. laughing

Either way, I’m glad we can create a place for ourselves here. Perhaps our little community will be able to capture that sense of joy from the Lounge–even if we’re just posting in the void. :grin:

And hey, Nightsong:

Please feel free to share some of your writing with us here, if you want. You’re incredibly imaginative and have some of the most amazing ideas I’ve read in a long time.

I know sometimes it can be hard to “find your muse,” but if you ever feel stuck or need some inspiration, come let us know here. We’ll do our best to help you out, or cheer you up, or even just try to make you laugh. :wink:

3 Likes

Channyn!!!

Thanks so much for the Neil Diamond song. Man! He really shone on that one didn’t he? I left a remark (satiric, of course),

If you can, find the album by Neil (Young) And The Shocking Pinks called Everybody’s Rockin’. If you love Neil and you don’t have this one - you’re missing out. It’s my prequel song to your “Hello”, Channie BTW, thanks for hosting this for us. I do miss you guys. Everyone. I got Jonãs back in action - minorly. Can’t let him go home with that beer-belly.

Also, might as well come clean (as it seems we’re alone). I am nasal retentive. Ever do that? Stifle a sneeze? She says not to ever stifle a sneeze and no, I asked her that - our brains won’t get blown out our ears (!) , but we could get a brain bleed, so I guess it’s best we not go ickickick in our nasopharynx. Best do it into the sleeve of your long-sleeved garment, if you don’t have (as all guys should - a clean one) a handkerchief. On you. Any-damn where - your nose is turning nasal-explosive down your chin!

When, in a moment known as :“New York Speed”, out of five different directions you suddenly see before you 5 hands clutching…a tissue in each. I know. You wanted to fall on your knees before them right?

You can, but first you have to recuperate from the way you passed out from somehow burying your face into the smell of all of those tissues .

Isn’t it great? They never stop being a Mom - no matter who you are, or how hard it is to watch you suck your brains into the back of your skull.

True anecdote. Not about me, of course.

Thanks for posting the album and song, Channyn.

EPILOGUE: For the rest( of that day I followed Dondra around, saying ick,ickick (at any inopportune time, of course). Got my butt kicked for it too… sniff

4 Likes

Posting these for Jonas:

Everybody’s Rockin’

Rainin’ in My Heart

And Jonas, if you want to post these yourself, there’s a thing right after the I up top there (word bubble, B, I, and then the thing I’m talking about). Just click on that, paste in the link address in the top part, then post in the lower box the name of the thing. So far, it seems to work with YouTube things. I haven’t tested it on other stuff. :slight_smile:

Hope that helps!

4 Likes

First up, sorry to hear about the injury and hoping nothing bad comes of it.

It sucks that you guys got caught up in it, but there were a lot of blatant trolls just jumping to new toons and using their account level TL3 to well be trolls… They still are being trolls, but now they can’t post some rather vile imagery.

Just as with a lot of nice things, it was the few who abused it that drew attention to it and ultimately cost the rest their privileges.

Full honesty… stuff like this means a lot. I get anxious as heck about my writing and well everything… so thank you. My DnD group has also been good in that regard… I got some blunt praise for what I felt was a boring background on my character.

4 Likes

I like your fiction Nightsong and I hope I get to see more of it. I think what you have (a little) is “Stage Fright” (The Band 1970)

What you feel about yourself is also *what you portray to others. Know who said that? Me - I just now said that and I said it you. You, Nightsong - should exploit your talents - they’re waiting to be exploited. It’s why they are there.

You can actually exploit some things and not feel guilty about it!

*And I don’t know if I said that orginally, okay? It just needed to be conveyed.

ETA: It goes without saying, that I believe in every one of you, and feel sure that whenever I have to go, it will be with the assurance it will take all of this talent to save the planet. Nightsong. pssst

4 Likes