Spreading My Wings - This Trust Level Three Thing

It’s pretty eye opening how scrolling through 99.9% of social media is a waste of time. Spend today scrolling and next week ask yourself what you looked at today. You won’t remember. That is how meaningless it is for the most part.

Have fun playing your guitar! I used to not be on social media/forums much but lately I have been and thanks to your post I’m going to keep my own comment at the forefront of my mind and spend less time on it.

:dracthyr_heart:

1 Like

I am the Neo of the trust level system. I can defeat the mods. I have the technology. :robot:

3 Likes

go to mega-thread
hit middle mouse button, move mouse down a bit.
go play guitar while the forum auto “reads” the posts.

3 Likes

I lost my R3 recently after having it for years. I have no idea why, I have been a pretty regular poster and reader here and I have not been flagged much (at least not that I’m aware of). With my current hand problems scanning through pages of posts to try and reach an appropriate level is just out of the question.

So I guess all those cute images I made to add to my comments will sit and gather dust.

5 Likes

Don’t worry! Be happy!

lol

You do what you need to do. I do find myself stumbling into the GD rather often, so you’ll see me around some days.

4 Likes

you can do eeet.

3 Likes

I wish I was able to give you my TL3, Jonãs. :dracthyr_heart:

8 Likes

“All We Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To Us…" - Gandalf The Grey

I am sure the devs had good intentions when they mapped out the requirements for Trust Level Three, but I do not believe they foresaw folks as old as I am not “making it”.

My dear friends, I don’t know what I’d have done without so many of you who gave me your time and thoughts, and I thank you for understanding my dilemma. In order to be with as many of you as I can to ask for help and congratulate you on your successes, this decision of mine is the correct one.

My time is better used reading posts which interest me, respond to them if I can, congratulate you on your successes, and just hope I don’t lose any of you by posting in the correct forum.

Not saying I would not achieve this goal - I’m sure I would. I just don’t want it to be one of the things I will have been proud of when my time comes. There are more important things to consider - such as, “Did I treat my brothers and sisters the way I would have them treat me?” To me, that’s more important than 20 thousand posts read.

Pharazon, thank you, my friend. I am sure you would not hesitate for one second, and I love you for it.

I signed on in 2008, right around Halloween time and it has turned out to be one of the best decisions of my life. The other one was asking “She Who Must Be Obeyed” to marry me again. :heart::blush:

Thank you, Brothers and Sisters. I am fortunate beyond words.

7 Likes

Moving anything on the mouse control is one of my issues. I have been disagnosed with arthritis in the lower joint of my right thumb (am getting a steroid shot tomorrow to try and help it fix) and any use of the thumb and index finger of tht hand hurts. Even typing as I am at this moment hurts. I do it for a little while, then go paste it with some Pain Away. (:

3 Likes

you can use either hand.

use your nose :stuck_out_tongue:

you don’t need to physically scroll.

the mouse can do it for you

The trust level system is dumb and they should feel bad for using it

3 Likes

Fun fact: I didn’t know my mouse could do this. :rofl:

2 Likes

you learned your thing for the day!

…and I accomplished my good deed for the day.

:bird: :bird: :rock:

(that was meant to be two birds, one stone. it looks like the bird broke wind) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

i agree , Blizz and their gating everything in this game including the forums is getting tiresome.

1 Like

After gaining and losing t3 multiple times, I felt like I was back in the honor grind days trying to hit rank 13. It’s as miserable now as it was then, so I also gave up on grinding forum rep. Honor decay is bad design, blizzard. I thought you learned this lesson already.

I lost it as well and I’m not even sure what stat I’m missing since I’ve read over 20k posts.

It’s not just 20k posts and you’re done, it’s 20k posts in a 100 day period, rolling, with posts you read 101 days ago falling off from the read count and needing to be replaced. Which is why scrolling the megathreads for thousands of posts in one day means you’ll have to do that again 100 days later.

2 Likes

blizz didn’t design the forum software.

:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

No more trust levels for me, either, Jonas.

And I think that’s okay. Though, like you, I will miss all my Lounge buddies. Still, hopefully we’ll see them around on the forums from time to time.

:purple_heart:

3 Likes

For anyone looking to find us, we’ll be over in this topic:

If you’re part of the Lounge crew and want to drop in and say hello or keep abreast of things, please post a little hello in the thread. We miss the lot of you, and while we may one day get a chance to rejoin the Lounge, for now it seems best to just try to create a little slice of what we had where we can.

Thanks, all! Hope to see you on the flip side! :wave:

~~ Chani

3 Likes