JF Asked When we Want More Customization

Pretty much this. People are always wanting more more more instead of enjoying what they have.

an example would be the elf community. “More elfs!”

Well, they didn’t discount the idea of them having other classes opened up to them in the future. Basically their reasoning is that they’re just waking up. They’re brand new to the world. Evoker is who they are at base. Like how a human might go up and punch something. They just use these ability naturally. They mentioned that as they go out into the world they might pick up more classes.

I hope that means that as time goes on they will allow Dracthyr to choose additional classes, and thus open the race up for more people. Maybe even let other races be Evoker and come up with animations that show a ghostly dragon “infusing” the spells to allow for things that use wings or tails. Kinda like how Dragon’s Breath for Fire Mages has a dragon appear and breath flame. That might be asking too much though. I hope they at least allow Dracthyr to be other classes eventually.

1 Like

Yeah I get the visage form should have customization but if its to the point its a detriment to all other customization additions… and we don’t even get to stay in visage form? Why is it hogging all the resources and attention and we won’t even be in it

3 Likes

I have over ten pages of mogs in almost every gear slot for almost every armor type.

Most people just set their look and forget about it. All that effort spent putting in more customization’s for classes at the beginning of the expansion, how much game play did that provide for most people? A couple of minutes?

How much time do you think most players actually spend in the barber shop?

Kind of like saying most chess player have been trained over the years that all that matters is making good moves.

Ya, because that is the game.

No one is asking for more elves here.

People, myself included, would like more customization and heritage armor for races that already exist. People have a right to be upset that everything is going into one race that can only be one class. It’s only a 2 spec class on top of that.

2 Likes

Yeah, but ‘opening them up eventually’ isn’t the same as barring to one type of class, and again, a new one. So they’re putting all this attention into something new when people have been asking for things for years at this point.

It’s not that difficult for Blizzard to look into threads and figure out what people are asking for.

The “BOTTOMLESS PIT” people are ridiculous, because legit, we asked for certain things and then never see them. Blood Elves got crappy jewelry for customization. Hands down, no one asked for that. Or at least, very few did. We wanted scars, tattoos, something to make us actually look fierce, instead we got nonsense that clashes with transmog, should have BEEN transmog, and is only there for female elves anyhow.

When they were doing customization passes, they implied they were going to be asking the community for what they wanted. Hands down, they listened to a very few in the community. There’s so many things they could have added and put love into based on what the community asked for, and they ignored it. It’s not that we ‘keep asking for things’, it’s legit we still haven’t gotten any of what we asked for.

6 Likes

Blood elves really need updated hair textures, colors and styles. Really want them to give Vulpera hair effects too.

4 Likes

And the game is bleeding players because people are looking at other MMOs that have been adapting over the years and adding amazing new features, while WoW has been standing still.

6 Likes

It was an example, incase you couldn’t tell. I wasn’t literal.

I’m all for customization but i’d rather them put their resources right now into the expansion. I’m not going to complain on the forums about them doing just exactly that. All focus should be on new expansion features, then maybe add in more stuff down the road.

This was supposed to be the expansion of customization and we didn’t even get all the core races fully customized. Only 6 races got fully re-touched and added new features for them. The rest of us got bandaids and promises of more that still haven’t come to fruition.

At this point I’d prefer they just add in more allied races because at least they will have better customization options than the current races. Gimme my Sethrak and we can call it even.

3 Likes

If people are happy and want more what’s the issue though?

Like people enjoy the content being put out and want more, that can apply to any aspect of the game.

I don’t engage w raiding and other content but I don’t go into threads pertaining to them being “ugh this is a bottomless pit these people will always want more raids” so that outlook being applied to other content many people do engage w being put out is weird to me.

9 Likes

This is an excellent point. I have no interests in raids of PvP, but they constantly complain and ask for more. Meanwhile, Blizzard caters to them pretty much entirely, throwing those who like customization and other aspects a bone maybe once and a while. Then, when we ask for stuff, it’s “Stop asking for stuff, give this side of the game MORE ATTENTION than it’s already getting”.

8 Likes

Naw, I hear ya. I agree. I would love to be able to play a Dracthyr Mage. I was just relaying their reasoning. I mean, Evoker looks right up my ally too, but eh. I am more okay with them make Evokers only Dracthyr than I am about making Dracthyr only Evoker.

New dragon race looks amazing. I would love to see more of them out in the world. Not less because not everyone likes a caster or a healer.

3 Likes

Oh yeah, I agree. Sorry, the other part of my post was more directed at my frustration in general, not you :stuck_out_tongue: I should have used a spacer. But yeah, I do like it, and I’m of the unpopular opinion even that the dragon forms look really neat. The human customizations look okay too, I suppose. I just wish some of that love would go to other races we’ve been playing for a while.

2 Likes

If blizzards excuse for lack of customization at the moment was player housing (another casual and RP community requested feature) I’d be slightly less annoyed and probably kinda what ever bcz I’d assume post intro of some player housing we might get more customization.

But we aren’t getting player housing, and we aren’t getting customization.

6 Likes

I agree with you entirely there, yeah. I’d sacrifice that for housing in a heartbeat. Sadly, it’s not to be.

4 Likes

Yup because naga dont switch forms, naga are always naga it is a curse by nzoth they are no longer highborn, dragons have always had the ability to take humanoid form

Oh no worries. Text can be weird to get across intent sometimes.

And I absolutely agree that other races need love. Some got the attention they deserved, but others got barely a cursory glance. There are so many things they could do that would be relatively easy. Don’t have to add new models like earrings and stuff, though that would be great. Can be as simple as letting some Allied Races and base races share options when applicable (like Draenei and LF Draenei), or giving all races a form of tattoos. And, as always, I’m a supporter of different body types for each race. Can easily keep that racial profile Blizz loves and still give the races choices between slim and muscular or something.

3 Likes

Not even really sacrifice more so just the explanation for the slowing down on character customization would make sense like oh we’re getting housing yeah I understand thats a big project as of rn it just seems “…” like speechless bcz we’re getting neither.

2 Likes

Queen Azshara in BfA questing disagrees. Naga are as capable of illusions as Dracthyr.

1 Like