Jaina doesn't actually kill civilians in the Purge/Teleport them the Violet Hold

If we really wanna get hairbrained, we can combine this with the recent Proto-dragon lore.

Tyr was studying Proto-dragons and observed how they could take in nearly any sort of energy and make it a part of themselves.

As in, give a Proto-dragon earth magic, and suddenly you’ve got a big rock lizard.
And Tyr openly wonders if there’s something out there they couldn’t adapt to.

So what does this give us?
Proto-dragons are super malleable and mutate when exposed to external energy.
Elves are super malleable and mutate when exposed to external energy.
Hmmmm?
Hmmmmmm?

Elves also tend to be the preferred choice of draconic visage.
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM???

5 Likes

It’s all a bloody conspiracy! I knew it was Tyr all along! He did this to us elves! Now let’s rebel and join the primalists for some reason!

Heresy! You shall submit yourself for elven love education

1 Like

I mean, Elves did come by due to the energies of the Well of Eternity… which basically is titan blood (And Freya creating the lifeforms which was affected by the Well of Eternity and that eventually created the trolls).

No :rage:

1 Like

Oh my god, I just had a revelation.

Dragons!
Proto-Dragons!
Elves!?!?

Waaaay early when Blizz had a video thingy talking about Dragonflight, one of the devs let slip something like “You’ll meet proto-trolls” or something.

It confused people because we assumed that meant the Djaradin were the “proto-trolls”, despite the Djaradin not really resembling Trolls.

B-B-But what if we’ve been misled?

Elves are all malleable as Proto-dragons.
Elves came from Trolls.
Zandalari Trolls, one of the most ancient tribes still in existence, have an affinity for reptiles and even grow scales.

What if the proto-trolls they mentioned were actually the proto-dragons!?!

Tell me I’m crazy, please!

5 Likes

You have forced my hands here, expect ravening sunreavers at your door later on today.

And even if that was the case, “infinite retaliation for being bombed” just means the Horde/Tauren have a rock solid excuse to bomb Theramore to begin with!

4 Likes

I mean, I like elves.

It was just a mistake making them playable.

Nah, it was a mistake to slice them up more and more into sub elves.

1 Like

lol I think your not far off, Trolls and Elves might be the only one’s alive at that time in the past (or their pro-primitive race I think lol), if you listen to the 2 leaders Talk about Visages… they tease at hinting that Visages had another purpose, but this could just be flavored text.

This would be an Interesting revelation for sure and can open a lot of possibilities with future stories.

I know your joking but your theory is not off of what little have been said so far in the lore and story. We will have to see I guess.

At least we don’t have half elves.

My doomed foray into RPing back as a teenager involved way too many half-elf half-angel half-dragon half-whatevers

I just wanted to like, RP a grunt/Peon/footman/etc…

One guy was killed while trying to get his stuff out of the bank. Furthermore there were Silver Convent agents acting on their hate, for ex the one guy who fed a civilian to a shark.

So the context of his friends death are not clear.

1 Like

There are a ton of those on moonguard Alliance, namely dracthyr players as well :joy:

Oh I was only half joking.

My other half is very serious about this theory.

I wonder if we’ll encounter an ancient offshoot of proto-dragons that would eventually become trolls.

Mark my words!
If I’m wrong I’ll eat my goggles.

1 Like

Trolls used to be sort of unique as the only native sapient race not created or modified by anyone else. But now they sort of botched that by saying lots of races are just… native. Like Centaurs. Somehow.

Which sucks, really.

2 Likes

Trolls are still part of the "not intentionally created or modified club though!

Apparently the unknown precursor to Goblin and Pygmy-kind was a native race of Azeroth as well. Not sure how Sapient they happened to be tho? That said, Goblins are modified. By thousands of years of heavy metal exposure in slave mines. But its not their natural state.

Trolls mondo adapt too.

1 Like

If Lother’mar gets a trial as well. Something tells me banishing the high elves from Silvermoon was not any less brutal(and possibly the reason why the silver covenant detested the blood elves)

Didn’t Mimiron uplift goblins? Technically all Gobs are just failed creations of old Mimiron? He created the gobs and then forgot all about them.