Jaina doesn't actually kill civilians in the Purge/Teleport them the Violet Hold

Ironforge should of been the Alliance HQ, and no one can convince me otherwise.

5 Likes

Yeah, good luck getting the Alliance to accept that. A stupid little daily quest made them look, let’s say less righteous and they flooded the forums with everything from tears to threats until the devs went in and changed that quest.

7 Likes

Which one?

The Church of Greymane is something I absolutely adore!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t remember the quest.

Can you at least recall at which expansion it was?

Oh yeah, it was from BFA, something with buring fox people alive.

I recall that it was invasion, and was it really changed? I guess I have to log on my Alliance toon and see myself.

My favorite part of that is they changed nothing material about what they were doing, just softened the name of the alliance forces doing it, and that calmed them down.

Because at the end of the day for people like that, its not about not wanting their side not to do bad things, its about not wanting to be called out for it in the story.

2 Likes

The early version was kind of a bunch of people in a homicidal purge squad. They toned it down in the live release.

3 Likes

I think better approach would be to simply give player a choice. Like it was on Isle of Thunder, you could either Attack elves, trolls, or mogu forces.
And try to apply similar model.

3 Likes

There is a choice. Not do the quest, problem was, like Waygs says, not the fact they did it, the existence of that quest, in fact it made the Alliance look less morally pristine, or something like that.

1 Like

Yeah, funny how no one complained about that other quest where you use a magma monster to kill no less than 200 bilgewater goblins.

2 Likes

Good. The Alliance is suppose to be “lawful heroic overdrive” and with Metzen around maybe that will remain the case for a great deal longer.

The Alliance is suppose to be a beacon of hope in the darkness.

I genuinely wonder if this is the result of different drafts of the scenario getting muddled together.

Not really, you have to do quests in order to progress the game and gather various valuable resources.

It likely is. Whatever the case maybe I am waiting to see how Chronicles fixes it once and for all.

The early draft of the vulpera quest I disliked mostly because it was really cartoonishly stupid how out of the blue it was to just see alliance forces setting people on fire and cackling like maniacs as their victims flailed around on fire.

That is because it feels like something the Dark Iron would do. Just like Umbric sending goblins to the void felt in line with those guys. A 7th legion vulpera purge squad was a bit beyond the pale for the personality of the orginization.

2 Likes

There was like only ONE time where blizz sucessfully made the alliance look morally dubious and that was alliance questing in Stormheim with Genn Greymane.

The alliance honestly needs more grey quests like that, where you can defend your side without having to feel bad about it.

But that’s just my inner worgen obession talking :dracthyr_nod:

5 Likes

It sucks that even that one was marred by what sylvanas was up to, and what she got up to expansions afterwards that makes it feel like a very bad world would of come from Genn not doing what he did.

2 Likes