Ivus loot bug reverted yet?

They banned a guild for using engineering bombs on Lich King and getting a world first. (Because it stopped the platform from collapsing if I remember right) why wouldn’t they ban people for this? Same concept.

1 Like

The lack of an ilvl requirement for the Arathi warfront wasn’t an exploit. It was an oversight on their part. So what?

At best, it was a convenient way to gear up alts. It wasn’t an efficient way to farm Azerite, gold, enchanting materials, or anything else, because a character received one piece of gear per battle.

I could not care less about people using all their tokens on re-kills. If that’s how you wish to pursue an upgrade then I’m okay with that.

But for those who knowingly, which I define as more than twice at the beginning OR re-killing at all after the news has become common knowledge (no REAL way to know, yes but still a measure and this should be given the most lee-way possible), exploited a bug I WHOLE-HEARTEDLY and with VIGOROUS GLEE support Blizzard’s decision to suspend the cheaters.

2 Likes

There’s a difference between finding a bug, going haha here’s a bug that gave me loot, reporting it, having the loot removed, and finding a bug, repeatedly utilizing the bug to gain as many rewards as possible, not reporting it, and trying to get away with your rewards.

One is that of a responsible player trying to maintain in game integrity. The other is an opportunistic player trying to take advantage of the situation.

Long story short, if you knew what you were doing, knew it was wrong, and did it anyway… Ya you deserve what’s coming to you.

6 Likes

Very hard thing to prove in this case. It isnt like the world quest exploit at the start of bfa. There is a very real chance that a newer or less informed player did this without realizing it wasn’t supposed to be happening.

There wasn’t any extra steps needed to trigger the exploit blizzard just messed up.

Honestly, I can’t see the bans being that long, because if it was me, I’d cancel my account, immediately call blizzard requesting a refund for the time foward I had payed for, and if I didn’t get it, file a lawsuit, which would be completely valid at that point. I’d be really surprised if they ban anyone at all, and if so, for more then a day.

Which is why they stated that their punishment was going to be directly related to “how excessive the abuse was.” In other words if it happened once, fair enough, crap happens. If it happens repeatedly… across 5 characters… Ya no…

5 Likes

If a player has more than 1-2 Ivus items or several hundred residuum, then boom. Pretty easy. Everything in the game points even an uneducated player towards “you do this once a week.” You get your reward, the WQ disappears, and every boss in the game already drops for you only once. Let’s not try to pretend “innocent newbie” is any more than a percent or two of the people who did this.

Bottom line: don’t cheat and expect to avoid punishment.

3 Likes

Why? If a player notices a mob drops loot more then once and isn’t doing any kind of bizzare trick just playing the game normally why should the burden be on them to be well versed on the games spawning and lockout systems?

1 Like

No, internet-suing is not valid at that point, nor at any other point, regardless of what your Internet Lawyer friend tells you.

2 Likes

Read the terms of use because you are very mistaken.

Besides, “if you ban me I won’t play anymore?” Lol yeah that’s the bloody point.

1 Like

Because they are using it as an exploit.

It would be fraud to keep money for time not spent in game, which would be illegal, if they where forcing you off for any amount of time. Not that blizzard wouldn’t refund you for the months you weren’t playing, there generally pretty good about that.

Again, if it happens repeatedly over and over and over across multiple characters… That’s when it matters. I refuse to believe that any player at level 120 doesn’t have the capacity to notice that a world boss shouldn’t be giving them loads of loot. Given that we’ve already had multiple show up in BfA and none of them have done this previously.

Just like I’d expect a player to figure out that a WQ shouldn’t be infinitely repeatable for AP. And then not only to figure that out, but to also not take the next step and get every single character to non-stop grind that quest to max while telling their friends about it.

The point is at SOME point you have to be held accountable for your actions.

5 Likes

Because lockouts and spawning systems aren’t some brand new thing only found in WoW. You can’t use that as an excuse.

3 Likes

Since the Q&A is pretty much BS , how are these bugs and data not being caught in PTR? How long must people constantly have to put up with the level of incompetence seen in this expac?

4 Likes

Okay, why don’t you try that? Talk to a real attorney. Tell them this line of…

um…

“reasoning”.

Ask if that constitutes grounds for a lawsuit.

Bring tissue.

1 Like

So wait, is the bug logging out and logging in and the WQ being back up? Or is the bug using bonus rolls? I’m a little confused. On a couple characters when the bonus roll window didn’t pop I just joined a group again and killed him so it would. Am I going to get a suspension? I never bonus rolled more than once.

Great job Blizzard. As someone who was not able to use multiple bonus rolls, this really rankled me because all those items were huge upgrades and it really wasn’t fair at all. I’m not sure if it’s fair to punish people who were using their seals and assumed it was intentional, but removal of bugged items is awesome.

I don’t think those players should be punished other than having their items removed. It was never really clear whether this was an intentional feature or not, especially when you consider most mythic bosses can be rolled on repeatedly assuming one has the necessary currency.

Take away their items and refund their Seals and do not suspend them. That is the right thing to do

Ran all of my toons - like 9 - coined all of them and nothing but azerite and gold, personally thought the joke and abuse was Blizzard saying ‘no loot for you!’

1 Like