Ivus loot bug reverted yet?

Imagine finding ANYTHING out in the open. A lost wallet/phone/whatever, and not turning it in. Yeah it’s kinda rude, but IT WAS OUT IN THE OPEN.

Also you’re talking about people “exploiting it for a month” vs “some people potentially killing a boss multiple times to re-coin the boss because you can do that in raids/LFR/M+ as much as you want”.

I dunno about you, but I work in software design. If I make a mistake in testing, we don’t fine and punish our customers.

11 Likes

I thought the bug was some characters being unable to use the bonus roll like 2 of my alts. I didn’t know people were getting loot for multiple kills.

1 Like

So… what was the exact bug that’s being considered an exploit?

Was it the ability to bonus roll again on each new kill? That certainly seemed intended. I thought it was.

I was able to use a bonus roll on multiple kills with my Warlock, but I literally got only artifact power. How’s that an exploit? You can do that in Uldir, too.

As Omegall reports, I was never able to use a bonus roll on him with my Death Knight. I killed him several times just because I wanted to be able to do this. Never got loot. Never got AP. Never saw bonus roll window. Exploit attempt? No, I was looking to use that bonus roll.

4 Likes

30 years as a professional software developer. You can bet if someone found a mistake in our licensing code that enabled them to bypass our keys and get our software for free, we’d be much more inclined to sue them if they exploited it and redistributed our code.

6 Likes

This doesn’t really seem acceptable. The mistake was on your own end. Removing loot is one thing but issuing punishments for something you clearly messed up on isn’t acceptable.

This isn’t like the world quest exploit. There wasn’t any extra steps needed. You are going to hit a lot of accounts that are not in the know from your own mistake.

6 Likes

Getting a few pieces of extra loot (max of 3) and stealing/redistributing your software is a MASSIVE difference. No one was stealing from Blizzard.

11 Likes

I don’t know the details of the bug. I assume there was a way to kill Ivus multiple times and get loot over and over again that did not involve a bonus roll. The game has always allowed you to bonus roll for a boss multiple kills even if you’ve already looted that boss normally once, so that’s not an exploit.

3 Likes

Hey, how about fixing the bug that doesn’t let Lightforged or Void elves complete the world quest “Spell Components” because it makes them unable to attack the mob they need to get the loot for it.

2 Likes

That was in fact the thing. That said, World bosses supposedly do NOT (for whatever reason) allow you to recoin them. That was unintended but it changes each and every time because Blizzard is never consistent with anything in this game anymore. How was I supposed to know this right away with a brand new boss?

As for killing the boss over and over, imagine a random player not understanding how this game works, jumping into the game at 110 and quickly leveling a character to 120, then hearing from a friend that this guy drops some pretty good catch-up gear and you can kill him multiple times. Again, an example, but I’m willing to bet you there will be plenty of false positive players being banned over this.

Keep in mind Ivus only has ~3 pieces for any given spec. You’re not getting a full set of gear, you’re not getting massive amounts of AP or gold. You’re getting a few pieces of gear that will be IRRELEVANT in about a month. They’re about to ban a LOT of people who were not “abusing an exploit” and had no idea.

6 Likes

I have to be honest here. Ivus loot bug was the most fun I have had in BFA since launch. Banning paying players for a bug, just take the loot back and call it a day. I hardly log in, but that was a fun few hours.

4 Likes

While this is annoying to do you can kill the Queen repeatedly. Takes about 5-6 mins or so to complete it this way waiting for respawns.

No one believes the devs will do anything about this, they never have in the past. Horde get special treatment every time this happens. Zero people will get a perm ban for this, zero. At most they will get an item taken away from them. You can’t trust devs when it comes to horde alliance balance.

2 Likes

Sorry, but first time MIGHT be a mistake. Second time is on purpose.

3 Likes

License Limitations. Blizzard may suspend or revoke your license to use the Platform, or parts, components and/or single features thereof, if you violate, or assist others in violating, the license limitations set forth below. You agree that you will not, in whole or in part or under any circumstances, do the following:

cheats; i.e. methods not expressly authorized by Blizzard, influencing and/or facilitating the gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods;

10 Likes

Can you address why these “mistakes” always happen to benefit the horde?

If nothing else, does ANYONE at Blizz understand how this looks from the outside?
You’re feeding the horde bias mantra full-throttle.

6 Likes

Heck, Blizzard has violated their own terms then by giving horde these advantages…how many times now, just in BfA?

I didn’t see them taking away the gear the horde got for spamming warfronts when they first came out with no ilvl requirement.

Thank you.

very different, its obvious if an ATM is incorrectly spitting out money, letting you roll again and again with the token could have been intentional.

1 Like

I’m sure all the banned Horde who had this happen to them will feel very benefitted.

Stow your hatred for races in a video game for five seconds and realize that nobody ‘benefitted’ from the mistake, not this time. Sure the ilvl restriction thing for Warfronts benefitted the Horde and was unfair, but the effects of that are pretty irrelevant these days.

1 Like