I've Realized that What Makes MMOs FUN is NOT Playing with Other People

someone in here…actually a few someones over some time…said that they are foaming about it because many of them sell runs and thats why they are obsessed with you not playing with them…less gold for them to make.

Sounds tin foil hat, but personally ive been told stuff in here that sounded nuts but ended up being pretty spot on…including the BAD behavior in here coming from adults, not 13 year old kids like I assumed.

1 Like

Theres a reason why Ion has given us SOLOABLE follower dungeons and now Delves. lol.
He knows what direction the community is heading in…they certainly have the data to know that more and more are enjoying this game solo than 15 years ago.

1 Like

THIS 100

Its already going in the direction I am hoping. Cant get here soon enough.
Follower Dungeons/Delves are this expansions best feature by far

1 Like

Diablo is an entirely different game, and it’s systems don’t translate as well over here. An infinitely scaling, highly difficult and rewarding solo system could be made for wow, but m+ as it currently is wouldn’t work so well, I don’t think. It would have to be something that was more single player focused. Delves could be the start of it too, once it gets past its infancy stages.

1 Like

D4 is a perfect example.

Its a large scale game than can be done solo or group.

When was the last group you saw that isn’t friends from past?

Happens but not often

WOW the first four dungeons are seriously good. Much better than DF overall.
And the Delves ive run so far have been a ton of fun.

They keep going in these directions and this game might actually survive another decade or so.

1 Like

All WoW is right now is a gearing simulator almost identically to Diablo. It took them 20 years to finally decide that allowing people to do solo anything is even partially acceptable.

I don’t see how greater rifts in D3 or the pit in D4 are that different from M+ on WoW. They both have timers. M+ has affixes but it wouldn’t be that difficult to change things and make it work.

Oh no!

Anyway…

Lol mood WoW playerbase is awful way too many people with toxic attitudes :dracthyr_crylaugh:

Its more that wow’s dungeons are designed with the classic tank/healer/dps core, and the challenge comes from all of these roles working in tandem. Having 2/3s of that handled automatically skews the difficulty of the system and throws it off entirely.

What they could do is design dungeons that are more designed to only need one of these roles active at a time, with maybe an NPC covering a secondary role. Which is effectively what delves are. Just add an M+ type system to it, and go from there.

Or keep everything the same for people who enjoy grouping.

Add NPC for those that don’t. No difference in difficulty, loot, design etc and let the player decide

2 Likes

THIS. Been horrible for a very long time.

Inevitably new expansion flood of players, solo content experienced. Find out you need to watch 470 you tube videos down to precise second in order to raid with quiz during raid BTW. Oh and you’ll need 55 addons. Then lstenm to my constant barking in caps on exact feet placement,

Realize being told what to do isnt fun, unsub and await next expansion.

Your mileage may very

5 Likes

Got any in mind? Genuine question, not trolling. I’d like to check them out.

How hard would it be to make items people group for available to people who play solo? A series of hard achievements that is possible solo? A series of Delves that is possible solo? Seems like it could be done. Why would that kill the game? If WoD didn’t nothing will :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yea, little generals will take the fun out of any game. And I’m not saying the majority are like that. But one has to admit they are a factor.

2 Likes

Delves are seemingly the answer to those types of players wanting solo-difficult content at their own pace. And it’d be difficult to do properly for existing content like raids or M+. The amount of time and effort Blizzard would have to put into place so that AI could mimic real groups that also screw up at times - forcing you, the player, to try and salvage it (or die with the mistake).

It all seems rather convoluted and almost redundant when the entire purpose behind M+ / Higher end raiding is playing with real people.

Solo players have been supporting games like this for years now. They want a world with other people in it but want to play at their own pace and choose when to join a group. For some, they have a band of players they play with and this is also fun. The problem was after the main quests were done, the solo players … I’m willing to bet they’re majority of players out there … leave until the next expansion comes out.

With Delves and follower dungeons, Blizz can now maintain subs past the main story-line and keep the money rolling in. The solo players can run the delves and follower dungeons to gear up their chars and make no mistake … players of all types want to upgrade gear just to advance their chars whether they intend to raid/Mythic with them or not. If they feel like it, they can LFR for better gear and let me stop all the elitists before you say “they don’t need the gear if they aren’t doing XXX”. This is a simplistic view of char advancement because solo players want to advance their gear as well no matter how they plan on using it. If that advancement stops there is no reason to saty. No stay? No subs. No subs? No money. this is not that hard.

2 Likes

Yuh I have multiple mental disabilities so I struggle like addons help a lot but I still make mistakes which is not allowed in some players minds, like remember one BFA dungeon that was brought back in DF M+ the titan facility one there was a debuff I was struggling to keep on top of and this Druid from Illidan got really snappy at me over it like instantly was nuts. x.x

Like doing my best here sorry I’m not perfect or whatever.

1 Like

I remember a time not long ago when the entire purpose of 5 mans was running with real people…and here we are…running with four AI characters.
Things change

Times do change, but then at that point: Put that effort and time into better content meant for those players. Create more engaging content with that kind of AI development or focus - instead of rehashing entire difficulties again. IMO at least. Rather see new content with that tech than to just… Use it on M+ / Harder raids.