I've Realized that What Makes MMOs FUN is NOT Playing with Other People

A Community of “Individuals,” isn’t.

Everyone has to depend on each other to less or more extent, the moment you remove it entirely, you do not have a community.

1 Like

What I don’t understand is why people who don’t want to do content that requires other players still feel like they need to do that content. You don’t need to touch raiding or m+ if you don’t want to deal with other people. There is plenty of solo content in the game already, and you don’t need mythic gear to clear it.

End game gear is for end game content, and vice versa. If you dont want to engage in it, you dont need it anyways.

1 Like

Wow mmo is still pretty much Blizzard’s cash cow still, even with the mobile games like Hearthstone they have. Probably part of the reason they never tried a little off shoot rpg single player version in the Warcraft universe. Would be awesome though imo. I would play it for sure. If like you said it had a similar combat system would be great. They would end up trying to do what EA tried to do with Command & Conquer many many years ago, and make a first person shooter out of this game though probably before making a single player wow rpg lol. A single player rpg based on Starcraft would have been even better imo. Sadly they have abandoned anything Starcraft now, except for keeping it in maintenance mode.

1 Like

I’m not so sure on this answer, but my hypothesis is its very similar to some groups RL.

Because “Solo” players desire to play alone, they feel that it is essential that others participate in their content, because they feel or believe that the majority who prefer group content are discriminating against them, or some how oppressing them because they do not enjoy their content. As a consequence they demand more content as they feel isolated and perhaps even socially alienated.

This goes into the whole “Group Representation” ideologue in modern society. The idea that if everyone has equal amounts of “Representatives” that it is then “Fair” and “balanced.” It seems misguided more so than not.

best run ever…leveling in a Blackrock depths run. We did a total clear. Break at half time, talked for a few minutes, then got back to it.

All you get today is “MUH MMO’z” from some of the most foul personalities on planet earth unless youre in a guild

So your response is to tell people to quit? Think that helps your game? Believe it or not MANY people play solo to avoid the drama of having others tell them how to play.

2 Likes

its just a little tantrum they like to toss.

• its none of their business how we play our game.
  • THEY are the reason so many dont want to play with their poor attitudes…and then they screamin “MUH MMO’s” like I literally just said above, lol
1 Like

A ‘community’ does not = my having even a single interaction with ANYONE who lives around me other than seeing them out in the parking lot from time to time.
I know…thats pretty much how it is here.

PvP and like games that REQUIRE player interaction might be what youre thinking of. “mmo” simply means the game is online and lots of folks are playing it together…interacting or not.

Because of foul mouthed players in groups?
there is a TON to do in this game every expansion that doesnt require me to socialize with any player. I know. Ive been doing it since BFA.

I play THIS game because I enjoy how vast it is and how much solo crap I have to do in it…it has NOTHING to do with the wonderful personalities in here…literally at all, lol.

1 Like

Sad you feel this way in an MMORPG. Perhaps a single player game is more suited for you.

1 Like

literally lmao…its gone…I looked back there and its just gone now lol

Which is why the USA doesn’t have a community and why it isn’t “diverse.” Its a “tossed salad” in which each piece represents its own part, and not a whole. It is why it is different, but not inclusive. The consequence of social alienation is isolation, as a consequence people avoid socializing and trusting people including people who even appear as they do or even those of similar beliefs.

Which again, the US isn’t a community, and a community that is divided as much as that isn’t going to harbor positive feelings towards the other parts which is evident even today.

I quote: A massively multiplayer online game is an online video game with a large number of players to interact in the same online game world. MMOs usually feature a huge, persistent open world, although there are games that differ. These games can be found for most network-capable platforms, including the personal computer, video game console, or smartphones and other mobile devices.

1 Like

I dont give to rats rumps what you pulled off google …Ive BEEN PLAYING This game pretty much solo since early BFA…lol

question…SOLO…been that way since what…classic? lol
Pet battles…easily solo

Could’t agree more. Follower Dungeons are great for players like me who don’t want to put up with Toxic puggers and the maniac Adderall tanks who want to speed through everything so fast and don’t loot.

I despise people who run through dungeons lightning fast. It’s not fun.

I would love to see a template implemented where you can assign Tank, Healer and 3 DPS characters from our Warband to be used for follower dungeons. To customize a whole party’s stats to our preferences would be wonderful. For all those people who want to say “But an MMO is playing with other people,” to you all I would say please go play with other people then. I don’t want to anymore. Don’t interfere with how I want to play because I don’t care about how you want to play your game.

Again, so you’re asking for people to leave?

So your anxiety and fear of people saying unpleasant things to you prevents you from socializing?

Even to the point in which you wrongfully generalize ALL of them as being such ways and avoid them?

That is mental illness, not the entirety of the player base.

I’m asking perhaps look into another style of game that leans itself to solo play when you enjoy solo play.

Why does it matter how long you’ve played the game? I’ve played the game since Vanilla and before it was even an MMO (WC3).

Pet battles if you don’t battle other players. But that again only makes it a moot point.

and now hes gonna argue with himself.

Been playing 99% solo since BFA here…this game does NOT require interaction.
MMO TODAY is just that…many players…playing online together…and ONLY games like PvP REQUIRE player interaction. This game…doesnt…nor does ESO… I know…I played it for two years.

1 Like

Yeah i had to do follower dungeons a couple of times and I thought i’d never really use it. Just wanted to take in the story and why I was in there in the first place for the War Within. It’s def helpful while questing. It still wont take away from doing dungeons with people you enjoy playing with though but I pug pretty heavily.