I've Realized that What Makes MMOs FUN is NOT Playing with Other People

Elitism destroys every MMO.

3 Likes

I’m sorry that you feel this way maybe try and make friends and play with them like the game is meant to be played…cause you know its an mmo

Or ya know we all adapt and allow choice. choice that doesnt affect those who want “friends”

1 Like

if you cant make friends in game and seem to think that other players are the problem then a little self reflection might be in order. cause there’s a common denominator there and its not the other players…

1 Like

I want the choice to tolerate or not tolerate. Why does this effect you? This right here is the same mindset keeping people from experiencing content. Those who believe their way is the only way. Root of problem

1 Like

nobody but yourself is keeping you from experiencing the content…

And yet a function the game already has can fix the problems for those who Choose to use it. Just needs to be expanded to all content

1 Like

ahh yes because everything they add to the game is good for the health of it /S

I know. the minute it happens… socialization, elitism it all goes away. But man, to be able to experience content Ive paid for without the need to follow someone elses rules. Liberating for sure

2 Likes

Log into D4 for a chat. Or group. Yeah. NPC’s would do the exact same thing here, so i get the concern.

did you forget to swap to your alt for this message? your replying to yourself…

Havent changed anything. No need to try to prove my point on toxic behavior and troll me. But thanks! Again, root of all problems

1 Like

??? your literally replying to yourself…

It might be that the developers have seen that producing content that 10% of the players will ever see is not a productive use of their time and maybe cuts into the profits. A fancy restaurant that caters to only the most elite is nice (for you), but McDonalds makes more profit feeding the mass of hoi polloi so disdained by the elites.

2 Likes

An issue is you thinking that a multiplayer game should go on pause for you. It isn’t toxicity to tell you that by afk botting in group content that you’re wasting people. Using the word toxicity doesn’t mean you have the monopoly on weaponizing that word against people.

1 Like

this is the type of person that shows up late to raid and gets mad that the 20 other people didn’t wait for for him to kill the first boss.

1 Like

I wouldn’t have taken issue with his post except for the passive aggressive nature of it with his talking of zOoM zOomiNg.

Selfish players who think the game should stop for them, that other players should accomodate their pacing are annoying beyond belief. Adapt, or get out. Follower dungeons are absolutely perfect for these players who scream about tOxiCiTy while being completely incapable of conforming to a group…in a multiplayer game.

1 Like

This is why Blizzard needs to set the pace. Instead of giving everyone options they need to decide how the game should be experienced and stick to it.

If they want zoom zoom M+, speed run, insta gratification gameplay then do it.

If they want social community, slow pace, teamwork MMO then do it.

You cant have both because given the choice, people will always go for the immediate gratification even if its at their own detriment.

they do its called m+…

This attitude that I need to conform to the group or get out, is exactly why I, and apparently quite a few others, prefer solo play. It is almost comical that you pose it as being “selfish” that other people have their own preferences.

I can’t speak for the OP, or anyone else, but what I want, is to find a group of people who play like me. To whom I don’t need to conform all that much. Because we kind of all agree. Instead, I am constantly faced with narcissistic children who insist I play by their rules or they will take their ball and go home.

This “my way or the highway”, “conform (to ME!) or get out” is the attitude that makes me want more solo content. Because the most aggressively obnoxious people in the game lack the social skills to see others as people, and not (ironically, considering the topic) disposable NPCs.

1 Like