I've Realized that What Makes MMOs FUN is NOT Playing with Other People

I think Blizzard should go all-in on them. Merge Follower and Normal, and create a Heroic Follower.

Have a “fill with AI” checkbox in Finder, and solo or group queue for an instance. If the box is checked, you get AI players. If it’s not, you get humans from the queue.

Same rewards either way.

Meanwhile, Blizzard can add more classes to the AI players so that you get variety in your groups.

They could even add a little personality. E.g. the AI tank says “Hey let me pull, please.” Healer says “Mana!” etc.

Everyone is a troll that doesn’t prescribe to your vision for the game.

Maybe you just think everything thats remotely challenging isnt fun, because you`re actually really really bad at the game and wont admit it XD

To me, everything without people is boring

2 Likes

Gen pop for you.

Ad seg is fine for me.

So true my man. I came over to the forums after having a blast in the Spiral Weave to see if anyone was talking about Delves. They are AWESOME for a solo player like myself. Great job Blizzard! Please keep ramping the complexity and difficulty!

2 Likes

i play wow solo to collect stuff

delves are gonna be a game changer for obtaining tier sets

3 Likes

I play MMORPGS to have a world with real people in it. I don’t really play them to have to overcommit by grouping with those players.

2 Likes

This is especially important for people who are catching up, follow dungeons is a new feature – something which Most of the Dungeons do not feature

Additionally, with dungeons and raids being a part of the main campaign – it takes the fun and immersion out of the story when it becomes secondary to the primary concern of keeping up with other players.

Which is why I am glad that they are adding a story mode to the raids in TWW, but I hope that they plan add that to raids at least up to BFA.

The most fun and challenging experience I’ve ever had is soloing group content – content that is scaled for groups. It requires a far greater amount of skill and provides a far more rewarding experience than grouping with randos and trying to herd cats.

It’s great if you can find decent people to run dedicated content with. But you are delusional if you think that’s what most people are like. PvP and raiding/mythic invites a certain type of competitive jerk attitude. If you don’t have a friend group, you are just screwed. Or if your RL schedule means you are busy during prime time, you’re screwed.

Why should players be forced out of content because so much of the player base is toxic or because they can’t play at the right times? You can still make heroic/mythic a challenging experience, where the player has to work just as hard to coordinate. This would be even more so if follow dungeons were modified to add a few abilities to control your NPC’s. Then it’s almost like an RTS.

Besides, I swear some players have the IQ of NPC’s anyway, so what’s the difference.

2 Likes

TLDR: With AI modes I can opt in or out… while hardcore/try hards just gate keep the game from ppl who pay to play the same amount as them. Let me shout at the stodgey never-changers their motto back at them, “GET OFF MY LAWN”. lol

I agree with OP… I like the option for both but expand the option to do follower mythic 0 would be great. Sometime I can deal with people but when people are the reason I am trying to excape into this theme park game, then it isn’t to group with a bunch of toxic ninnies who might off themselves just to see a run fail. If blizzard increases AI involvement with AI npc then think LFR and normal raid spots could be filled with AI fillers… so when the toxic people drop etc… it doesn’t ruin the run for all. I mean there are the issues with ppl getting kicked for watching cut scenes etc… which needs to be figured out… which is blizzard’s job as a company that made a MMO game. People issues are the consequence and the burden of all those fat stacks of cash not the solo player or the Get-Off-My-Lawn’ers. More things I can opt in and out of are always better.

Grammar and spelling issues are on purpose to annoy the lurkers and ad hominem slingers. You know who you are. -Cheers

1 Like

it really depends on the kind of person you are.
for myself, someone who generally tries to keep her world and the world the rest of humanity lives in separate, in an effort to preserve my own peace - soloing is where it’s at. But i’ve always enjoyed my own company.

But i feel like if you’re the kind of person that really enjoys social interaction, or if you’ve always had friends - then of course that want to share the experience is going to translate over into a game. :woman_shrugging:

Agreed. I play games like this because of the persistent and expansive world… not to interact with garbage humans.

9 Likes

That’s an absurd statement. Also think you mean “subscribe”, unless you intend to mean there’s some element of a doctor providing medicine.

1 Like

there’s a big difference between “you can play it alone” and “playing solo will give you the same experience as playing with others”

1 Like

You should try Skyrim. Its a decade old and does that better than wow

wife told me the only thing she misses when playing AI dungeons is the foul mouths in the chat box, lol

1 Like

Switch to Ret /thread…

My God, I hope never.

2 Likes

The typical solo players just want some useful end game content that provides incremental ilvl increase, just like everyone else.

1 Like

The inference to this exchange is “maybe it shouldn’t be about comparing playstyles and it should simply be about people finding what they like and being at peace with it.”