I've had the time of my life, and I owe it all to

You, Niar.

I heard about the thing. I’m going to try and enjoy my retirement too. But I wanted to say thank you for inspiring me to truly be “#1”. I still lead a world record of solo HK’s in the cities, and you are still my first frag. I’ve come a really long way since the days we battled it out in the Trade District. I grew in the Hunter class, mastered it, and flexed my mastery against all manner of PvPer, even fragging those with 2,400+ ratings.

I still don’t know what Shadowlands will have in store, but I’m not able to hunt like I used to at any rate. Things haven’t really been the same since Warlords, but maybe there’d be the prospect of a revival. I’m going to miss the hunt. But the most important thing is that you made me the success I am today. Before you, I was a hopeless raiding warlock treading water at best, but since you, I became of the stuff of world-first: a legend that would live on as long as Retail WoW is continued.

Despite your unique personality, you made a great impact in the game, vicariously through me as it were. Whatever games you’re playing, I wish you the best of luck until we may meet yet again in Azeroth. It takes a #1 to truly become #1.

–Zerkhal, the Jackal of Stormwind

8 Likes

You could have done that yourself anytime you wanted. Why did it have to be him? A troll on Trade chat inspired you? Dude, you must have been in the pits for years.

2 Likes

Istolilly, probably best not to rile him up, he adores all attention given, even on our dead server. He thinks everyone adores him when in truth, its the opposite. Funny I came across this on a bored day of surfing the forums.

1 Like

I guess Jackal is or was the server mascot?

I wonder what he was talking about.

I can’t talk about it here, but there’s a certain reason why I wrote this to Niar. If what I had heard was true, he’s not coming back for a while. I was expecting him to find this, particularly when he gets bored. It’s funny you happened to stop on by in something that wasn’t really your business. It used to be your business, though. It could have been yours again if you weren’t “bored” as you claim.

Just take in consideration the context, that if it wasn’t for him I would have never started this: the royal this. You hadn’t entered in the picture just yet.
@Istolilly Did you read…

That’s cramming a lot of years in a single half-sentence. Niar was more of the mascot when the servers merged. People knew who he was. People didn’t know who I was, that is, before I picked up the Bow.

Not so much a mascot, just a nuisance troll that everyone knew because he bragged about kills on Niar or afk lowbies or afk people in general.

@Jackal, public boards means anyone can respond so telling me its not my business doesn’t stop me from replying. Got a problem with me responding, just suck it up. Cya buttercup. Can hit me up ingame if you got a problem. I’m done here.

That’s unfairly disingenuous for you to say so. My next question is: do you want me to tell him or you? It won’t be untold once I tell it, I can guarantee that.

If I had a way to contact Niar directly, I would have gone that way. And that’s not what I meant by business. On the contrary, you’re welcome all the same. I had no problems, even especially after all the crap you try pulling off on me. Inasmuch as this is a PUBLIC place, I’ll do my best to be discreet about that for now. This SUBJECT MATTER didn’t really have anything to do with you, except it did for a time.

I’m frozen, and enjoying retirement, so that shouldn’t get in your way in tying up any loose ends. I would recommend getting the Mad World FoS as you don’t have it yet. For an “afk killer” I managed to get it at 465 ilvl 0 corruption. I guess killing AFK’s only did wonders for my class mastery.

1 Like

Bold text since you cannot seem to read my last post. Frozen or not, its your choice to re-up and make your issue known to me in-game. I don’t care for forum drama. Whatever drama you seem to want to unleash about me or Niar or whomever, that is your choice. I just was posting to warn off Isto. You know better than to cause drama with me on a public forum. Find a better way to do it. Be the better person and take it off the public forums. If you’re trying to “shame me”, I doubt it will work. It’s just a game, relax and go find something better to do.

So you said that you can come along on the forums and say whatever, but ya gotta own up to it. So this is what comes as a result. At least you can know first off this has nothing to do with you, so you can’t say this was a “drama attack”. I believe this satisfies the “You know better than to cause drama with me on a public forum. Find a better way to do it” clause, and withstanding the fact that I did indeed survive that thread nuke.

I guess Isto should know that you and I were PARTNERS once in the “afk/lowbie killing” business. Due to disagreements, you went your way and I went mine. You wanted to raid and I didn’t. That didn’t stop me by one single iota. And it’s not that I wish to cheapen your involvement. You played a part in the thing you accuse me of. What’s interesting was that killing AFK’s, lowbies, etc. got difficult to a point where you needed to RAID to get better gear. The only thing that’s changed with me was it got easier and easier, because I got better and better. Solos or duos were nice that way, as opposed to 9-24 others who would just drag their feet and take more than their fair share of the blame of fail. BTDT, bought the whole gift shop.

You conflate attention seeking with individual enterprise. For the first time in 10 years of WoW I had something I could call my own, and Niar was unequivocally the thinnest hair trigger you could get for something like that. I like to think that makes some people JEALOUS. I could thank Blizzard for connecting Eonar and Velen together too. I did the raiding thing within Eonar and it just never worked out. A rather oddball Aussie gentleman was the fulcrum in a zero-to-hero success story that really ought to be published and get acclaim in all video gaming history.

1 Like

You did comment. He’s free to say what he has to say like you do. I’m sorry you guys are still this ugly with each other.

Oh I know I did comment. I just wouldve rather had it off the forums for his…commentary. I edited that out since he decided he wanted to write a book in response. If he wasn’t so stuck on certain…points in the past, guess I wouldnt be so ugly about things.

1 Like

It’s not my buiz but it seems really storied. That happens in RL when you run into just one person that inspires you to do something. That’s the thing I like the most about Jackal’s story.

1 Like

Guess there’s that. Too busy looking at my issues with him to look at that point I guess :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Edit: finally got it to show my horde avatar :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

In a “that-was-then-and-this-is-now”, I’m retired. I did a little hunting after I got my msty amps. Because of dramatic QC issues on Blizzard’s end, I’m doing my best to sit out SL launch. I probably have nothing more to prove at this point as Hunter; unless Blizzard invents new class challenges or PvP feats I wouldn’t have anything to work towards.

It would take a major patch or two just to get SL in a playable, finalized state. This was called “Beta For Azeroth” for a reason. With other projects to do I can wait for Blizzard to clean things up mid-cycle.

Nice avatar, Mid.

That’s your choice to sit things out. All I was meaning was to take things off the forums if they were going to get ugly like last time, if you know what I mean.

And thanks, just took logging out and back in to update my avatar apparently. Full horde now…

I still got Bnet. Don’t need to maintain a sub to use the network. We used to be connected there for a while, when things were at its ugliest two years ago.

I can see that getting two name changes back-to-back in a cycle didn’t help much, but my new name is an honorific I intend to keep. You can still call me Zerk, but the community would call me “Jackal” or “Jack” for short. 10 Blizz-bucks goes a long way.

Thought you had to have a sub to post on any of the sub forums that werent Customer Support o.O
Name changes follow you when youre on a persons ingame friends list (not talkin bnet level, I’m talking character level). Kinda hard to shake loose anything or get away from much with name changes. I know we were connected via bnet but alas, ugly things were well…ugly.

1 Like

This must be different because it’s server forums.

I actually changed my name the first time because I thought that would help me hunt longer. “Zerkhal” would have been burned into people’s memories in Legion. But then I ran into a certain Malygosian paladin and had to do it all over again. It was like I was a criminal having to go by fake names so he can keep being a criminal. SL doesn’t look like it’s going to be PvP heavy so I probably won’t need to change my name again!

I would like to do an update, Mid.

WPvP is practically dead now, and BGs are not really that far behind. I’m forced to do PvE to get back into the cities, two things I never wanted to do as the casual plebeian that I am. I’ve been wanting to GET OUT of the cities. The only good thing going for it is that there’s no AH’s in SL zones, which means there’s still a chance I can find max levels in SW or IF.

I’ve put together a decent progression plan. Gone are the days where I can just do crates and assaults for a couple of days’ work. Blizzard galvanized this problem in the negative. It’s only the first week and things can change, but casual PvPers got dumped on, to the extent that YOU HAVE TO DO PvE content to get anywhere not counting Torghast.

Back in BFA I thought I did a good job getting away with it, occasionally picking the low-hanging fruit from Warfronts and M+ weeklies. It’s all jacked up, but like you said, you knew I’d figure it out.

Yet without being able to use [Edited by Blizzard] abilities, I just hope people will bother to come back to the cities. Hunter, so far right now, is at an all-time right, particularly Marks. If things hold, it may get very interesting when I’m ready to jump in.

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to masked language as it is in violation of the Code of Conduct.

Guess you didn’t take much of a break. Just now seeing this. I’ve moved on to greener pastures. Velen/Eonar is a thing of the past for me. Hope the pvp works out for you though! I don’t think we will cross paths much, as I plan on moving the rest of my crew off V/E. As I said, hope everything works out for ya!

1 Like