Account bound essences would be a net positive for the game

Done the grind for BIS essences 4 times now on 4 chars.

I don’t see any negatives besides more people playing alts. I’m not going to entertain anyone answering with a strawman of “But then people would would account bound ilvl/gear”.

This post has just been unbanned after 25 days so please keep it civil.

260 Likes

This was my second time doing it, I now raid lead and raid on this character. It is now my main.

13 Likes

This was the third character I did it on, make essences BoA! I raid lead 3/8 Mythic runs for pugs on this character each week.

17 Likes

If I’m bored, I might do it on a 4th - But i’d prefer not to!

13 Likes

I don’t do anything on the druid because I’m not invested enough in it to bother with it… but if Essences were account bound I’d definitely do something.

39 Likes

I might even level my DK up to play and tank if they became BoA.

12 Likes

Man you are a legend. I cannot be bothered. If essences were account bound I prob would have spent alot more money and time on this game via character boosts, wow tokens and prob merch as I did in Legion. This grind rep for power thing has to go or be alleviated in some way. Its sad and makes me depressed. I only play one character now and just play other games. Ive been spending time in the other big mmo out there that actually cares about their community

70 Likes

Honestly If it wasn’t for the guild and people I play with there is no way I’ve had done it more than once. The content is just not fun.

37 Likes

we love account wide essences

let’s have some fun and make a list of pros and cons to account wide essences :

pros :

1. you get to jump on your alts and do the fun stuff right away (m+, raids, or whatever kind of pvp you’re into)
  2. goodbye ultra tedious and boring grind that takes months to complete
  3. legit makes everyone happy and no one angry

cons :

1. literally none lmfao
91 Likes

Probably 8th or 9th.

That would be spam then.

The issue isn’t as big of a deal as you make it, otherwise the many threads of this same topic you’ve made wouldn’t have died out so quickly.

We don’t need account-wide essences, if we’re going to go that far then we might as well have account-wide gear equal to the best geared character on our account.

8 Likes

The thread about doing it a second time had had 264 replies and 3,400 views.

The other thread i made had 110 replies and 1500 views.

I’m curious due to the lack of any achievements you have which are account bound, do you even do 120 content?

11 Likes

How many of those replies were by the same posters?

2 Likes

You didn’t answer my question.

6 Likes

Because it’s off topic and baseless. If you’d like to derail your own topic and take a chance at it being removed faster than people can see it then have at it.

feel free to make a thread with the topic about players commenting on threads without the achievements that you approve of if you’d like.

3 Likes

I’m not sure what’s offtopic about asking a person insisting account bound essences aren’t required when said person seems to have not done the grind the first time at all.

I thought those achievements were account bound?

25 Likes

You thought wrong. You can set most achievements to only show per character if you wanna get down to the nitty gritty.

And if you think for a moment that this armory is even correct then you’ve got a lot to learn before you start running into off topics like that.

4 Likes

See that wasn’t so hard was it.

2 Likes

But it was off topic and baseless.

1 Like

I don’t think so, I’m a person who has done the grind three times and the people who are usually actively arguing against it either haven’t done it themselves or don’t have any alts at all.

There’s actually one been one instance where someone has done more than 1 character petitioning against it.

21 Likes

If you think we should have account-wide essences do you also think we should have account-wide gear?

If not, why not?