I've Been Waiting A Long Time For This - Necrotic Plague not jumping from add to add, only stacks up to 2

still bugged, how long does it have to be :confused:

1 Like

We don’t even get a response.

i know its an old achievement and that the devs are working on shadowlands but it has been bugged for months now :frowning:

1 Like

Your a saint my dude. Strat 100% worked for my friend and I. My friend used Black Ox Statue on his monk. Had the statue tank the Lich King, we stacked together away from him and had the plague bounce between us while I just killed off all the adds from afar. You probably don’t NEED a pet or something like the ox statue to do this. But you need at least 2 people and you need to make sure you kill off the adds as fast as possible to insure the plague doesn’t bounce to them.

1 Like

As of 04/22/2020 This is still bugged, I have used 2 man group, pet class warlock and hunter and the Necrotic Plague does not jump. As soon as it lands on a ghoul it kills the ghoul and wont jump to a new target. I have reported this in game and now here.

Right. Workaround is to never let the plague jump to an NPC, hence the duo strats.

But keep bug reporting, they’ve got to find some way to make this work.

1 Like

so can I solo this or get a friend to help?

I recommend getting a monk friend to help out with bouncing and keep adds away from y’all through using ox statue aoe taunt.

still bugged. this is pathetic

It’s now May 28, 2020. It’s still bugged, bugged for a year now. It’s my last achievement needed for the mount. I kept watching videos wondering why it wouldn’t work. This needs to be fixed!

It’s not bugged. First off just stand there and let the adds stack up and I mean stack up. Next is to move from getting punted. Personally it’s easier to do it with a pet but melee it’s harder since you have to move the adds while moving out of the punting koolaid. There is exactly enough adds throughout the first phase to cover the stacks plus those that accidentally die .

Its not stacking on the adds, the plague kills one add and doesn’t jump to another. Its the 8th of June 2020, still bugged.

2 Likes

hello, this is still bugged, blizz please fix.

2 Likes

It is NOT bugged, you just have to kill a few and stack some more. I killed a few and they got to 13 plague stacks.

Just want to point out that there’s many people on here all saying they can’t do the achievement solo. Some of y’all should maybe make a group, or pair off, and do the quest together. Just sayin haha.

Don’t want to let Blizzard off the hook for leaving bugs in the game, this should definitely be fixed. But you have the means to do it with the community :slight_smile:

people not understanding mechanics, is not a bug.

@Those who claim this is not a bug.

Look. I tried for a long time to do it solo by bouncing it between adds and myself.

That doesn’t work as the debuff disappear as soon it expire on the add themselves. You can confirm that this was originally how you are supposed to get this achievement through old comments on wowhead.

At some point something changed and the original method no longer works. You need to bounce it between two people all while killing adds without touching Lich King himself which make getting this achievement a pain in the rear end.

This is an achievement which reward the player with a mount. A very nice one I will admit. Not a quest. just a clarification.

originally, it wasn’t possible to solo a raid boss… so… no, that isn’t how it was intended to be achieved.

based on current comments on wowhead, it’s possible to solo this.
so… if anything, it’s been changed so it can one person can accomplish this achievement.

plenty of posts on wowhead from the last 20 days, which state people have managed to solo it.

however, corrupted items seem to cause an issue.

This is definitely bugged, i posted about this years ago, i even submitted tickets years ago, as far as i am aware of this bug has been around for more than 2 years. The response i received from Blizzard has always been that automated bot reply of our tech team will look into it. But they clear don’t give a S about this at all.

Which of the comment? Be more specific please.

The legion 110 from year 2015 comment? No that strategy doesn’t worked anymore the last time I tried it as a 120. I had to bring in a monk + brew statue to keep Lich King + adds isolated at stair while me and other players, I had to beg the guild mate to come and help out here as it was the LAST achievement to get the Glory of ICC 25 achievement, were walking around the platform together in order to avoid the knockback AoE which still can wipe a 120. We wiped so many time trying to figure out the mechanics because the wowhead comments were hugely out of dated.

I was a Demon hunter when I tried this at first. So I was obviously very frustrated when I tried this. It didn’t help that I didn’t have a pet/alternative target which the debuff could hop over to without wiping itself out.

I will re-emphasize that I tried to do this solo many times as a 120 Havoc DH. My best guess is that something related to being a high level 120 and/or some of the backend mechanic changed which make it impossible to solo this because the debuff will disappear if you tried anything. Even if you don’t attack adds and let them come to you. I watched the debuff like a hawk and as soon the plague tick on an add. It will disappear and not transfer to you or any other adds. Nothing just gone and I am just standing there and move for the knockback AoE.

Although the debuff will hop from you to add and add a second stack correctly. But not from add to you which force you to have more than one player or another target that the debuff can hop to without transferring to adds themselves. Like say hunter/warlock/etc… pets for example. The trouble is you have to stack on top of your pet and guess where the adds/Lich King are going to run to? Yeah you and your pet which you have to kill adds without using aoe or anything that might kill Lich King or prematurely trigger phase 2.

I will ask you to post a video of doing this solo on the live world of warcraft because none of the strategy I watched/read from 2016 and earlier worked.

The most reliable way to do this close to solo for the moment is to absolutely bring a brewmaster monk for the Ox Statue to keep lich king and add locked in one spot near stair and bring another, either multiboxer or another person w/e, party member to hop the plague back and forward. Always stay together until you get 31 stack and kill the Lich King right away down to zero hp and keep bouncing the stack until Lich King finish his RPG speech and you are done. This strategy requires you to have two party member at a minimum but you can bring more.